T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
Tony showed a lot of character yesterday. He did a lot of great things, and he certainly was more patient this time around. That sell-out bank in the last game was unwarranted. He would have won the game had he made it, but he never bothered to look at what he would leave Dennis in case he didn't. Those types of banks are very tough on this particular Diamond table. He should have continued to squeeze and protect his position. When Tony squeezed, Dennis got frustrated. That's the style he should play whenever he can.

This game is super close when Tony exercises a bit of restraint.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Tony showed a lot of character yesterday. He did a lot of great things, ...

You bet.

When Tony squeezed, Dennis got frustrated.

Maybe, but I saw it differently. I didn't see Dennis frustrated, I saw him failing to execute on shots that were good choices. Two exceptions I'll grant to that were two failed attempts to pocket balls out of the stack, when in retrospect at least, something else would have been better.

True, but a small difference over 80 games can end up looking pretty big.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Tony showed a lot of character yesterday. He did a lot of great things, and he certainly was more patient this time around. That sell-out bank in the last game was unwarranted. He would have won the game had he made it, but he never bothered to look at what he would leave Dennis in case he didn't. Those types of banks are very tough on this particular Diamond table. He should have continued to squeeze and protect his position. When Tony squeezed, Dennis got frustrated. That's the style he should play whenever he can.

I agree. If Tony has any advantage it is his knowledge and moving skills. When he shows patience keeps Dennis a bit off balance good things tend to happen for him. Dennis can get a little frustrated, and having to get out of traps and difficult spots can wear on him.

I think you are right about that last bank shot, Tony should not risk the game on one shot like that. I hope he comes today with some patience.

:D

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Final Day's Coverage Today 4PM Central

Day #4 LIVE from Buffalo's Billiards in New Orleans resumes today Sunday at 4pm central.

Tune in and see if T-Rex can fight his way back from the 30-25 deficit.

To Purchase Your Sunday Pass
Click The Button Below
⬇⬇⬇

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I wonder what the score would been with even a 60 second shot clock. Dennis routinely takes 2-3 minutes or more to think about his shot, whereas Tony takes about 30 seconds. The shot clock would really only effect Dennis. Dennis takes too damn long to shoot, IMO. I hate playing people who take that long -- the only thing worse is that he shoots so damn well too lol.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match

It’s the smart thing to do and intentional. Tony’s team should have worked something out about that. In gambling everything is negotiable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk