One Player Up Rule

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
We have went up and down the road on this subject many times, and I usually keep quiet.
This time I am not.
Sharks, slicks , movers ,are all low lives . !
They ruin the game for anyone who has any morals, or even a modicum, of self respect and decency.
Playing against them, and giving them any leeway at all , just propagates the behavior to anyone watching, or just beginning in pool, and spawns another pile of human trash, to deal with.
Would you want the first thing every new player to learn, is how to shit mickey somebody? Probably you?
The bottom line to me, is where is the bottom line?

For all you unsharkable guys , you aren't.
I have seen some of the greatest players ever, get sharked clear out of their shoes, so just cut the bs.
The reason you don't get sharked, is because you are corpse killers, you would never dream of playing anyone with a tooth in their head to bite back , because you are too "smart" {chicken shit} for that.
Lets say any of you, and I, are playing a game for serious money, you play a little better than me.
So you figure, if you rattle me on a couple of key shots , you are pretty well assured of the win.
Maybe just a cup move in my line of sight, at just the right moment or something as innocuous as that.
What you didn't figure on, is that I am sick to death of clowns, I don't care any more what anybody thinks, and I will do whatever it takes to beat you.
Anything!
So, while you are on level 1 of sharking , passing a cup, up to having a friend bump me {accidentally} in my shooting wrist.
i have jumped to level 10.
My old prison buddy has your wife or kids at the end of a double barrel shotgun in the basement.
If the score ever gets to you needing to make the game ball , I let you in on the secret.
Now, before you start pumping out your chests and splathering all over the place about what you would do , 99% of you would do nothing, because you aren't one of the selfish turds that does the other crap.
Other people matter to you .
So, what I am trying to say is , when we, the players of this game , allow the scum, to dictate what the rules or lack of rules are , either by smiling and saying that's part of the game , or ignoring it because we aren't affected directly{everyone is , they just don't admit it } or whatever reasons you come up with.
We are spreading the disease.
It matters very little to me at this point in my pool life.
I barely play any more and I am 70 and getting in worse shape every day.
But ,I remember how much fun this game can be, and I met a lot of great people through pool.
It is just that 1 in a thousand guy , that makes the game a shit show.
They almost always end up dead by 35, or in jail for forever , but the damage they do in a short time is ridiculous, and should never be allowed by anyone who cares anything about this game, other than to try to make a quick buck from it, feeding on carrion.
So, when you wink an eye or turn your head when you see someone pull a cheap move, you just became an accomplice!
like I said before , where doe's it end?
Is it a chalk drop perfectly timed, or a bump or aggravation from a "stranger" or something in your drink? a guy at your home?
They are all possible and more, think about that the next time you "pass".
Most of us are old and our ass kicking days are over, but I have seen the power of a handfull of good customers who tell the room owner someone is ruining the fun they are paying for.
At least it's worth a try.

All I can say is WOW !

beatle

Verified Member
wow as well.

i can see why you went to prison. your mind leads you to places out of the realm of reason.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
We have went up and down the road on this subject many times, and I usually keep quiet.
This time I am not.
Sharks, slicks , movers ,are all low lives . !
They ruin the game for anyone who has any morals, or even a modicum, of self respect and decency.
Playing against them, and giving them any leeway at all , just propagates the behavior to anyone watching, or just beginning in pool, and spawns another pile of human trash, to deal with.
Would you want the first thing every new player to learn, is how to shit mickey somebody? Probably you?
The bottom line to me, is where is the bottom line?

For all you unsharkable guys , you aren't.
I have seen some of the greatest players ever, get sharked clear out of their shoes, so just cut the bs.
The reason you don't get sharked, is because you are corpse killers, you would never dream of playing anyone with a tooth in their head to bite back , because you are too "smart" {chicken shit} for that.
Lets say any of you, and I, are playing a game for serious money, you play a little better than me.
So you figure, if you rattle me on a couple of key shots , you are pretty well assured of the win.
Maybe just a cup move in my line of sight, at just the right moment or something as innocuous as that.
What you didn't figure on, is that I am sick to death of clowns, I don't care any more what anybody thinks, and I will do whatever it takes to beat you.
Anything!
So, while you are on level 1 of sharking , passing a cup, up to having a friend bump me {accidentally} in my shooting wrist.
i have jumped to level 10.
My old prison buddy has your wife or kids at the end of a double barrel shotgun in the basement.
If the score ever gets to you needing to make the game ball , I let you in on the secret.
Now, before you start pumping out your chests and splathering all over the place about what you would do , 99% of you would do nothing, because you aren't one of the selfish turds that does the other crap.
Other people matter to you .
So, what I am trying to say is , when we, the players of this game , allow the scum, to dictate what the rules or lack of rules are , either by smiling and saying that's part of the game , or ignoring it because we aren't affected directly{everyone is , they just don't admit it } or whatever reasons you come up with.
We are spreading the disease.
It matters very little to me at this point in my pool life.
I barely play any more and I am 70 and getting in worse shape every day.
But ,I remember how much fun this game can be, and I met a lot of great people through pool.
It is just that 1 in a thousand guy , that makes the game a shit show.
They almost always end up dead by 35, or in jail for forever , but the damage they do in a short time is ridiculous, and should never be allowed by anyone who cares anything about this game, other than to try to make a quick buck from it, feeding on carrion.
So, when you wink an eye or turn your head when you see someone pull a cheap move, you just became an accomplice!
like I said before , where doe's it end?
Is it a chalk drop perfectly timed, or a bump or aggravation from a "stranger" or something in your drink? a guy at your home?
They are all possible and more, think about that the next time you "pass".
Most of us are old and our ass kicking days are over, but I have seen the power of a handfull of good customers who tell the room owner someone is ruining the fun they are paying for.
At least it's worth a try.
I gota like this guy! Whitey

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have never been in prison or even been in trouble with the law. I am trying to show that when you allow some jerk to get away with infantile moves , you never know what might be spawned from it.
Like I said , all these moves are 150 years old, and they are a pitiful joke to anyone but a dolt, I just don't understand, why intelligent people allow buffoons to dictate the rules.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Nice read....with my fathers best friend Otto Graham HOF, Cleveland Browns, my Olympic skating background, (dad played for the Blackhawks farm team WWII). The men that my dad had as best friends, and those that coached me, and my experiences of the pool rooms/characters since the 60's....our perspective/feels have a similar ring.

Because of the sports figure men my dad surrounded me by in youth with fairplay always in play.... the ''others'' that roamed the pool rooms ''stuck out''.
This is EXACTLY why ''in my prime'' I never went to the Rack in Detroit in the late 80's early 90's. Too thick with thieves for me, I would NOT trust anyone, therefore I had no interest in this arena. I just enjoy a good game.