Solo Practice vs competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Practice vs competition

What percentage of your time do you feel should be devoted to personal practice vs. completing with others?

I feel I need to practice about 4 to 1 on the side of private practice.
    Your thoughts?

Gettherack

Originally posted by Gettherack View Post
    What percentage of your time do you feel should be devoted to personal practice vs. completing with others?

Your thoughts?

Gettherack
    I like to practice at least an hour before I decide to play someone competitive. If I'm just practicing then it depends on what I'm working on that day and the amount of outside interference I have to deal with. Seems like everyone wants to talk while you practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmoretallpaul View Post
      I like to practice at least an hour before I decide to play someone competitive. If I'm just practicing then it depends on what I'm working on that day and the amount of outside interference I have to deal with. Seems like everyone wants to talk while you practice.

The only time I practice is when I can’t get a game. Which is almost never lol. (They line up to play me ugh). That said- Tall Paul we can play some when you’re here in Philly if you like. I love to test myself against a fellow 1p.org brother. (Unless Bill has me locked up).
      Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
        The only time I practice is when I can’t get a game. Which is almost never lol. (They line up to play me ugh). That said- Tall Paul we can play some when you’re here in Philly if you like. I love to test myself against a fellow 1p.org brother. (Unless Bill has me locked up).
        Sounds like someone throwing out some bait. I got the word on you sir.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bmoretallpaul View Post
          Sounds like someone throwing out some bait. I got the word on you sir.....

😂😂😂. Don’t believe everything you hear!! Lol. Don’t worry. Once you see me shoot you will be know and will beg me to play 😂
          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettherack View Post

Your thoughts?

Gettherack
            Practice is the last resort ! Then I work on whats been giving me trouble for about 4 minutes, Then I just start banging balls.
            Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
            (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
              Practice is the last resort ! Then I work on whats been giving me trouble for about 4 minutes, Then I just start banging balls.

Hahah. Exactly!!!!! 😂😂👍👍

Comment

I never practice, lol, maybe that's my problem?

I get too bored with no one firing back at me.

Comment

If I am not playing a tournament or a match I will carve out time to practice every day. Some sessions are relatively short, 30 min or so and others will last hours. IMO to get the most out of your game you need to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                    If I am not playing a tournament or a match I will carve out time to practice every day. Some sessions are relatively short, 30 min or so and others will last hours. IMO to get the most out of your game you need to practice.
                    It is hard to argue with someone that does so well in both tournaments, and gambling, but i have never had the mental make up to really practice the right way, so my only other way i believe is putting that pressure of losing your dough to make you, focus on what you have to do to get better. I'm always broke so i must be getting better right??
                    Best player in the poolroom. "Hey you want to play some Onepocket?"

Me. "Sure"

Comment

Originally posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
                      It is hard to argue with someone that does so well in both tournaments, and gambling, but i have never had the mental make up to really practice the right way, so my only other way i believe is putting that pressure of losing your dough to make you, focus on what you have to do to get better. I'm always broke so i must be getting better right??
                      Best practice is to play a better player

Comment

Originally posted by 1 HOLE NUT View Post
                        Jason I get beat up all the time gambling as well as being sent home early in tournaments, it happens to everyone. That said, for some players staying in acton is all they need and others require a diet of practice and action. Unfortunately I fall into the later group.

Comment

Originally posted by Ike Runnels View Post
                          Best practice is to play a better player
                          Bet what you can stand to lose.

Comment

Hardmix

Me too...

B
                            Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by wgcp View Post
                              Me too...

B
                              I have that same problem. Guess it’s a part of getting old. Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X