Still Alive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Alive

Hi everyone, just letting ya'll know that I am well and still alive. My 1P game has got so bad I have a rough time even typing the word. I have the shakes and that make for a real bad game. I do enjoy reading all the post, so I am keeping up with yo guys. Thank God Tyler Bob takes pity on me and lets me play with him for a couple of hours a week. But to tell the truth its not much fun anymore when you know you are going to be missing a lot of easy shots because of the shakes. God bless all of you. ---Smitty

Glad to hear that you're hanging in there, Smitty! I can identify with your frustration of being physically limited when trying to play pool. It's maddening, but yet we still have the urge to play..

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
      Glad to hear that you're hanging in there, Smitty! I can identify with your frustration of being physically limited when trying to play pool. It's maddening, but yet we still have the urge to play..

~Doc
      Thanks, Doc.---Smitty

Comment

Originally posted by One pocket Smitty View Post
        Hi everyone, just letting ya'll know that I am well and still alive. My 1P game has got so bad I have a rough time even typing the word. I have the shakes and that make for a real bad game. I do enjoy reading all the post, so I am keeping up with yo guys. Thank God Tyler Bob takes pity on me and lets me play with him for a couple of hours a week. But to tell the truth its not much fun anymore when you know you are going to be missing a lot of easy shots because of the shakes. God bless all of you. ---Smitty
        Good to hear from you Smitty. I always enjoyed running into you at Bogies.
        JOHN HENDERSON
        Al Romero Cue
        Magic Chalk

Comment

Hi smitty
          At least you can get out and have fun with no expectations ..

Comment

Smitty
            Look at the positive
            You don’t expect to make a ball
            so when you do
            Be happy ......

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
              Good to hear from you Smitty. I always enjoyed running into you at Bogies.
              Same here, John.---Smitty

Comment

One of my older bosses would often say to me, "Getting old ain't for sissies!" Being five months short of 70, I now know what he meant.

Billy, here's some whimsical advice. Get out there in the Florida sun and drink a glass of OJ. Oh yeah, don't forget the vodka. And if the shakes get really bad after drinking it, go dancing. You'll be the most natural and best dancer on the floor. Truly, take care.

Comment

Is this Harold Smith that plays in the Sr events??

No matter we always want the best of health first and foremost, and the most One Pocket satisfaction you can get for all of our members — whether that is playing, watching, studying or side-betting
                  "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
                  -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Still Alive

I always enjoy seeing your posts Smitty. Even if your game is not where it was, I’m happy that you are still in the game, if you get me. I have a friend who is quite a bit older than I am and whenever I ask “How are you” he replies... “I woke up on the right side of the grass, so it’s a good day”. Thanks for the post you are one of the reasons I came to like this site.
                    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by One pocket Smitty View Post
                      If we manage to get the Senior at Bogies, you'd better be there or I'm gonna tell what you were doin' to get the shakes.

Tell Tyler Bob and June I said Hi!

Comment

Harold, I know what you are doing. You're setting everyone up for a spot
                        when they see you.

Seriously, though, next time you are in Ft Worth, stop by Rusty's. Give me a call, I will hit some balls with you.

Say hi to Bob for me. Robert Newkirk

Comment

Good for you. When I don't play, and I get in a tough spot, I also get the shakes.
                          Bill Meacham
                          WBT
                          www.worldbilliardtour.com
                          no link....

Comment

Originally posted by NH Steve View Post
                            Is this Harold Smith that plays in the Sr events??

No matter we always want the best of health first and foremost, and the most One Pocket satisfaction you can get for all of our members — whether that is playing, watching, studying or side-betting
                            That would be me , Steve.see where you have been sick, hope everything is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                              I always enjoy seeing your posts Smitty. Even if your game is not where it was, I’m happy that you are still in the game, if you get me. I have a friend who is quite a bit older than I am and whenever I ask “How are you” he replies... “I woke up on the right side of the grass, so it’s a good day”. Thanks for the post you are one of the reasons I came to like this site.
                              Thank you! I know I always gave the shoot at a flyer view of a shot. I tell Tyler Bob that it would be crazy to shoot this shot and he says it has never stopped me before why start now.LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X