Larry and our FL east coasters...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't know how many of y'all live near the south central east coast of Florida, but I imagine that you've started protective measures. Currently it looks like Dorian could impact anywhere from West Palm to Melbourne. Now a Cat. 1, it could go up to a 3 or even more. I'm sure you'll all be watching the track from now 'til Tuesday! Fingers crossed....

~Doc

beatle

Verified Member
its going to hit larry square in the nose. we need to start collecting old shoes and socks and clothes to send down to him.

but i bet he is more worried that his fancy cue stick will get wet.

if i was there now i would be getting out before Saturdays and Sundays rush of traffic.
he can go over to buffalo billiards and get in some one pocket while in exile.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
its going to hit larry square in the nose. we need to start collecting old shoes and socks and clothes to send down to him.

but i bet he is more worried that his fancy cue stick will get wet.

if i was there now i would be getting out before Saturdays and Sundays rush of traffic.
he can go over to buffalo billiards and get in some one pocket while in exile.

That's a great idea!

Hope Larry and any one else in the path gets out safely!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thanks for the concerns everyone
My shutters are up and I am flying away to visit friends tomorrow morning .
I don’t wait till the last minute
I will be bringing a cue so I will have something to do.....:)
Having been through hurricane Andrew in Miami and Francis Jean Wilma Irma and who knows how many others I don’t stick around when the storms are coming.
It does looks like this storm will be very powerful maybe even cat 4 they are saying now wherever it lands,
the computer modules still don’t agree what track it will take

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks for the concerns everyone
My shutters are up and I am flying away to visit friends tomorrow morning .
I don’t wait till the last minute
I will be bringing a cue so I will have something to do.....:)
Having been through hurricane Andrew in Miami and Francis Jean Wilma Irma and who knows how many others I don’t stick around when the storms are coming.
It does looks like this storm will be very powerful maybe even cat 4 they are saying now wherever it lands,
the computer modules still don’t agree what track it will take

Be safe, Larry and I hope for minimal damage to your home, if any.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Where's Tom Wirth live? Is he more inland? OP Hacker and Bill S. live in that neck of the woods too, don't they? I'm sure they're all watching the track closely.

beatle

Verified Member
yep but it is heading like a magnet for larrys town right now.
that also gets bill smith too.

hurricanes are a way of life down there. ive been through a bunch and its not a big deal until your house is gone.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Where's Tom Wirth live? Is he more inland? OP Hacker and Bill S. live in that neck of the woods too, don't they? I'm sure they're all watching the track closely.

Talked to Bill Smith today and he and his wife are hunkering down. They have hurricane shutters and plenty of supplies, they've done it before. I wish Bill, Larry, Tom and everyone in the path the best possible outcome.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
For Florida's sake, I hope the drag across The Bahamas reduces Dorian's intensity. It should. I wouldn't be happy if I lived in the northern Bahamas, what with Dorian becoming a category 4 now.

The hurricane is fairly narrow-- only a 60 mile total width of hurricane force winds, whereas Katrina was 260 miles wide of hurricane force winds. Of course if it hits as anything more than a category 2, it'll do some major damage within its width.

Probably anyone more than half or three-quarters a mile from the coast won't have too much to worry regarding flooding (which usually causes most damage), but the big pain is always the power outages. Florida will probably get it back up and running within a few days. In Katrina we didn't have electricity where I live for 3 weeks. Mississippi ain't that swift..:)

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It looks like the storm will be just off coast hopefully according to the latest projection
Still close enough to cause havoc but not as bad as a direct hit
They havent ruled out a direct hit
It might make landfall in georgia or south carolina

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good news, Larry. Looks like y'all might be able to dodge a bullet. And being on the west side of a hurricane is the most favorable of the three, as you know. We'll all be watching.

beatle

Verified Member
yea i hope it misses, will save me lots of money. i dont insure things.

and if too much damage i may not be able to trick larry into buying me another pastrami sandwich.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

and if too much damage i may not be able to trick larry into buying me another pastrami sandwich.
Next time i will even pay for a side of cole slaw
:):):)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

Beatle, do you live in SE Florida too? From this morning's estimates it looks like Dorian will slide up the coast 50-60 miles offshore, so the U.S. might only get some strong weather.

You can almost sense the palpable disappointment from the news media and the weather people. They were all hoping for a major disaster..:rolleyes: Now, if Dorian skates they may be left without a catastrophe for this year..:D

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Dorian now 180 mph......:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
They still dont know how close it will come to Florida
My area has gone from tropical storm to hurricane watch.
Doc i am a little touchy now
Keep the cynicism to a minimum
There is nothing funny about this
NO disrespect intended
Sincerely
Larry