Would you say this behavior is in poor taste?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
My two very good friends and students: Donn aka DWS, and John aka Johnnytronic have an ongoing dispute going, as to which one of them is going to inherit my pool cues when I go to the big poolroom up there in the sky...:eek:...

It's quite upsetting to me when I sense them being overly anxious to get ahold of the cues...:rolleyes:...especially if it's during a week when I have doctors appointments (as in today for example, when I had to get a nuclear stress test from the cardiologist)...:eek:

- Ghost

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
My two very good friends and students: Donn aka DWS, and John aka Johnnytronic have an ongoing dispute going, as to which one of them is going to inherit my pool cues when I go to the big poolroom up there in the sky...:eek:...

It's quite upsetting to me when I sense them being overly anxious to get ahold of the cues...:rolleyes:...especially if it's during a week when I have doctors appointments (as in today for example, when I had to get a nuclear stress test from the cardiologist)...:eek:

- Ghost

Reboot your will....

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Ghostie, you apparently believe it's in poor taste or you would not have asked the question. Poor taste because they debate about it or because they have let you know about it? Since you have asked for my opinion I have to say that I would have to be there for the event. Surely they are kidding about it - do they chuckle while they argue? If they do, then the only thing that matters is whether or not it offends you. If it does, then you must address the phrase 'very good friends'. As we grow older, humor is found in different places than before. And yes, I have had such a test. Be well, pal, (as well as you can) and take good care.

Bill
If it ain't funny it ain't much

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghostie, you apparently believe it's in poor taste or you would not have asked the question. Poor taste because they debate about it or because they have let you know about it? Since you have asked for my opinion I have to say that I would have to be there for the event. Surely they are kidding about it - do they chuckle while they argue? If they do, then the only thing that matters is whether or not it offends you. If it does, then you must address the phrase 'very good friends'. As we grow older, humor is found in different places than before. And yes, I have had such a test. Be well, pal, (as well as you can) and take good care.

Bill
If it ain't funny it ain't much

Howdy Bill....damn, after all all of these years on this site I figgered all of youse guys knew my sense of humor by now..of course I'm just kidding with my "in bad taste" title - I love black humor, even if it's directed at me...all three of us, myself, John & Donn joke about me leaving them the cues - we all have good, dark, senses of humor :heh...I tell them: "whichever of you loses the most money to me from the year 2019 onward - gets the cues" :p :heh

- Ghost

P.S. You be well too Bill.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO

- Ghost

Very poor taste! How can I get on the wait list for your cues???? :eek::rolleyes::D:lol ( :sorry )

Stay well.

beatle

Verified Member
i am going to give the person that has been the nicest to me on the site my balabuska and ebony josh when i hit the skids.

to qualify you must be nice to me and send larry each a 100 dollars to be on my short list which he can give to me less 20% fee for his trouble next time he sees me.
ghost gets on the list for free of course.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

- Ghost

Yes, Very poor taste.

I claimed dibbs on those cues years ago.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
we are only kidding if and when his cues are mentioned and we never want to see anything happen to him.

I definitely...................... er......................... you know..................... woudln't.......................... um.............. I mean....................those cues.............. but sure, I wouldn't................... you know....... um....... I'd NEVER wish............. you know.......... but.............. damn! those are nice cues.

El Chapo

Verified Member
Have them play each other, have them each pay an entrance fee, winner gets the cues.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I don't need no more steenking cues "TOSM" ..... do you have a riding lawn mower?
I hope you outlive me and I am 120, when I crap out, but if you don't, I got first dibs on the mower. If one exists , which I doubt.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Dibs on the original manuscript of the Manifesto! Luv ya Ghostie!

Last edited:

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
The solution

The solution

Take the item and offer to CUT IT IN HALF and give both 50/50.....the RIGHTFUL OWNER will give it up rather than see it hurt....."whalla" problem solved!

youngstown

Verified Member

Not sure how I’d feel about playing with one of those cues “after the fact”...the cue would probably constantly disagree with my shot selection and haunt me with a miscue to make its point. Then it would disappear for months at a time then show back up and expecting to be loved as if it were there by my side the whole time. Sounds like a high maintenance relationship...😬🤪

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
The cues ain’t shit. Now if he could leave me his thought process for the game I would have to fight to be first in line.

Just saying.

B

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
ghost
nice to see you posting and you havent lost your morbid sense of humor...:D
hope your stress test goes smooth.
be well
larry

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
What a dilemma to be in. I have a few guys standing in line for my Centennial table. They want me to run a tournament for them before I go to see who gets it. The nerve of them.