Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. 600

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mr. 600

    Reports are coming in saying John Schmidt just broke Mosconis record with 626. Thats 100 over the record.
    Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 05-27-2019, 07:38 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
    Reports are coming in saying John Schmidt just broke Mosconis record with 626 or 28 or something? Thats 100 over the record.
    100% It's true guys.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	400668

    Comment


    • #3
      If Capelle's report is true, then Schmidt's 626 would be the highest recorded attested run in history. A 626 on a 9' table is several orders of magnitude better than Mosconi's run. It's almost exponentially better. I'm presuming it was on a 9' table. But even if on an 8', it's still far better.

      ~Doc

      Comment


      • #4
        Holy Geezus that is BEAUTIFUL!!! Kudos to John Schmidt!!
        "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
        -- Strawberry Brooks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
          If Capelle's report is true, then Schmidt's 626 would be the highest recorded attested run in history. A 626 on a 9' table is several orders of magnitude better than Mosconi's run. It's almost exponentially better. I'm presuming it was on a 9' table. But even if on an 8', it's still far better.

          ~Doc
          He has been trying on a 9’ table with about 5” pockets as I understand it.
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
            He has been trying on a 9’ table with about 5” pockets as I understand it.
            Yeah, I knew that, but I thought he had changed locales for the current attempts. But I doubt that he would switch to an 8-footer.

            Comment


            • #7
              With proper advertising that should sell another Million Revo shafts

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                With proper advertising that should sell another Million Revo shafts
                And Toam chalk!!! (Not sure I am spelling that right )
                "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                -- Strawberry Brooks

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Congrats john

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What a feat ! 100 balls better. John deserves the record.

                    Doc, I don't know about the pockets size. I think they were smaller than 5".

                    I can not even imagine running 125 and out, much less 626.

                    Some records are not meant to be broken, and this may be one of them.

                    Congratulations, John.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      so sad it happened.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Unbelievable accomplishment - Congrats, John!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey Lou "shut up Meg".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            [ATTACH]24521[/ATTACH].................

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              he did run more than anyone ever. but didn't shatter the record.

                              mosconi did his in a public exhibition and was done on one try.

                              setting up a scenario and playing hours on end for weeks or more to do the run on your own set up table is something entirely different although a tremendous feat.

                              similar to trying to hit the longest home run. and setting it up on your home field and hitting for the fence hundreds or more times until you hit it as far and claiming a new record.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X