Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Alex 4

How's your defensive game?

Alex's shot --- the ball score is 6-6, both going to 8 --- Alex's pocket is at the bottom left --- Alex is in a little trouble here - he's frozen on the foot rail and he needs to find a shot whereby he won't leave me either a cut shot, a one rail, a two rail, or a three rail bank.....wwyd? >>>
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

I like shooting straight at the 5 to move the 8 to my side and roll the cb on top of the 12. The only thing I can see! Lol

Comment

What about taking a foul and leaving you up by the corner pocket?

Trying to bank the spotted ball from there would be risky that thin.. the cue ball would be moving and may run into the 5 or 8.
      Cutting it towards your hole i feel like you'd also be in danger of running two or three rails into those balls.
      I feel like i'd definitely like my next shot from there better than the current one.

Comment

This is my option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	maybe this.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	400678

Comment

I would come off the edge of the 5 and bank it softly into the 8. cue ball banks back down half table by my side pocket

EDIT Shoot, you beat me to the shot Frank...lol

Comment

I can't tell if the angle is there, but I'd look at coming off the right side of the 5 ball, to the rail, and rolling the CB up against the 8. If it's there it's a killer shot.

But if the angle is wrong, I like Frank's shot.

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
              This is my option.

[ATTACH]24531[/ATTACH]
              I had the same basic idea, but bringing the cue farther down table. Your way could leave some sort of return combo or carom bank shot. For example, depending on where the 5 stops, it might be possible for the opponent to send the 5 and 8 toward his hole.
              "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

cut the 5 to bank to where it is and two/three rail cue ball to where it is now

Comment

This is my option.

[ATTACH]24531[/ATTACH]
                  me too.....

Comment

This is my option.

[ATTACH]24531[/ATTACH]
                    My shot also.

Comment

The angle may look a little better in the pic than it actually was...that said, the concern with thinning the 5 ball was that in having to execute from frozen on the rail, if the 5 was hit just the littlest bit too full, it would result in a game-losing scratch in the corner.

- Ghost
                      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                        The angle may look a little better in the pic than it actually was...that said, the concern with thinning the 5 ball was that in having to execute from frozen on the rail, if the 5 was hit just the littlest bit too full, it would result in a game-losing scratch in the corner.

- Ghost
                        The key there is thinner the better. Short of crazy scratch in the side (one rail off the top cushion) I'm not coming within 6" of the corner. Hell even a complete miss on the 5 is not the worse thing that can happen...but conner scratch would require a very poor shot.
                        Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

This is my option.

[ATTACH]24531[/ATTACH]

I am with Frank.

Comment

frank is always right on the safeties, rarely does he miss something on them.
                            so his shot or possibly going all the way back to the short rail are both good.

BUT the ghost said it was a scratch in real life if you hit it full at all. so taking that in to account, maybe just hit the five up towards the hole softly but hit the rail and dont make it.

no good shot to help you, so no reason whatsoever to sell out on something you cant do.

Comment

I think I prefer KYbanks' shot, as it is the only one that leaves a ball in play on my side of the table. Could be a big plus.
                              If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Working...
                              X