Houston Seniors October 2019

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
That was a crazy ending.

I never heard Herchick tell Nick he was on two.

And that last shot i think Nick got a rail, maybe he called a double hit on Nick very strange.

He told him he was on 2. I think the ball that was heading right hit another ball close to the rail that stopped it from getting there but it was very close regardless.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Miss you guys and the great competition at Bogies. Sweating as many matches a possible on poolactiontv.com Here is a pic from the first one with The Sniper, James Christopher.

Attachments

• EB57C8B0-E32D-4A36-A46A-EFE16D70F3ED.jpg
    EB57C8B0-E32D-4A36-A46A-EFE16D70F3ED.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
He told him he was on 2. I think the ball that was heading right hit another ball close to the rail that stopped it from getting there but it was very close regardless.

Actually, Bob did tell Nick he was on 2 fouls. Nick was trying to jack up and drive a ball to the rail and leave Bob in stack.

Two balls creeped towards the rails, but both stopped 1/2 and 3/4 inch from rail.

Nick said that was the first time in his life he lost a game of one pocket on the 3-foul rule.

What a great tournament and tough competition.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Actually, Bob did tell Nick he was on 2 fouls. Nick was trying to jack up and drive a ball to the rail and leave Bob in stack.

Two balls creeped towards the rails, but both stopped 1/2 and 3/4 inch from rail.

Nick said that was the first time in his life he lost a game of one pocket on the 3-foul rule.

What a great tournament and tough competition.

Nice tournament, Robert. I know you feel you could have done a little better but finishing 5/6th in this field is amazing.

Same to you Tom Wirth! :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Nicky

Nicky

James Davis Sr. congrats, noticed your play at Bogies last time.
Nice little score, and I'm sure....many good laughs to be had.

A question about Varner (we battled thru college).

Since he's not been out in awhile (his great attitude), how did he feel about this event with the old guyz?

He's always travelled with his wife, did she come to this event? Hummmm. I've never NOT seen her supporting him in match play.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
James Davis Sr. congrats, noticed your play at Bogies last time.
Nice little score, and I'm sure....many good laughs to be had.

A question about Varner (we battled thru college).

Since he's not been out in awhile (his great attitude), how did he feel about this event with the old guyz?

He's always travelled with his wife, did she come to this event? Hummmm. I've never NOT seen her supporting him in match play.
I chatted with Nick late last night and he seemed very pleased with his trip and was saying he definitely was coming again next year. His wife was not with him this time so he had to make do with his buddy Phil Windham as his corner support lol. Maybe he’ll bring his wife next year :D

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I chatted with Nick late last night and he seemed very pleased with his trip and was saying he definitely was coming again next year. His wife was not with him this time so he had to make do with his buddy Phil Windham as his corner support lol. Maybe he’ll bring his wife next year :D

Thx....hopefully he'll get involved with the wwyd's.

youngstown

Verified Member
Houston Seniors October 2019

I met Phil in Chattanooga and enjoyed a few of his stories. Nick was there too, but I never got a chance to meet him.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If Nick comes, I'm laying 2/1 she does also.

I'm bettin' she misses the old days, the social banter and room atmosphere.

She's coming, don't think Nick has to talk er into it.
Remember, they never did have kids.

She also used to play pretty well, she knows the game.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

There are always several wives at Houston — and our member tourneys — she would be in good company!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
That's John Palmore (3rd), James Davis Sr (1st), Bogie's owner Cody Parish, Ike Runnels (2nd), and PoolActionTV's Ray Hansen left to right.

Attachments

• C5A4B689-62A5-446B-8CA5-5CBA58C4A4FB.jpg
    C5A4B689-62A5-446B-8CA5-5CBA58C4A4FB.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Ha! Ike always looks about half miserable..:D I'm surprised he used a breathing filter apparatus. Didn't Bogies suspend smoking during the tournament?

~Doc

Kybanks

Verified Member

She played pretty sporty, things have changed and she stays home with their son. She doesn't even care about playing pool or even watching it.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga

How many cigars did Phil chew through? He seems to be a good apple.