Scott Frost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
None of the above at 10 ahead

I agree. Scott can grind if necessary and win games in a bunch when he gets a rush. Danny and Josh are like that too, but I would favor Scott against them. We have not seen Lunda’s top game yet IMO, and he might improve if someone tries him on his home court. I know these guys play all over the place, but home cookin is still a little advantage.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I agree. Scott can grind if necessary and win games in a bunch when he gets a rush. Danny and Josh are like that too, but I would favor Scott against them. We have not seen Lunda’s top game yet IMO, and he might improve if someone tries him on his home court. I know these guys play all over the place, but home cookin is still a little advantage.

John IMO Evan is a top player and anyone going to Detroit to play him probably wont like it with the exception of Alex or Dennis. Home court between relatively equal players is huge especially when you're talking about players that believe in themselves as Evan does.

I have been watching Evan play for the past ten years and his game has risen to the upper echelon of players. I put him right under Chohan and it's closer than many believe. I talked to Tony four years ago about Evans game and at that time Tony told me that he is tough as nails and no one has to beat him. Four years ago Tony was living in Detroit and played Evan a bunch (9/8) it was close then. What's that tell you?

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
John IMO Evan is a top player and anyone going to Detroit to play him probably wont like it with the exception of Alex or Dennis. Home court between relatively equal players is huge especially when you're talking about players that believe in themselves as Evan does.

I have been watching Evan play for the past ten years and his game has risen to the upper echelon of players. I put him right under Chohan and it's closer than many believe. I talked to Tony four years ago about Evans game and at that time Tony told me that he is tough as nails and no one has to beat him. Four years ago Tony was living in Detroit and played Evan a bunch (9/8) it was close then. What's that tell you?

Dr. Bill

I was going to say Lunda as well. From what I have seen on top of some things Joe and others have said, I think he is right there.

I would like to see him in a big stream match with Scott or anyone in the top 5 or 7 for that matter.

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Top 10 as of September, 2019

Top 10 as of September, 2019

1. Alex Pagulayan
2. Dennis Orcullo
3. Tony Chohan
4. Francisco Bustamante
5. Corey Deuel
6. Shane Van Boening
7. Scott Frost
8. Evan Lunda
9. Danny Smith
10. Shannon Daulton

Potential matches in 2020

Pagulayan v. winner of Orcullo v. Chohan
Busty v. SVB
Deuel v. Frost
Lunda v. Daulton

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
1. Alex Pagulayan
2. Dennis Orcullo
3. Tony Chohan
4. Francisco Bustamante
5. Corey Deuel
6. Shane Van Boening
7. Scott Frost
8. Evan Lunda
9. Danny Smith
10. Shannon Daulton

Busty v. SVB
Deuel v. Frost
Lunda v. Daulton
That's a pretty accurate ranking you have there Joe, one would be hard pressed to argue with you on it. Good job as usual and hope to see you at Buffalos if I'm able to make it.:)

Dr. Bill

BRLongArm

Verified Member
That's a pretty accurate ranking you have there Joe, one would be hard pressed to argue with you on it. Good job as usual and hope to see you at Buffalos if I'm able to make it.:)

Dr. Bill

I'll be there. The world will be there for that match. If it is like last year with Alex and Tony, there will be many pesos flying around that pool room and the main event will kick off the under card as there will be 24 hour action for the week of the match. If you like that sort of thing...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'll be there. The world will be there for that match. If it is like last year with Alex and Tony, there will be many pesos flying around that pool room and the main event will kick off the under card as there will be 24 hour action for the week of the match. If you like that sort of thing...

..../drool

It's on my bucket list Joe, I will make it there someday!

BRLongArm

Verified Member
..../drool

The tournament is May 27-31, 2020 this year. We started something pretty cool last year. We hold the last spot and have two players play for it on Wednesday night. It gives the fans a four hour match to sweat on Wednesday night that matters.

Put it on your calendar. You'll thank me later. Bring your stick and I promise you you'll have 10 or more hours of action every day you're there.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
..../drool

You really should, Chris. It's like the Derby with open tables to gamble on, and good sweats when you break to eat.

Everybody will be there; there's a $500 entry 1P 250 miles away the week before.

TxOnePocket

Verified Member
From
Arlington,Texas -
1. Alex Pagulayan
2. Dennis Orcullo
3. Tony Chohan
4. Francisco Bustamante
5. Corey Deuel
6. Shane Van Boening
7. Scott Frost
8. Evan Lunda
9. Danny Smith
10. Shannon Daulton

Busty v. SVB
Deuel v. Frost
Lunda v. Daulton

Great List, I'd like to see a few of these guys match up by the game, 500 a game pay at 1k, while ahead sets are the standard a lot of them feel like the new " exhibition set up " games nowadays.

Also maybe add Billy Thorpe and Justin Hall.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The tournament is May 27-31, 2020 this year. We started something pretty cool last year. We hold the last spot and have two players play for it on Wednesday night. It gives the fans a four hour match to sweat on Wednesday night that matters.

Put it on your calendar. You'll thank me later. Bring your stick and I promise you you'll have 10 or more hours of action every day you're there.

Would absolutely love to! You never know!