Onepocket.org horse in the US Open Onepocket.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
So we or could we sponsor a player?? If so I would like to nominate Ben Smith (Hardmix). He had a very high finish at the derby (top 25) and is playing some excellent pool right now. Additionally I know that he was considering attending. I think it would be fantastic if we sent him!!

Anyone?

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Mitch, I really appreciate the thought but I think this is something that I need to do on my own.

Having said that, I continue to rely on the post here to help further my game. A nugget here and nugget there goes a long way.

Ben

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i've heard the entry is 500 cecils. mr. griffin used to comp 1p.org an entry (and did it several times). hope we didn't collectively piss him off by snubbing griffs as the host room for the MOT last year..... jus sayn'
:frus:rolleyes:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
i've heard the entry is 500 cecils. mr. griffin used to comp 1p.org an entry (and did it several times). hope we didn't collectively piss him off by snubbing griffs as the host room for the MOT last year..... jus sayn'
:frus:rolleyes:

I think there would definitely be support for hardmix, but if he did not want to be "our horse", we could sponsor a different player of course, so the idea is still a good one!

I still have an extra copy of the Beard's DVD set, "Banks that don't go but do" -- which I can donate for a raffle prize. I can call Mark to see if he would be willing to donate all or part of the entry also...

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I think there would definitely be support for hardmix, but if he did not want to be "our horse", we could sponsor a different player of course, so the idea is still a good one!

I still have an extra copy of the Beard's DVD set, "Banks that don't go but do" -- which I can donate for a raffle prize. I can call Mark to see if he would be willing to donate all or part of the entry also...

that would be cool if mark is willing to do so (again).

i think our group sponsoring players for events such as this is a good thing.

ben played like a monster at dcc....and would/should be at the top of the list....i'd be happy to see him go....(think on it hardmix ;))

the other guy who would do us solid is big tres.

:)

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Here it is in a nutshell. I am focused on elevating my game to the next level. To do this I need to raise my expectations, stay in tough action, and to play 1P events where I can get exposure to the high level players. Unfortunately for me, getting exposure to high level players is the difficult part. The few tourneys out there that have strong fields are too expensive to enter. Truth be told, there are not many events period, which is really a shame.

Having said that, I am considering playing the US Open for the experience. I don't have any expectations other than to gain some seasoning. So for these reasons, I do feel like it is something I should do on my own. That said, I am a strong advocate for 1p.org and if I do choose to play, I will be wearing our shirts in a effort to spread the cheer!

Another complication is that Open is one week before the MOT and I want to see all of your ugly mugs in Philly since I missed out in Memphis!

Ben

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I played the us open in 2016.
I lost to alex and brandon shuff, but I did beat a couple of guys so it was a good learning experience. That was my first one pocket tourney of any size big or small

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member
Onepocket.org horse in the US Open Onepocket.

Ben, I think you would be the best representative from this forum. Good luck regardless what you choose to do.

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Here it is in a nutshell. I am focused on elevating my game to the next level. To do this I need to raise my expectations, stay in tough action, and to play 1P events where I can get exposure to the high level players. Unfortunately for me, getting exposure to high level players is the difficult part. The few tourneys out there that have strong fields are too expensive to enter. Truth be told, there are not many events period, which is really a shame.

Having said that, I am considering playing the US Open for the experience. I don't have any expectations other than to gain some seasoning. So for these reasons, I do feel like it is something I should do on my own. That said, I am a strong advocate for 1p.org and if I do choose to play, I will be wearing our shirts in a effort to spread the cheer!

Another complication is that Open is one week before the MOT and I want to see all of your ugly mugs in Philly since I missed out in Memphis!

Ben

Sounds like a good plan Ben. They have quite a few Mid level entries in the Carolinas etc. When i see one within striking distance of you i'll let you know.
If you ever get in my area let me know and i'll set you up in a game with Buddy or Sky if he's around.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Sounds like a good plan Ben. They have quite a few Mid level entries in the Carolinas etc. When i see one within striking distance of you i'll let you know.
If you ever get in my area let me know and i'll set you up in a game with Buddy or Sky if he's around.

That would be great, Tks John.