X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh brother lol
    3 cushion has killed carom

Comment

John u r the Man U truly love the game of 14.1 God bless your talent a Great Day for Pool !!!!!!!!

Comment

John on the news

https://youtu.be/3I6-9v8HdVk

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
          he did run more than anyone ever. but didn't shatter the record.

mosconi did his in a public exhibition and was done on one try.

setting up a scenario and playing hours on end for weeks or more to do the run on your own set up table is something entirely different although a tremendous feat.

similar to trying to hit the longest home run. and setting it up on your home field and hitting for the fence hundreds or more times until you hit it as far and claiming a new record.
          Mosconi did thousands of exhibitions. He only ran 526 at one of them. And it was on an 8’ table. Yes, I know many times Mosconi simply quit his exhibition runs when he was satisfied for the spectators. So he probably *could have* had many other high or higher runs had he tried more often. But he didn’t, so he only left us with that one documented run of 526.

Schmidt did his differently, but there are two reasons that for me his run has as much or more validity than Mosconi’s — one being the obvious that Schmidt’s was on a 9’ table, as opposed to Mosconi’s being on an 8’ table. To my knowledge 8’ tables have NEVER been considered to meet professional standard for straight pool, so that is a pretty serious issue right off the bat. And the other being that it was recorded on video. I know there was a signed affidavit for Mosconi — but who knows if there were any little odd quirks like a miscount in the racks, or a non-called ball dropping instead of the intended ball, or a foul, etc; at least with Schmidt we should all be able to watch it for ourselves and make our own judgment. Frankly I trust my own eyes better than 50 or so fanboy signatures on an affidavit.
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Hanna View Post
            Thank you! And I notice one of the things the announcer said was the video was going to be reviewed by the BCA to see if it should qualify as a new record. Kind of makes one of my points right there...
            "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
            -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

There was just a big thread on azbilliards on how incredibly rare 100 ball runners are.
              John beats the record by that much on tougher equipment, and people can still find a way to play down the accomplishment!

Way to go, John! I'm amazed. I wonder if I'll see that record broken in my lifetime.

Comment

Here is a picture of Mr. 626 doing his thing at the Barber Shop. That is an amazing number. Congratulations John, I will need one of your posters for my game room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0326.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	400675

Comment

For sale cheap. Actually it's a bit sad but life goes on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mossconi.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	400676

Comment

This is really amazing. Apparently broke an unconfirmed record of Eufamia (spelling) running 625 as well. It amazes me all the detractors, I think some pool players are so accustomed to complaining they don't know how to enjoy something great.
                    Erik in Lancaster, PA

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                      Here is a picture of Mr. 626 doing his thing at the Barber Shop. That is an amazing number. Congratulations John, I will need one of your posters for my game room.
                      The Almanza Cave. Beautiful, Frank!

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        This is really amazing. Apparently broke an unconfirmed record of Eufamia (spelling) running 625 as well. It amazes me all the detractors, I think some pool players are so accustomed to complaining they don't know how to enjoy something great.
                        It does seem that way, but it's really only a few grumps among a host of impressed and congratulatory people.
                        "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

John made NY Times

Read it here https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/28/s...nAauinv873ny6Y

Comment

anybody got a link to the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
                              anybody got a link to the video?
                              Although he has been posting attempts on you tube so far for free, I'll bet there might be a pay for view on this one. .

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post

[ATTACH]24526[/ATTACH]
                                How’s your wife doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X