Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

chicagomike

Verified Member
I’m considering going to hang out for the 1pocket and looks like they have a 9-ball tournament I might try. Does anyone know why they don’t seem to answer the phone there? I’ve tried calling about 6 times and no one answers. Maybe they have a new number that’s unpublished?

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I’m considering going to hang out for the 1pocket and looks like they have a 9-ball tournament I might try. Does anyone know why they don’t seem to answer the phone there? I’ve tried calling about 6 times and no one answers. Maybe they have a new number that’s unpublished?

PM or post on Buffs facebook... James Leone. If you aren't his friend on there you should read his stuff. Hes really funny and is a prolific poster

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
5th Annual Buffalo's Pro One Pocket Classic May 23-26, 2019

These LEGENDARY World Champion Philippine players are in it to win it.

Don't miss the best One Pocket event on the planet.

Get down to The Big Easy if at all possible, and sweat these Legends battle it out vs the top Americans for the biggest payouts in One Pocket.

A New Design (42).jpg

buffs building.jpg
Open 24-7-365, They never close ever!!!
5029 Bloomfield St, New Orleans, LA 70121
Phone: (504) 835-0173

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada

Get down to The Big Easy if at all possible and sweat these Legends battle it out for the biggest payouts in One Pocket.

PhotoFunia-1555564657.jpg

37610771_2410526232305813_3897467321135923200_o.jpg

Deeman

Verified Member
Who else is going? I'm picking up Mary Kenniston answer we plan to stay the entire event. Never know when my last chance to see Efren play.

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
The Magician is coming to The Big Easy and he's bringing his One Pocket Magic Bag of Tricks

Efren 9x6 comic 4.jpg

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Who's who in One Pocket descending on New Orleans

Who's who in One Pocket descending on New Orleans

Even Efren comes for Buffalo's Pro Classic. At 64, he can still play, but not all night. As long as he wins his match, he can beat anyone. It's when he has to play 12 or 14 hours in a row that he fades. Reyes is a wild card in this year's event. No longer the favorite, he still has many bidders who know what he is capable of. Always a fan favorite, Efren loves to play $10 chess while waiting for a match. He has gotten cheap even action with some of the pros, and he loves it. Although officially retired, he has been persuaded to make the trip for the annual Buffalo's pilgrimage. Come check out everyone's hero at Buffalo's. He'll be there on May 21st.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
The Lion and Robocop

The Lion and Robocop

When will they play? The One Pocket World has been clamoring for the match to decide who is numero uno in one pocket. Everyone has his opinion. The old school prefers Alex, who has won everything there is to win in One Pocket and since 2015 has reigned supreme. His defense and cue ball control make him peerless in One Pocket royalty.

Others like Dennis, who has run through the one pocket food chain like a ravenous tiger on the way to the top. Since 2015, Dennis has shown tremendous strides in his play and knowledge. Supporters point to his ball running, banking and fearless offense as unmatched in pool.

The money match has not been scheduled, but you don't have to wait to see them in action.

Both former champions, they will vie for the title on May 23, 2019 at Buffalos on Bloomfield for Buffalos Pro Classic 5. Catch it live or watch it on poolactiontv.com.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Chohan has best record at Buffalos

Chohan has best record at Buffalos

TRex loves New Orleans. Below is his four year record at Buffalo's tournament:

2015: 4th place: $5,000
2016: 1st place: $16,000
2017: DQ
2018: 2nd place: $11,000

Tony has had the best tournament record of any other player in Buffalo's history. His only non cash was a disqualification for showing up 15 minutes late to his match. This rule has now been modified to only dock a player for a game, not the whole match, for being late. If you are looking to bet on a consistent horse, history has shown that there is no better player to take that chance on than Tony Chohan.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Hottest player in One Pocket has been Bustamante

Hottest player in One Pocket has been Bustamante

Back to back Derby City One Pocket Champion. It has happened before. Efren Reyes once won four times in a row. Shane Van Boening won it back to back. So did Alex Pagulayan. But you have to be a rare talent to go through that gauntlet twice and win. At 55, Francisco Bustamante has found the fountain of youth. Bustamante bested over 400 entrants in 2019 to be the defending champion. His one pocket has never been better and he comes to New Orleans with one mission: victory.

Django is yet another killer that will compete for the championship at Buffalo's Pro Classic on May 23-26 in New Orleans. There is no charge for admission at Buffalos and it is open 24 hours a day. The kitchen will be open for your dining pleasure. Tables are available at all times in case you want to play a little. There are gamblers at all levels waiting to take your money or go broke trying. Bring your bankroll and your stick and we'll see you there.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
JHall looking for respect in New Orleans

JHall looking for respect in New Orleans

A defending champion of Buffalos Pro Classic should get a little more respect than Justin Hall. Often considered the "Rodney Dangerfield" of one pocket, JHall is rarely considered one of the favorites at the annual Buffalo's event. Often mired around 7 or 8 in the calcutta, Hall made over $21,000 for his calcutta bidder last year while only going for about $2,500.

When Hall is right, he is a tough out and JHall loves to play in New Orleans. The defending Buffalo's champion, a previous title at the Southern Classic in Tunica in 2012 and 3rd at Lacy's Cue in 2015 confirms that he plays his best pool in the deep south.

Ride the dark horse and reap the windfall at Buffalo's Pro Classic May 23-26 at Buffalo's in New Orleans. Catch it live and in person or watch it at poolactiontv.com.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I was wondering if any of our member/oddsmakers are going to post some lines for this event? I sure hope so. Keith

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I was wondering if any of our member/oddsmakers are going to post some lines for this event? I sure hope so. Keith

I asked my banker if I could afford to buy you fellers a few lobster dinners and he said "Is your car title clear"? I told him "Yeah" and he said, "What do you drive?"

He didn't say anything when I told him '89 F-150, so I'll have to get back to ya.

I'm workin' on it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
mr longarm
thank you for what you do to promote this
if not for the MOP tourney i would be there....:frus
next year i plan to be there and hope to meet you
larry

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Announcement from Buffalo

Announcement from Buffalo

Well pool fans ....$3000 each side no show money has been posted for the Danny vs Scott match.....right after the One Pocket Tournament.. ..you can probably figure out that means just in case Scott chickens out and doesn't show up to play ....his stakehorse will blow $3000......of course it goes for Danny's side also........There is rumor of a Corey Deuel vs Chip Compton match also going on at the same time....We hope so

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Buffalo's Pro Classic: May 23-26 2019

Well pool fans ....$3000 each side no show money has been posted for the Danny vs Scott match.....right after the One Pocket Tournament.. ..you can probably figure out that means just in case Scott chickens out and doesn't show up to play ....his stakehorse will blow $3000......of course it goes for Danny's side also........There is rumor of a Corey Deuel vs Chip Compton match also going on at the same time....We hope so

Nice!! Appreciate the posts, Joe 👍

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Corey Deuel is on fire...and on a mission

Corey Deuel is on fire...and on a mission

Out of over 400 players, it came down to Corey Deuel and Busty in the finals of the Derby City Classic. Corey went out to a 2-0 lead, but Busty found a way to claw back and take the crown. So Corey lost, but played some of the best one pocket at the tournament.

Then Corey played at the Scotty Townsend, and defeated Josh Roberts and Chip Compton to play Alex Pagulayan in the finals. Again it was a double hill thriller. And Corey got edged out.

Corey is playing the best one pocket of his career right now, and almost nobody notices. He is a sneaky picky for Buffalo's because the price will be right on him. Remember he came in third last year.

Corey Deuel is always dangerous, but never more so than now. He eats right,stays healthy, he gets his sleep and is always ready for tournament play.