Congratulations Onehole Nut

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Congratulations Onehole Nut

Congrats Jason! Thanks so much for driving us around all weekend also. In addition to being a killer on the table, you are a good dude!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
congrats to jason and to tom for 2nd place
jason you probably dont remeber me but i was at tunica when you were the "unkown killer" ....:D.......got to meet and get to know you thru bille.
got to see a bit of your match with tom
great shooting
larry

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds like you let out all the stops, bro! Guys from Gulfport are tough sumbiches..;) And it's nice to see a Mississippian win a tourny in Mississippi. Good going!

~Doc

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
Congrats Jason! You looked to be on your game! Tom is a Wirthy opponent! Great final match guys! Thanks for the show.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Congratulations, Jason "One Hole Nut" Moran.

First, I wasn't surprised that you beat the field of players in the Melee. Dan "ChicagoFats" Moran asked who I thought would win the tournament. I mentioned you. I only wanted to buy one player in the Calcutta. You. But who's going to outbid Bill "Big Money" Rowsey? So I backed off. :frus Why he didn't take you in the blind bid was confusing to me. It still is.

Second, in our first game of our three game match, you got out of every trap like you were a "Filipino" Mississippian and I scratched every time trying to get out of your traps. I think the score of the first game was 8 to minus 6. I think I got lucky to get to minus 6. You easily knocked me out in three games. If I didn't say it after our match, I'm saying it now, "Great shooting."

Third, a lot of other players were also right on target, most notably Tom Wirth and Robert Newkirk. Both play exceptional one pocket. You can learn a lot from that duo by just watching their matches. As a side note: I appreciate all the friendships that have been possible through OnePocket.Org. I also appreciate the hospitality shown by Bill Rowsey. Finally, I hope to see everyone again in Philadelphia. Take care.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Congratulations, Jason "One Hole Nut" Moran.

First, I wasn't surprised that you beat the field of players in the Melee. Dan "ChicagoFats" Moran asked who I thought would win the tournament. I mentioned you. I only wanted to buy one player in the Calcutta. You. But who's going to outbid Bill "Big Money" Rowsey? So I backed off. :frus Why he didn't take you in the blind bid was confusing to me. It still is.

Second, in our first game of our three game match, you got out of every trap like you were a "Filipino" Mississippian and I scratched every time trying to get out of your traps. I think the score of the first game was 8 to minus 6. I think I got lucky to get to minus 6. You easily knocked me out in three games. If I didn't say it after our match, I'm saying it now, "Great shooting."

Third, a lot of other players were also right on target, most notably Tom Wirth and Robert Newkirk. Both play exceptional one pocket. You can learn a lot from that duo by just watching their matches. As a side note: I appreciate all the friendships that have been possible through OnePocket.Org. I also appreciate the hospitality shown by Bill Rowsey. Finally, I hope to see everyone again in Philadelphia. Take care.
Since I was not there :mad: I have to appreciate all of this vicariously -- and this right here that you posted says a lot to me, and for me!! If it was not for you all, WHO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN here at onepocket.org, the fact that I am the one behind onepocket.org would be meaningless.

Many thanks to Bill Rousey, John and Jeanne Long, Bill Meyers for streaming, One Hole Nut for all kinds of things, John Crabb also, and anyone else I missed, for making this happen!

Congratulations to Jason, Tom, Newkirk and all the others who were able to go and support this event, that Rowsey so generously hosts!!!

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Great Shooting

Great Shooting

Jason, Congrats on the win. Man, you played well. I was happy to see you win it.

Tom and I tried to use all our experience to beat you, to no avail.

I sweated quite a bit of your match while driving home, and you were moving very well with Tom.

The friendliness and spirit of our 1pkt community was on full display. Lots of action, 20 all the way to 200 game action. No tempers flaring.

I had a great time Dustin Miller and John Crabb ran the tourney very well. Jeannie was very tedious and efficient with the charts. She also has a very good touch on the golf game.

Hope to see everyone in Philly.

P.S.; I found out that at 70 it is hard to play 15 hrs of pool on Thursday and not pay for it with leg cramps all night long.:eek:

Again, many thanks to Bill Rowsey, what a host.