Freezer vs Shredder II - Friday at 2pm MST

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
a few of the games I saw it seemed like Danny was set to steal them than not only missed the ball but sold out banks with it. Those kinds of wins/losses completely decide the momentum in matches like this.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Hard to say what his end was, but i'm guessing there was also a lot more money bet on the side kept private by Scotts backers.

chicagomike

Verified Member
What is Scott's status now at Freezer's? I saw Lenny's note that he is running the place.

I thought I saw Scott post on his FB page that he was back in the mix at Freezers and promoting the place...good news!

beatle

Verified Member
anyone that backs someone unless it is a lock that doesnt have make up involved is what as known as a fool or doesnt understand gambling.

you never ever back someone for one event.

keoneyo

Verified Member
MAKEUP in gambling circles is a tough thing to overcome. Most gamblers I know find it a tough trap to get out of. I'm sure there is always a guaranteed "walk away money". That is a % youre guaranteed no matter how much you're in debt. It gets lower if you owe more. That's why gamblers like John Hennigan and Nick Schulman are tough because they always bet on their own dime. Filipino's on the road are said to do a win/win (you win I win, I win you win) kind of cut.

If say the house is betting partially on Scott it stands to make good. If the game goes on for 3 or more days the money spent in the joint is profit. As net income ratio on drinks and food are pretty good. The publicity is profit too. More people come in, more people spend time on the tables. The only way they lose is if their guy loses in a short session but still youre getting value on name recognition.

Guys like Danny Smith right now should be figuring on how to make a sustainable life when his gambling game is on the down swing. Scott seems to be doing just that with FREEZER'S.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
thanks Nick, replays are the best for you can stop it and figure out wywd. In this match I have to praise Scot for he continually was freezing up his opponent upon balls no matter where the balls were at on the table. He also keep putting his opponent on the foot rail. A winning combination when combined with patience.
Both these players should only play on their home turf. Whitey

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
thanks Nick, replays are the best for you can stop it and figure out wywd. In this match I have to praise Scot for he continually was freezing up his opponent upon balls no matter where the balls were at on the table. He also keep putting his opponent on the foot rail. A winning combination when combined with patience.
Both these players should only play on their home turf. Whitey

All true but in the end with the exception of the first two games he lost he never missed a key ball or must have shot. His ball making and shape play were the best I had seen from him in a long time. It was if he had a Dennis O blood transfusion.