Ghost vs. Pat 35 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catkins View Post
    I like two rail banking the 1 ball and sliding the cue ball three rails to about 1 diamond above the side pocket. probably try to bank the one to hit the balls by my pocket to both open them and perhaps make it
    Now that I see it, if you want to be aggressive, this would be my choice. This is a makeable shot with good results if hit well and with good speed.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

Comment

Pat is in great shape here, so the key is to maintain his advantage. I like Henderson's first shot of coming off the 13, two rails outta the upper corner, CB back to the stack. That's strictly a speed shot, and it's easy to under roll it.

I'd be looking at the bank-kick with the 4 ball, as others have mentioned. The key here IMO is to bank into the 6 ball full. If the 4 banks too high, the 6 will kick out, and put a ball into play for the opponent.

Resist the urge to play a Tony Chohan shot here (unless you're a top player). You're in good position.

~Doc

Comment

I would kick off the side rail with 9oclock english med. hard is the speed I would kick with. To me the kick looks like a very good option.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
          I would kick off the side rail with 9oclock english med. hard is the speed I would kick with. To me the kick looks like a very good option.

Dr. Bill
          My second choice would be to bank the 1ball three cushions using low right (5 oclock)

Dr. Bill

Comment

Ghost vs. Pat 35 wwyd?

Originally posted by Jakie View Post
            The 2rail safe off of the 5 is definitely a good option. It would be my 2nd choice. The shot that I like is banking the 4 into the 6/10 and following it with the cueball into the stack. I see very little downside with this based on how the balls in the cluster are situated. you will move more balls to your side and probably break up the line of balls on your long rail. You have to protect your pocket in this situation as a good player will move balls away from your hole if he gets a look. Uptable safes will hurt you here. Both of these shots protect your hole . Shoot the one that you are most comfortable with that you can execute. A good shot here makes you a big favorite to win this game

This is my shot also Nick. The only issue I have had once or twice (it lost me the set vs sniper in Nola) is that when the cue cane off the rail into the stack... the stack had been spread out by the originally hit OB and the cue leaked through, leaving him behind a plethora of balls facing his hole. It was awful lol. So, for that reason, I am conscious of not over cooking the porridge here . I also like the three railer but nit enough to choose it over the 4
            Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

i got 6 balls open he has none. that can change quickly. i am shooting the 2,4 combo and then the 5,13 combo if i make it and have a good chance of running a few more balls. if i dont i got a hanger for him to deal with.

i dont mind the 3 railer as it is an easy shot and can do the extra ball thing after making it.

i have 2 viable shots and not going to turn the table over to him after a safe.

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post

Dr. Bill
                That's a good shot because it's simple. It's one good way to open the stack toward the shooter's hole. The other method is to shoot the bank/kick with the 4 ball.

IMO there are two considerations for selecting one over the other. There is much greater CB control potential with the bank/kick. The shooter should be able to control just where he wants the CB to land (and Mitch made a good point about juicing up the speed to where the CB ends up kicking into the middle of the stack, allowing for return shots for the opponent). Even just leaving the CB on the far side of the stack isn't the worst shot in the world.

With the pure CB kick into the stack, the shooter can't be sure where the CB will end up. Balls will be pushed to his side, but so often something trickles out to leave a return shot. The detraction of the bank/kick shot is that there are two balls to worry about in executing the shot, and the shooter will probably not be as accurate with the 4 ball bank as he would be the pure CB kick. Of the two, I'd choose the bank/kick.

That said, I'm leaning toward Hendy's type shot of thinning off the 13, two rails out of the corner to have the CB rest on far side of the stack. I shot with the right speed it could be a game winner.

~Doc

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                  i got 6 balls open he has none. that can change quickly. i am shooting the 2,4 combo and then the 5,13 combo if i make it and have a good chance of running a few more balls. if i dont i got a hanger for him to deal with.

i dont mind the 3 railer as it is an easy shot and can do the extra ball thing after making it.

i have 2 viable shots and not going to turn the table over to him after a safe.
                  Very good assessment of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                    bank the one down between my pocket and the stack and put the cueball on the end rail straight up from my 3 ball combination.
                    The more I look at this shot the more I like it but with a small change. I would want the 1 to clip the edge of the 2. This would prevent a simple return because moving the 2 opens up a bank lane for the 2 or 4.

For the players that want to two rail that 1, if your opponent can see the 13 after your bank you’ll be in big trouble. That 13 is in a perfect position for your opponent. Three railing the 1 could work out well.

Comment

A refresh your memory pic
                      Attached Files

Comment

thanks for the refresh. it is a real pain to have to go back to the first page or open another tab to see the table. i assume some open another tab?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                          Nothing goes in my pocket, that needs to change. Playing off the right side of the 5 two railing the cb into the stack.
                          Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                          Pat is in great shape here, so the key is to maintain his advantage. I like Henderson's first shot of coming off the 13, two rails outta the upper corner, CB back to the stack. That's strictly a speed shot, and it's easy to under roll it.

~Doc[/B]

There were a lot of excellent choices here, as all of the members different choices pointed out...Pat chose to shoot Ben's shot, but, just as Doc warned about, Pat accidentally killed his stroke and hit the shot much too slow...and it turned out like so >>>
                          Attached Files
                          jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

yep poor choice to play safe. now you can bank the 13 or bank it into the 2 or two rail it into the pack and snug him up behind the 11. and the whole game has turned around.

even if it turned out well he might have made the 6 ball dead or given a free bank on the 5.

Comment

Kick soft in to the 7
                              "I'm gettin worse everyday and right now
                              I'm playing like it's next year"

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                                yep poor choice to play safe. now you can bank the 13 or bank it into the 2 or two rail it into the pack and snug him up behind the 11. and the whole game has turned around.

even if it turned out well he might have made the 6 ball dead or given a free bank on the 5.
                                My thinking was the traffic jam on my rail was leaving no shots, blocking my long bank lanes, giving Ghost easy bank targets and giving him a nice safe space uptable. Kicking or banking into the stack was inviting, but that has a way of making more clusters, especially when there are already balls in the area. So I still like my choice OK.

My execution, not so much.

pj
                                chgo

Comment

Working...
                                X