No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Steve 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe this is my shot, I am 1 rail kicking from my side rail towards the 11 ball. The tricky part is getting the speed right and hitting the 11 full to his long rail and stopping the cb behind the 10 ball. I believe Ghost 👻 may shoot this shot! Lol

Comment

another shot, maybe not a hill hill shot, is to bank the 1 ball 3 rails to your hole with follow on the CB (since thats all you can do anyways), and the CB rolls down and makes the 11, CB stays around the pocket.

Now, you have the 1 ball in play at your pocket, the 11 ball is down on the spot, AND since the CB is near the top left pocket, if ghost shoots the combo, he now has to make it or loses, he cant play the CB safe and try to shoot it from that angle, its all or nothing and with an inch between those balls, it can be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
        another shot, maybe not a hill hill shot, is to bank the 1 ball 3 rails to your hole with follow on the CB (since thats all you can do anyways), and the CB rolls down and makes the 11, CB stays around the pocket.

Now, you have the 1 ball in play at your pocket, the 11 ball is down on the spot, AND since the CB is near the top left pocket, if ghost shoots the combo, he now has to make it or loses, he cant play the CB safe and try to shoot it from that angle, its all or nothing and with an inch between those balls, it can be missed.
        The ghost never misses the ''free'' no rattle shots.
        Bill Meacham
        WBT
        www.worldbilliardtour.com
        no link....

Comment

Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
          You have to remove the combo and you can't leave a bank on the three. That means you have to leave the cue ball up table. Shooting the combo where they both go to your side, but not hard enough to lose whitey. You should be able to leave whitey near the top left pocket. You'll have the eleven and ten on your side, along with the one. You've rearranged the furniture, eliminated a wired combo, and now you can play from there.
          I like this too -- maybe anyway It looks like a slight cut to the left side of 11 with the follow that is all you have anyway -- but maybe not following that far down -- just enough to make the bank of the 3 not so appealing
          "One Pocket, it's an epidemic and there ain't no cure."
          -- Strawberry Brooks

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
            I believe this is my shot, I am 1 rail kicking from my side rail towards the 11 ball. The tricky part is getting the speed right and hitting the 11 full to his long rail and stopping the cb behind the 10 ball. I believe Ghost 👻 may shoot this shot! Lol
            How ya doin' Kyb...

Matter of fact, since I do like to kick, I did look at/consider that shot...but I rejected it cuz the likelihood of a successful execution and outcome looked a wee bit too low percentage for my liking...

- Ghost
            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Well, it was a tough situation where none of the options were very appealing...

...so Steve chose to at least eliminate my combo as some guys here also wanted to do...but being dead froze on the rail, Steve didn't think he could do much with his cueball and didn't want to lose control of it, so he jacked up and hit the combo dead ahead with medium speed, stopping his cueball right there at contact....he knew he would leave me the bank on the 5, but he was counting on the 10 and 11 ending up on his side of the table so that I wouldn't have a free bank on the 5 - and maybe I couldn't shoot it.....it almost worked out that way for him, but not quite, cuz he hit it a little too hard and the 10 and 11 came back to the middle of the table - it ended up like this ----->
              Attached Files
              Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 07-21-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I see he left you a good bank at the 5.

I wouldn't say its free?

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
                  I see he left you a good bank at the 5.

I wouldn't say its free?
                  Tho it looks free.....
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

Shooting it with high inside english it was pretty much free - and in case I don't make it, I have an angle to possibly hide the cueball behind the 10 and 11 as well.

- Ghost

P.S. I did of course bank the 5, but I missed it by a coupla inches.

Comment

he got lucky there wasnt some space between those two balls or you could have gotten 4.

if you are going to leave someone in the middle of the table bring a shovel to bury yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X