Larry and our FL east coasters...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larry and our FL east coasters...

I don't know how many of y'all live near the south central east coast of Florida, but I imagine that you've started protective measures. Currently it looks like Dorian could impact anywhere from West Palm to Melbourne. Now a Cat. 1, it could go up to a 3 or even more. I'm sure you'll all be watching the track from now 'til Tuesday! Fingers crossed....

~Doc

its going to hit larry square in the nose. we need to start collecting old shoes and socks and clothes to send down to him.

but i bet he is more worried that his fancy cue stick will get wet.

if i was there now i would be getting out before Saturdays and Sundays rush of traffic.
    he can go over to buffalo billiards and get in some one pocket while in exile.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
      its going to hit larry square in the nose. we need to start collecting old shoes and socks and clothes to send down to him.

but i bet he is more worried that his fancy cue stick will get wet.

if i was there now i would be getting out before Saturdays and Sundays rush of traffic.
      he can go over to buffalo billiards and get in some one pocket while in exile.
      That's a great idea!

Hope Larry and any one else in the path gets out safely!

Comment

Thanks for the concerns everyone
        My shutters are up and I am flying away to visit friends tomorrow morning .
        I don’t wait till the last minute
        I will be bringing a cue so I will have something to do.....
        Having been through hurricane Andrew in Miami and Francis Jean Wilma Irma and who knows how many others I don’t stick around when the storms are coming.
        It does looks like this storm will be very powerful maybe even cat 4 they are saying now wherever it lands,
        the computer modules still don’t agree what track it will take

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
          Thanks for the concerns everyone
          My shutters are up and I am flying away to visit friends tomorrow morning .
          I don’t wait till the last minute
          I will be bringing a cue so I will have something to do.....
          Having been through hurricane Andrew in Miami and Francis Jean Wilma Irma and who knows how many others I don’t stick around when the storms are coming.
          It does looks like this storm will be very powerful maybe even cat 4 they are saying now wherever it lands,
          the computer modules still don’t agree what track it will take
          Be safe, Larry and I hope for minimal damage to your home, if any.

Comment

Where's Tom Wirth live? Is he more inland? OP Hacker and Bill S. live in that neck of the woods too, don't they? I'm sure they're all watching the track closely.

Comment

yep but it is heading like a magnet for larrys town right now.
              that also gets bill smith too.

hurricanes are a way of life down there. ive been through a bunch and its not a big deal until your house is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                Where's Tom Wirth live? Is he more inland? OP Hacker and Bill S. live in that neck of the woods too, don't they? I'm sure they're all watching the track closely.
                Talked to Bill Smith today and he and his wife are hunkering down. They have hurricane shutters and plenty of supplies, they've done it before. I wish Bill, Larry, Tom and everyone in the path the best possible outcome.

Comment

Hopefully the Bahamas will take some of the punch out of Mr. Dorian.

Comment

phil dade as well....

good luck fellas. stay safe....

Comment

Way to go, Larry. The wind is gonna blow - better to read about it in the papers. Best of luck.
                      If it ain't funny, it ain't much.

Comment

Doesn’t Jackie live down there. Y’all all stay safe!
                        See ya in Southaven.

Comment

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
                          Doesn’t Jackie live down there. Y’all all stay safe!
                          See ya in Southaven.
                          You mean Jakie -- Nick P. -- and yeah, he does.

Comment

For Florida's sake, I hope the drag across The Bahamas reduces Dorian's intensity. It should. I wouldn't be happy if I lived in the northern Bahamas, what with Dorian becoming a category 4 now.

The hurricane is fairly narrow-- only a 60 mile total width of hurricane force winds, whereas Katrina was 260 miles wide of hurricane force winds. Of course if it hits as anything more than a category 2, it'll do some major damage within its width.

Probably anyone more than half or three-quarters a mile from the coast won't have too much to worry regarding flooding (which usually causes most damage), but the big pain is always the power outages. Florida will probably get it back up and running within a few days. In Katrina we didn't have electricity where I live for 3 weeks. Mississippi ain't that swift..

~Doc

Comment

It looks like the storm will be just off coast hopefully according to the latest projection
                              Still close enough to cause havoc but not as bad as a direct hit
                              They havent ruled out a direct hit
                              It might make landfall in georgia or south carolina

Comment

Working...
                              X