Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoping to play again

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hoping to play again

    Don't want to sound like I'm complaining I'm not. Things are what there are. End of January I had a problem arise, spinal stenosis, took a couple of weeks to determine I needed an operation, afterwards I was pretty much knocked down.
    Slowly recovering my ability to walk. Has anyone else experianced this situation and made a full recovery? Hard to determine how long it will take, just really want to get back to playing my favorite game.

  • #2
    I'm still recovering from some major surgery but I'm doing ok and getting stronger every day. I can't even imagine your situation but what I can say is to stay strong with a positive attitude and take it from there. It may take a while but have faith in your doctors and yourself and things will get better. Meanwhile stay active on this site and keep us posted on your progress. Best of luck and a good recovery.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Frank, will do

      Comment


      • #4
        bob
        back surgeries are always tricky and spinal stenosis is a tough problem to fix
        your physical therapy will be very important
        hope you have a speedy recovery and are back to playing pool sooner than later

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes, had an accident, spent 7 years in a wheelchair, shoulders went out, three more surgeries, had to learn to walk again and still playing. Trust in God. Believe it'll happen and Chase your dream. Don't give up

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by blindlemon View Post
            Yes, had an accident, spent 7 years in a wheelchair, shoulders went out, three more surgeries, had to learn to walk again and still playing. Trust in God. Believe it'll happen and Chase your dream. Don't give up
            very inspiring
            thanks for the post

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by blindlemon View Post
              Yes, had an accident, spent 7 years in a wheelchair, shoulders went out, three more surgeries, had to learn to walk again and still playing. Trust in God. Believe it'll happen and Chase your dream. Don't give up
              WOW!!! Good for you. Great inspiration. Thanks

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bobt64 View Post
                Don't want to sound like I'm complaining I'm not. Things are what there are. End of January I had a problem arise, spinal stenosis, took a couple of weeks to determine I needed an operation, afterwards I was pretty much knocked down.
                Slowly recovering my ability to walk. Has anyone else experianced this situation and made a full recovery? Hard to determine how long it will take, just really want to get back to playing my favorite game.
                Bob, the key is to keep up the physical rehabilitation. If your doc has not sent you for rehab, start a walking regimen on your own. That's the best natural and recuperative exercise there is, with the exception of swimming. Start moderately, then gradually build it up as you get stronger and more pain-free. When you see a little success, it gives you the motivation to go the whole 9 yards.

                I've treated lots of post surgical cases, and the ones who recover and return to normal (or better) are the ones who continue with the full physical rehab. Sometimes it's not easy, but most people who persevere get the payoff.

                ~Doc

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Doc, doing lots of therapy and have seen some improvement, can get around a bit with a walker now. I will keep doing it and really think it's the only realistic option. I know I have a long way to go and realize it's going to take awhile. My goal, of course, is to get back to playing.
                  I really appreciate all the encouragement, thanks everyone.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bobt64 View Post
                    Thanks Doc, doing lots of therapy and have seen some improvement, can get around a bit with a walker now. I will keep doing it and really think it's the only realistic option. I know I have a long way to go and realize it's going to take awhile. My goal, of course, is to get back to playing.
                    I really appreciate all the encouragement, thanks everyone.
                    Bob, my brother had a similar situation that Put him out of commission for some time. Had a procedure done on his back. After a while started therapy and slowly returned to full operational. Now he goes fishing, play a golf.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X