Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    How's your defensive game?

Alex's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Alex's pocket is at the bottom left --- Alex is in a little trouble here - he's frozen on the foot rail and he needs to find a shot whereby he won't leave me either a cut shot, a one rail, a two rail, or a three rail bank.....wwyd? >>>
    You do tend to put your opponents in some tough spots! This one is no exception! I don’t like anything here, its easy to lose the game trying for a difficult safety here... I’m just gonna leave the cb there and spot one up... I’ll let you come off the foot rail and then try to win it needing 3 balls instead of 2...
    good to see you putting up some wwyd’s again Sir 👍👏

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff sparks View Post
      You do tend to put your opponents in some tough spots! This one is no exception! I don’t like anything here, its easy to lose the game trying for a difficult safety here... I’m just gonna leave the cb there and spot one up... I’ll let you come off the foot rail and then try to win it needing 3 balls instead of 2...
      good to see you putting up some wwyd’s again Sir 👍👏
      Hey bro - long time no see...hope you're doing well.

- Ghost
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

From the angle presented in the photo, I would strike the cue ball rail first before the side pocket into the right side of the 12-ball which should send both the 12-ball and cue ball to the back rail while leaving a "not for my money" long, off-angled combination on the 5-ball.

Comment

im with frank, however, when at the table I will decide to hit it thicker and send CB to side rail first or thin it...

Comment

Franks shot was my first inclination then I saw the 8 sticks out a little better. I prefer coming off the 8 by aiming to get past the five. Cue ball will travel further towards the corner.
            Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

Originally posted by J.R. View Post
              From the angle presented in the photo, I would strike the cue ball rail first before the side pocket into the right side of the 12-ball which should send both the 12-ball and cue ball to the back rail while leaving a "not for my money" long, off-angled combination on the 5-ball.
              Good eye Johnny - that's the shot that I was thinking I would have probably shot, if it had been my shot in that game.

- Ghosty
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

what happens if you hit the 12 a little full. maybe leave a cut shot on the 5 or if hit too hard the12 comes up enough for a cut shot on that.

if hit great you get an okay safe though.

Comment

Like Screwball said....I prefer clipping the 8, taking whitey up and back to the foot rail area.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                    what happens if you hit the 12 a little full. maybe leave a cut shot on the 5 or if hit too hard the12 comes up enough for a cut shot on that.

if hit great you get an okay safe though.
                    I think you’d be hard pressed to even hit the 12 rail first. The cue ball is frozen to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                      How's your defensive game?

Alex's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Alex's pocket is at the bottom left --- Alex is in a little trouble here - he's frozen on the foot rail and he needs to find a shot whereby he won't leave me either a cut shot, a one rail, a two rail, or a three rail bank.....wwyd? >>>
                      I'm kicking off the near long rail to approx half-ball hit on the 12.

Comment

I like, as already mentioned, the slow roll off the 5 cueball to the 8.
                        Not sure angle is right so just move whitey 2 inches to near pocket point. Spot 1 up and play on.

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
                          Not sure angle is right so just move whitey 2 inches to near pocket point. Spot 1 up and play on.
                          I think anyone who can reliably pull that off from that CB position and that tight an angle should have been in the tournament at Buffalo's.

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
                            This was my first thought and probably the best shot imo but I do not believe it is available.

Comment

Originally posted by LSJohn View Post
                              I think anyone who can reliably pull that off from that CB position and that tight an angle should have been in the tournament at Buffalo's.
                              The guys at Buff's might 3 rail kick to the bottom side of the 12, playing the ticky down the rail to just past the side pocket.
                              I like my 2 options better then anything else mentioned so far. Hence its WIWD

Comment

Ghost vs. Alex 4

I'm 2 railing the 5 to my hole, leaving cueball on the short rail. If I make it bank the stripe to my hole.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X