Hi End Position Shot!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/T2WhvMg4hhtnDqfr7
Click on video to get sound.

In approx. '70, a similar shot came up like this in a 9-ball race to 11 with my shooting partner, except the next ball was able to go into the side. But the only way I could figure out how to get on it was to do this shot. There was more cluster on the far end on the original shot.
I relocated the next ball (3), so it would have relevance for OP.
It has to be hit pretty darn hard w/ high and plenty of outside english. The first rail the cb contacts it has reverse english on it but then that reverts to natural english when going around the next 3 rails. You need a level stroke, if you come down on the cb at all it could jump coming off the rail, and loose angle, speed and spin.
Enjoy! Whitey

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
yea great shot but more likely to sell out and lose the game than win it with that shot.

easy to play safe and hook him.
the combo is easier than the shot and gets you position.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
yea great shot but more likely to sell out and lose the game than win it with that shot.

easy to play safe and hook him.
the combo is easier than the shot and gets you position.
Beatle, thanks for the post! But I just laid balls out to block other holes for the 1 ball to be pocketed in.
But envision all the balls off the table except the 1,7,8 & 3 and your playing 1 pocket, and your pocket is upper right corner! 7 & 8 does not go in your pocket!
wwyd? This is mainly the reason for this positioning shot, to show OP members how I would get on to the 3! thanks, Whitey

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
yes very good dennis. that is the way to get out in one pocket.