Ghost vs. Steve 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Steve 1

Steve's shot --- the ball score is 5-5, both going to 8 --- Steve's pocket is at the bottom right --- Steve is a very aggressive player, a good rotation player more than One Pocket.....wwyd?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 05-07-2019, 02:01 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

And another view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
        Attached Files

Comment

bank the 3 in thats an easy shot, play position for the 14, make it and then play to make the one or bank the 13 and out.

Comment

Bank the 1 and hit the 8 - final answer.
            If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Originally posted by vapros View Post
              Bank the 1 and hit the 8 - final answer.
              Exactly. Use low right, pocket speed on the 1, and try to hit the 8 as full as possible to stop the cue ball right there, leaving a follow up bank shot if the 1 goes in.

The 3 bank is an easy shot but you'd have to hit it harder than pocket speed to move the cue ball to a safe spot.

Comment

Bank the 3 pocket speed with top left moving the CB just below 8 for shape on the 1.

Comment

I'd bank the 3 straight-back with draw. If I miss, he's got nothing. If I make it, cut the 12 in, play shape for the 1 or 13.

Some guys couldn't reach the 3 straight-back. If so, slice the 12 to (or in) the hole, bringing the CB up inside the 1 ball.

The 1-ball bank is possible. But if it's hit thin enough to make, then the CB won't be able to contact the 8.

~Doc

Comment

The 3 is a straight in bank and with follow you shoot the 12 then the 0ne. Ghost is broke again.
                    Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      I'd bank the 3 straight-back with draw. If I miss, he's got nothing. If I make it, cut the 12 in, play shape for the 1 or 13.

Some guys couldn't reach the 3 straight-back. If so, slice the 12 to (or in) the hole, bringing the CB up inside the 1 ball.

The 1-ball bank is possible. But if it's hit thin enough to make, then the CB won't be able to contact the 8.

~Doc
                      If you draw enough off the 3 to protect against the 1 ball, and miss, you'll give up a bank on the 12, and the 3 will go back up table. That's one of the other reasons I like banking the 1 and nip drawing the CB into the 8, which seems almost automatic the way I read the pictures. A little inside draw off the 1 would ensure a good hit on the 8. Even if I miss, I'll have the 1 near my hole, the 12 is not a threat, and the 3 is still there on my side for a future bank shot after my opponent has to deal with the 1 ball right away.

Comment

Ghost vs. Steve 1

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                        bank the 3 in thats an easy shot, play position for the 14, make it and then play to make the one or bank the 13 and out.

Beatle nailed it. Anything else would be uncivilized.
                        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                          Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                          Beatle nailed it. Anything else would be uncivilized.
                          i am not surprised....

Comment

if the bed is fast I am banking the three pocket speed and putting the cue ball between the 8 and the 1

Comment

Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                              If you draw enough off the 3 to protect against the 1 ball, and miss, you'll give up a bank on the 12, and the 3 will go back up table. That's one of the other reasons I like banking the 1 and nip drawing the CB into the 8, which seems almost automatic the way I read the pictures. A little inside draw off the 1 would ensure a good hit on the 8. Even if I miss, I'll have the 1 near my hole, the 12 is not a threat, and the 3 is still there on my side for a future bank shot after my opponent has to deal with the 1 ball right away.
                              Why would you consider drawing the CB back that far? There's a good sized area for the CB where the 1 is out of play, and the 12 can't be banked (but it can be cut if the 3 pockets).

Comment

Working...
                              X