The real Philly Tournament Update Thread

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Started this is the wrong forum. Here you go.

Yo...

Fantastic breakfast with a great crew!

Starting on the left...

BmorePaul, Oneholenut, III, Jeanne, Jlong, Mkbtank, ChicagoFats, Fast Eddie.

There has been tons of action between our members and also several of our guys with the locals.

HowardK

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Philly MOT Tournement

Philly MOT Tournement

Looks great. Wishing you all a great tournament. Sorry I couldn't make it this year. Maybe next.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So far I've seen:

Steve, Dustin, Cory, both Nicks, JLong, JohnR, ChiFats, Mitch, Dave, Darrell, Jason, Robert, Jim, Fast Eddie, Paul (in the breakfast pic), NHJohn, Larry, Bill
... missing youngstown, Jtronic, and Ben. (OK, I think I've identified Tronic, whom I haven't seen before; Ah, now I see Ben back there, and is that Youngstown playing Mitch?

I notice: 4 Johns, 2 Nicks... no other duplications. That seems really unusual to me.

BTW, watch out for Robert. He said he wasn't going to come but his wife bought another diamond necklace, so he really needs the cash.

Next time we should cede this. Then:

1 plays 2
3 plays 4
5 plays 6
etc.
That would give me (32) the best chance to play 3 rounds. :D

When Thomassoni walks down the aisle, why does it look like he's stalking?

Say! Somebody is going to have to slow this Beretanos (sp?) down.

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
Tournament Bracket

Tournament Bracket

Not sure how good the Pic is but here is the bracket... 23 playersWIN_20190607_12_19_48_Pro.jpg

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
First round match ups

First round match ups

Steam of Table 1 can be found on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGF3rMF4RtY

Table 1 - Nick Beretanos (Nick B) vs Mark Mariani (Youngstownkid)
Table 3 - Steve Booth (NHSteve) vs Dave Gross (12squared)
Table 5 - Dustin Miller (Miller) vs Dean Ragland (Diamonddean)
Table 7 - John Long (jlcomp45) vs Darrell Randolph (Darmoose)
Table 14 - Ben Smith (Hardmix) vs Edwin Friedman (Fast Eddie)
Table 15 - Nick Principe (jakie) vs Dan Moran (ChicagoFats)
Table 16 - Jim Tomassoni (Jtompilot) vs Paul Squartrito (BmoretallPaul)
Table 22 - Cory Capps (CoryinDC) vs Bill Meyers (Scrzbill)

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
Updates shortly

Updates shortly

I will be posting an updated bracket shortly... But for all the players playing, all rounds on Saturday start at 11am. If you were told 1:30pm, please disregard. I apologize... ALL ROUNDS ON SATURDAY START AT 11AM... LET EVERYONE KNOW. Thanks!

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
Updated Bracket

Updated Bracket

All matches on saturday start at 11am!!!!

Attachments

• WIN_20190607_17_45_09_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190607_17_45_09_Pro.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
Clearer bracket picture

Clearer bracket picture

Clearer version of bracket

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
Try this again

Try this again

Clearer version of the bracket

Attachments

• 20190607_185722.jpg
    20190607_185722.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I have to apologize that I did not take a closer look at the printed bracket earlier, to see that the schedule it showed matched the schedule we voted on as a group several months ago, to insure as much as possible finishing the tournament at a reasonable hour on Sunday. The poll can be found here:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15268
OK, we have to decide this, so travelers can firm up their plans in the event they are not simply coming early anyway. This is a multiple choice poll, so feel free to choose several options if you want -- but you have to make all of your choices before you submit your vote!

1. Start Friday at noon playing all matches 3/3 both sides of the bracket, three complete rounds Friday (16 players will be eliminated Friday night), four rounds Saturday and three rounds to finish relatively early Sunday. All matches entire tournament 3/3 both sides of the bracket.
  2. Start Friday at 4PM playing two rounds 3/3 both sides Friday (8 players will be eliminated Friday night), five rounds 3/2 Saturday, and three rounds 3/3 Sunday.
  3. Start Friday at 4PM playing two rounds winner side only races to 3 (no one will be eliminated Friday), play five rounds Saturday 3/2 and finish with 4 rounds Sunday 3/2.
  4. Start Friday at 4PM playing two rounds winner side only races to 3 (no one will be eliminated Friday), play five rounds as late as necessary Saturday 3/3 and finish with 4 rounds Sunday 3/3 as late as necessary.

Unfortunately the printed bracket reflects the Memphis schedule, which was a 3/2 tournament not s 3/3 tournament. So our printed chart did not show an additional one-loss round to be played last night, and by he time I noticed and figured it out, many players had called it a night. This is not Jeanne’s fault — she is doing a fantastic job! I put it on me for not exercising better oversight when the printed bracket came out yesterday.

The upshot is, we are again likely to have a tight schedule — and for sure a very long day today if you stay alive on the one loss side, in order to get down to the two winners & two one-lose players for Sunday.

And I’m sorry but if necessary I am going to warn players for slow matches and some matches on the one-loss might be shortened. If necessary.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
On the plus side, because of the byes no players were eliminated last night :)

But just because we only had 23 players, does not mean the rest of the tournament necessarily goes any quicker than 32 players, because we are still using a 32 player bracket, and the time-saving benefit generated by the those byes have mostly already played out to the point it amounts to the same as 32 players.

JeanneL

Well-Known-Member
1st rounds starting on Saturday

1st rounds starting on Saturday

Winner side
Table 14 - Dave Gross (12squared) vs Nick Beretanos (Nick B)
Table 15 - Darrell Randolph (Darmoose) vs John Daminato (Johnnytronic)
Table 16 - Mitch Brown (Mkbtank) vs Ben Smith (Hardmix)
Table 22 - John Rawski (J.R.) vs Paul Squatrito (BmoretallPaul)

Loser side
Table 1 - Jim Tomassoni (Jtompiklot) vs Jason Moran (1 HOLE NUT)
Table 2 - Nick Principe (jakie) vs Dean Ragland (Diamonddean)
Table 3 - Edwin Friedman (Fast Eddie) vs Larry Landsman (lll)
Table 4 - John Long (jlcomp45) vs Robert Newkirk (rnewkirk)
Table 5 - Dustin Miller (Miller) vs Dan Moran (ChicagoFats)
Table 6 - Steve Booth (NHSteve) vs John Smith (JohninNH)
Table 7 - Mark Mariani (Youngstownkid) vs Cory Capps (CoryinDC)

Last edited: