2019 Member Tournament Sign up Thread!!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I happen to be in Philly yesterday so I took the opportunity to visit with my buddy Mitch and check out Bluegrass billiards. This room has a nice bar area in the front which is somewhat isolated from the playing area. There will be no sitting at the bar and turning around to watch the action. The tables are all GC with several having a bit tighter pockets. Mitch said they just bought a one with 4” pockets but the felt needed to be replaced. Hopefully they do that before the tourney as it would be a good action table. The lighting on the tables is acceptable.

The kitchen has good food. I ordered a chicken sandwich that came out like a Philly cheesesteak. I also saw several guys that had prettty healthy sized hamburgers. They did not have a operational fryer so no French fries:eek:

Lastly, this is a cash only establishment so bring plenty of cabbage. Who goes to the pool hall with only credit cards anyway?

It may also be noted that my buddy Ben “Beat me like I stole something” 😂😂

It is always great to see you Ben, and I’m glad you enjoyed the room!

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
It may also be noted that my buddy Ben “Beat me like I stole something” 😂😂

It is always great to see you Ben, and I’m glad you enjoyed the room!

I did manage to squeek out a win playing 1P. Afterwards, Mitch schooled me on the finer points of back pocket 9 ball.

chicagomike

Verified Member
does that mean she does the race and you cheer her on??.....:heh
just kidding mike
good luck to both of you
its a remarkable physical achievement just to finish

Ha thanks...I’ve been a spectathlete at plenty of her events. Her group alway appreciates me as the camera man, but this time I’ll be on the other end of the lens.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Let’s don’t forget Mitch’s tournament of the year. Our FOURTH annual MOT. First year the New Orleans jamboree with our Southern gentlemen pushing NO. Next was Windy City Storm with our Chicago entourage. Next was the Beautiful Beach Bash in Fremont encouraged by the Hendy/Kentucky combine and now the City of Love One Pocket spirited by Mitch the Beast. He had a warm up tournament some of you will remember showing he knew when end of the cue was up. Next year, our Fifth year tournament in Colorado at a place 12 Squared is going to tell us all about. There is a rumor the first 32 players get rides from the airport with room and board.
I would like to suggest that letting our fearless leader choose place of his choice in New Hampshire. It a goodwill gesture for all the people he has brought together in peace and harmony in the name of our love for One Pocket. If it is Freds place, that used to own the original California Billiards, it will be a great room.

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

by my count, six spots left fellas.....:cool:

7 spots left. Stop counting so late at night. Heh. (It was a set up, Miller. Number 15 is open but tricky lol).

6 weeks fellas!!!!!!

youngstown

Verified Member

Talked to the wife about staying an extra day. Count me in.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Mitch,

Can I borrow 100 for the entry fee?
I promise to play all your 3 rail prop bets.

Please advise,

Fatty

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Mitch has been holding out on me. I never got that lesson:eek::lol

You can get it buddy. No problem 👍. I never should have let Hendy come back the set we played. Now apparently I’ll never hear the end of it 😂

chicagomike

Verified Member
Cincy Kid had sent me a bag of of OnePocket.org button pins thinking I was going to the members tournament in South Haven. I have given the pins to Jonnytronic to bring to the Philly members tournament for distribution. Great job on the pins Cincy!!!

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Why dont we book Efren for our tournament?

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1556039442141.jpg
    FB_IMG_1556039442141.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 0