Member patronage

unoperro

Verified Member
With this group I am not even a B player but I will shoot at my pocket:D

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
If I could play in a $100 tournament where I was the worst player, I’d play in that tournament once a month. Maybe more.

Jim

I'm with Jim.

I'm dead money and I know it. But I'm not going to become more likely to win tournaments by avoiding them. For now I'm paying for the fun and experience.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am not sure where I would come in at as far as skill level among our group, especially since I rarely get to play. I have played a lot of members and I feel I am somewhere in the middle. I can beat some and there are plenty who can give me 9/7, 10/7 and more.

That being said, I would also play in any tournament if I was the worst player because I have nothing to lose (other than my entry), and can gain a lot of experience, knowledge, kinship, etc...

And although I think beatle is right (best players usually win), in a race to 3 and/or 2, they don't always have to!

Not saying this is a bad idea, I support anything I can that would help the popularity of the game grow!
I agree -- for me, getting into our tournaments is more for the camaraderie than a legitimate chance of winning anything, but that is.....PRICELESS :D:D

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I have no chance in the members tournaments. However I learn a new approach to the game in every one...I don’t go to these for the competition I go for fun with the guys...
I also will play against anybody on here for 20 a game, albeit everyone here know I am an improving “d” player.

B

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I have no chance in the members tournaments. However I learn a new approach to the game in every one...I don’t go to these for the competition I go for fun with the guys...
I also will play against anybody on here for 20 a game, albeit everyone here know I am an improving “d” player.

B

Apparently as we all seem to be "D" players we are going to need a "D"s only tournament..:heh

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
With this group I am not even a B player but I will shoot at my pocket:D

I don't know what others meant, but I was meaning "B player" in the sense of dead money, not A,B,C,D,E

I don't think you're dead money. I think you're a couple of balls better than the people I mentioned. Nothin' personal, just trying to clarify what I had in mind.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

B

Wow, Bille, are you already all the way up to D?

Congratulations. I never thought you'd get there. :D

I'm a certified W. I'll take 11-6. :lol

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I agree -- for me, getting into our tournaments is more for the camaraderie than a legitimate chance of winning anything, but that is.....PRICELESS :D:D

To meet and play fellow members then a format of RR fits the above statement by our founder. Whitey

I think that as long as we follow a format that necessarily eliminates half the field after a day or a day and a half, leaving them with another day and a half or even two days to just hang out we will continue to see complaints and discussions like this.

Enjoying comradery and competing in the tournament are not mutually exclusive ambitions.

The obvious answer is to go to a format that gives everyone more play. A RR does that, and if left to fate as to the make up of groups, as well as some planning to spread the wealth around a bit, more people can have an opportunity to actually win something.

All we need to do is decide how many games is ideal, and how much we want spread the $ around.

If there are those who are not particularly interested in playing that number of games, and would rather go to dinner, they are free to do so.

I hope we can seriously consider a RR at some point.
:)

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I personally prefer a second chance tournament at the members but if a b tournament brings more people into the game it could be a good idea

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I personally prefer a second chance tournament at the members but if a b tournament brings more people into the game it could be a good idea

I was in a second chance tennis tournament before and it worked out great. Good suggestion

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Member tournaments are not filled with Pros. We have some pretty good players but overall, the tournaments are stacked with average players. When I say average, I mean average one pocket players who know the game and play accordingly. The only tournament where I really feel outclassed is the Seniors tournament in Houston. It is filled with former road hustlers who play exceptionally well. If I ever get back a little of my game, I may go to another members tournament.:heh