Gambling question

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Rail birds have NO SAY in the game whether they are side betting or not. Same goes for those who stream. No comments, period.
I went to Chicago with the famous JR Hendy. Of course I had money in the game and I took all side bets. This was when the infamous Ghost asked for a second match. The only time I said anything about the game was when got back to our AirBNB. Then we talked strategy. Side bettors have no say in the game.
As far as Mitch, he torched me in MS, IND, CA giving me what should have been a lock for me. I can blame being hurt, getting old, blind, etc, but the MF is playing very sporty. No safety is safe.
MITCH THE BEAST, you playing good.
10-7 the breaks and first shot. I’m betting the proceeds from last years pot winnings. I know betting it up does not bother you.
BTW, your buddy bit on the wrong sucker.

exactamungo…..

-------------

(mitch is a beast -- ran 8-n-out vs miller in memphis from a tough spot -- now i owe him a happy meal.....:rolleyes:;))

beatle

Verified Member
how about if you are money partners or the backer with someone in a match. and he doesnt see a foul and the player doesn't call it on himself. are you supposed to sit there and shut up while your partner takes the worst of it? what if he steals one of your balls. do you still shut up. that is what some are implying.

a side bettor is going to feel he has the same position as a backer or partner.

i dont think it is cut and dried as some do.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
how about if you are money partners or the backer with someone in a match. and he doesnt see a foul and the player doesn't call it on himself. are you supposed to sit there and shut up while your partner takes the worst of it? what if he steals one of your balls. do you still shut up. that is what some are implying.

a side bettor is going to feel he has the same position as a backer or partner.

i dont think it is cut and dried as some do.

I used to play at a Filipino room in San Francisco. I used to bet pretty high and sometimes took all the bets on the side. One night I’m playing the Mulism and I know enough Spanish to understand Tagalog. Now we are betting $1500, a race to three, and he is getting 10-6. The side rail birds started telling him shots. And I told them right there that I considered it cheating and I was going to take the cash and walk out the door. They shut up. It was supposed to be a trap game because he played pretty good with other players. I won $3K that night and the next night it was 10-5. I busted him again and all the side raiders. The next weekend I saw him beating a guy I gave 8-7. Sometimes you outrun the nuts.
If someone, anyone, interferes with my game, I may end up with a broken cue. I never have used one of those new fiber glass cues on someone’s head. I do know heads break wood cues. I don’t play players who cheat so the problems you suggest don’t happen.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Gambling question

exactamungo…..

-------------

(mitch is a beast -- ran 8-n-out vs miller in memphis from a tough spot -- now i owe him a happy meal.....:rolleyes:;))

Et tu, Brute? 😂. This whole thread needs to be deleted lol. Steve , help!!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Gambling question

Rail birds have NO SAY in the game whether they are side betting or not. Same goes for those who stream. No comments, period.

I went to Chicago with the famous JR Hendy. Of course I had money in the game and I took all side bets. This was when the infamous Ghost asked for a second match. The only time I said anything about the game was when got back to our AirBNB. Then we talked strategy. Side bettors have no say in the game.

As far as Mitch, he torched me in MS, IND, CA giving me what should have been a lock for me. I can blame being hurt, getting old, blind, etc, but the MF is playing very sporty. No safety is safe.

MITCH THE BEAST, you playing good.

10-7 the breaks and first shot. I’m betting the proceeds from last years pot winnings. I know betting it up does not bother you.

BTW, your buddy bit on the wrong sucker.

Bill I agree with your opinion regarding the rail.

Thanks for the compliment, but that’s a three tier adjustment. I appreciate the question but that’s way too much lol. Remember you beat me three games in a row last session to take a lead at one point and are tough as nails. Plus we adjusted last session to straight 10-8. I know you’re not a guy who wants to adjust after every session, so I’m going to chalk that off as you are kidding around. Regardless can’t wait to see you and the rest of the fellas!!! Two weeks!!!!!!!

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
What "IF"....the rail refuses to pay off BECAUSE of a slept foul...." I said my player would get _____ before you get _____ YOU NEVER MADE _____CREDITED BALLS". So even if the PLAYER pays off (because he can't count or is an idiot)....the RAIL BET is between the OTHER PLAYER and a SPECTATOR. Well stake holders....what do you do???

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Gambling question

What "IF"....the rail refuses to pay off BECAUSE of a slept foul...." I said my player would get _____ before you get _____ YOU NEVER MADE _____CREDITED BALLS". So even if the PLAYER pays off (because he can't count or is an idiot)....the RAIL BET is between the OTHER PLAYER and a SPECTATOR. Well stake holders....what do you do???

Not a bad question. In this case, the rail had also paid off. It was 15 minutes later on when another guy pointed out the slept ball that he claimed he should have won.

beatle

Verified Member
yes the bet was paid for and accepted by both parties. that closes that bet, unless the side bettor felt he was dumped or cheated. but that is a different beef.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
If asked, side bettors or eyeballers are only looking if their opponent makes a foul, if the horse makes a foul "Sorry I wasn't looking" :D

baby huey

Verified Member
Sticking your two cents in is a form of coaching. It is not allowed. Just because you have a wager on the game doesn't mean you have the right to speak up when you feel like it.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yea I guess after seeing some of the responses, it is a bit of a slippery slope.

For what it's worth, when I have been in pool rooms where the rail birds bet on the side, a lot of them chime in and it's always looked down upon so I totally get it. I rarely bet on the side but I was just imagining if I did and I was betting against the player (not against another rail bird), as beatle put it, I am trying to protect my own interests (money) and not allow the person I am betting against to get over on me. I am not going to coach or tell someone a shot but if a ball is slept or he steals one from my horse's box, i would say something. If I lose, I want to lose fair and square.

That being said, if the 2 players are playing a set for $2,000 and I have $50 bet on the side, I probably wouldn't say anything at all..this is just another reason I prefer to bet on myself only. :)