Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon fiber shafts

Originally posted by beatle View Post
    i dont think rubbing it on your skin for hours at a time might be good.

Yer supposed to play pool with it bruh 🤣

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
    It's those super soft spin shots that I'm having trouble with...

Yes. Agreed. Everything else I like though, except the sound, and price. And look. But soft shots definitely get more spin and feel different.

What I like most is using inside English and not worrying about aiming adjustments!
    Last edited by youngstownkid; 10-25-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

santa sent me something a few weeks early - apparently he's convinced i need to try out the 12.4

(calipers - it's actually about 12.35 - still feels huge after playing with the z3 last couple/three years)

gonna hit some balls with it tomorrow....

Click image for larger version

Name:	predator shaft.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	401635

Comment

I love mine and i still have the same Predator tip on it after a year. Only Predator shaft i've ever liked...

Comment

just hit a rack of balls downstairs....i don't know....need to put some time in with it and give it a real chance....

it is indeed accurate center ball and about a tip outside of center ball - almost automatic (even for me...lol)

seems to get exponential more spin low hit

it's ugly, looks weird on my cue

even with the soft stock predator tip, seems to hit "hard"

putting a little throw on a long bank is a completely different animal

i'll give it a few hours this week - if i don't like it, will most likely become a dedicated bridge cue (it is stiff...)

Comment

I have a brand new Jacoby carbon fiber shaft, 12.3 mm + radial joint. If anyone's interested, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
              just hit a rack of balls downstairs....i don't know....need to put some time in with it and give it a real chance....

it is indeed accurate center ball and about a tip outside of center ball - almost automatic (even for me...lol)

seems to get exponential more spin low hit

it's ugly, looks weird on my cue

even with the soft stock predator tip, seems to hit "hard"

putting a little throw on a long bank is a completely different animal

i'll give it a few hours this week - if i don't like it, will most likely become a dedicated bridge cue (it is stiff...)

I had a kamui clear pad put on mine. It softens the hit

Comment

Carbon fiber shafts

After making a handful of these I’ll finally be able to start having a logo on them 😄

Comment

I seem to miscue with the tip on it from predator.
                  I am due for a tip, so I gave my shaft to Tim Prince to put on a Kamui SS black(not clear).
                  I will see if I get rid of the miscues. If I like it, I have another identical shaft that I will also change the tip on.

Comment

Carbon fiber shafts

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post

I am due for a tip, so I gave my shaft to Tim Prince to put on a Kamui SS black(not clear).

I will see if I get rid of the miscues. If I like it, I have another identical shaft that I will also change the tip on.

I like Kamui most, but haven’t tried many of the other premium tips...

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that's what I have on mine too..it's not bad but I seem to miscue more than I should. It could be my form/execution but my ego wants it to be the tip.

Comment

I tried just about all the CF shafts, I liked the revo best but certain throw English just doesn't jive with it, it was eye opening though and I was always a anti LD shaft guy. Then a few Kielwood shafts appeared in my locale poolhall and once I hit it I was immediately sold. Do yourself a favor and order a kielwood shaft with a techno dud tip, its LD with all the perks of a normal shaft.
                        Last edited by TxOnePocket; 11-25-2019, 07:15 PM.

Comment

I've been playing with a 1st gen Predator shaft on a Schon butt for the last 13 years or so. I like the Kamui soft tip. I know this shaft will not last forever, so I was looking for a replacement.
                          In August at the APA Masters, Vegas, I had the chance to try a few carbon fiber shafts. The first one was the McDermott, not sure they were finished working on it? It felt like it had warts, rough spots, all over. It definitely deflected more than my 1st gen Predator. I hit some balls but knew early on I wouldn't buy this cue.
                          The 2nd stop was Cue-Tech. I hit a bunch of balls and really put it through the paces. I set up a shot to use inside English and make the cue ball go 3 rails afterward. I must have overcut this shot a dozen times until I finally zeroed it in. This tells me it was deflecting more than my 1st gen also. I really didn't care for the hit od this Cue-Tech either...hard to explain.
                          I wanted to test hit a Mezz but they did not have a booth set up.
                          My 3rd test was at the Predator booth. Let me preface this by saying I've had some bad dealings with Predator in the past and really didn't want to give them any business in the future. That being said....I hit a few balls with the 12.9 and instantly disliked it. It has a conical taper I just couldn't get past. It was like a baseball bat. After that, I tried the 12.4. I hit many balls and ran a few racks of 9 ball. I started doing some drill shots using inside English. I set up the same 3 railer as I did with the Cue-Tech and nailed it on the first try. I did it about 10 times in a row, it seems to have almost the same deflection as my first gen Predator.
                          Anyhoo, I ended up buying one of the roadline Predators with the 12.4 shaft. So far I haven't changed the factory tip, it's a medium....can't remember the brand. I'm somewhat pleased with the hit and deflection but in the back of my mind, I may still change the tip to a Kamui soft.
                          One thing I will say about carbon fiber shafts is the complete smoothness while stroking. It's like glass between your fingers, no bumps, dings or even chalk residue to stick to your hand. I can see why many players are switching.
                          I did stop by and hit some with the Becue also. It hit well but I couldn't get past the fact that they are made in Italy. If I needed some warranty repairs, I didn't want to be without a cue for a few months. There are just not enough Becue Dealers around my area in Arizona.
                          Ok, that's just my .02....take it for what it's worth.
                          Chris P.

Comment

Most likely a Predator Victory med. That is the factory tip.

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                              Most likely a Predator Victory med. That is the factory tip.
                              I thought mine came with a victory soft. I hated it and it fell apart anyways

Comment

Originally posted by youngstownkid View Post
                                After making a handful of these I’ll finally be able to start having a logo on them 😄

Send me one of those bad boys for me to demo around the country. Radial pin please

Comment

Working...
                                X