Ghost vs. Steve 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
    I would study this if there is enough space between those two balls to do this.

[ATTACH]24774[/ATTACH]
    That’s is the best shot if it comes off as diagrammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
      I would study this if there is enough space between those two balls to do this.

[ATTACH]24774[/ATTACH]
      Man... I like some parts of this shot, but that 1 ball is just too free with the cue ball down there by the first diamond.
      Unless you can get that 10 all the way to the lower quadrant, you are giving up a free bank on the 1 ball.
      I have been playing a bit with Piggy, Ike, Darryl and they will all shoot that one ball and shoot it in a manner that makes the shot free meaning moving whitey down below. If not, they are double banking the 11 ball you pushed over there at speed for a free shot.
      I think I need to start playing some guys that don't bank well to have fun again

Comment

I can’t bank worth a damn...I’ll be your huckleberry...

B
        Execution of the shot, some days I have it some days I don't...

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
          I am not taking a foul with the score and layout.

I really only see two viable options, both include taking away the 10 11 combo for my opponent.

1) cut the 11 and run two rails back up the table to where the cueball is now. I might put a hair of left hand english on this, but not much because I am pinned to the rail

OR

2) cut the 11 and run three rails up the table to where it is now. You have to hit this harder than option 1 and there is risk of colliding with 11 on way back up.

This is a pretty standard 3c type of shot.

My preference is option 1 assuming I can hit this without moving the 10 ball.
          I want to leave my opponent doubled up on the 10 3 and the 11 is also going to block some lanes.
          This isnt a 3c table I am afraid either shot takes a good bit of speed?

Comment

I would go fairly simple here and play the 11 10 combo where ever it goes to roll and freeze on the 8

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
              I would go fairly simple here and play the 11 10 combo where ever it goes to roll and freeze on the 8
              like this though after consideration the 11 ball looks dangerouse
              Attached Files

Comment

Man... I like some parts of this shot, but that 1 ball is just too free with the cue ball down there by the first diamond.
                Unless you can get that 10 all the way to the lower quadrant, you are giving up a free bank on the 1 ball.
                I have been playing a bit with Piggy, Ike, Darryl and they will all shoot that one ball and shoot it in a manner that makes the shot free meaning moving whitey down below. If not, they are double banking the 11 ball you pushed over there at speed for a free shot.
                I think I need to start playing some guys that don't bank well to have fun again
                I seriously doubt that an experienced one pocket player would bank at the one ball if left like in my diagram. Banking the one to their pocket and also taking the cue ball to that area could very well cost him the game for the want of one ball. It's not as free of a shot as one might think.

Comment

This is the shot. Pretty simple to execute if you hit the 13 thin enough. Everything else mentioned is too risky, too hard to control, without enough potential reward to justify the gamble.

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                  Simply thin the 13 and bring whitey right back down to the center of the foot rail. Now the opponent can't bank the 3 because the 13 is on the spot. Nothing offensive for him.

I'm inclined to want to combo bank the 11-10, just to get it into my quadrant, but from the rail, it's too tough to control the CB.

~Doc

Comment

Ghost vs. Steve 5

I would roll up on the 11, hopefully giving it a nudge to remove the combo threat.

Sent from my SM-T378V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                      This is the shot. Pretty simple to execute if you hit the 13 thin enough. Everything else mentioned is too risky, too hard to control, without enough potential reward to justify the gamble.
                      Shoot that a few times it isnt so easy.

If succesful incoming player just banks the 1 and then what?
                      Last edited by unoperro; 07-19-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I haven’t read all the responses but I have a pilots license so I shooting a flyer. Bank the 1 to my hole.

Comment

You have to remove the combo and you can't leave a bank on the three. That means you have to leave the cue ball up table. Shooting the combo where they both go to your side, but not hard enough to lose whitey. You should be able to leave whitey near the top left pocket. You'll have the eleven and ten on your side, along with the one. You've rearranged the furniture, eliminated a wired combo, and now you can play from there.

Comment

I like this shot.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                              I haven’t read all the responses but I have a pilots license so I shooting a flyer. Bank the 1 to my hole.
                              If you bank the 1, your new job will be driving a Greyhound bus cuz I will revoke your pilots license...
                              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                                If you bank the 1, your new job will be driving a Greyhound bus cuz I will revoke your pilots license...
                                You do know I shot for the wrong hole

I don’t want to lose my action
                                Last edited by jtompilot; 07-19-2019, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X