No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. John 45 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why on earth do you want to leave safe? you have two great easy shots. the 8 and the 3 and both to play easy position on to run a bunch of balls.
    and if you miss either you dont leave much anyway.

Comment

No question I am shooting the 3 moving the cb up to the 2nd diamond on the long rail. If I make it, which I should, I am shooting the 2 with low right coming around for the balls on my side...or coming into the 15 to open the stack up. Either way its bad news for the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
        Even with high right english, your angle is not straight enough on the 8ball to bank it to/in your pocket, and, get the cueball behind the 12.
        I'm hitting it with high left and let the cue ball drift down to the side rail and come to rest behind the 14. I don't think I'm making the 8; I just want to get it close and get cover on the 14.

Comment

The shot I like is to 2 rail the 3 ball into the 4,10,15 and stick on the 2 ball. The 3 ball bank looks to be laying a little to low for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
            I see three shots here.

First choice, bank the 8ball and hide cue behind12ball up table.

Second choice, bank 3ball with top right, trying to hide whitey behind stack.

Third choice, bank 2ball, with top English, into the 15 and 10.

I will be available for action in Houston, if you disagree with any of my shots
            Banking the 7 ball creates lots of natural cover

Not quite sure it could be thrown enough but you could also 2 rail the 3 into the 15 ball with decent speed, moving most of that stack toward ur hole, freezing the cue ball on the underside of the 2 ball, creating serious trouble.

But i'm banking the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
              No question I am shooting the 3 moving the cb up to the 2nd diamond on the long rail. If I make it, which I should, I am shooting the 2 with low right coming around for the balls on my side...or coming into the 15 to open the stack up. Either way its bad news for the opponent.
              exactly what I play, good shot Ben!

Now if i can just learn to run the balls like you...

I don't like the 8 as much because when you shoot that shot, you have to make it between the 2 balls and a lot of times you end up shooting it 1 rail into the 7 and balls stay near the side and you really didn't put any pressure on your opponent.

With the 3, I am making it or hanging it and if I make it I should be able ot get at least 1 more if not 2 or a few.

Off the 10 into the stack is a good def shot, but here I am being offensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                Agree with this 100%. It is a natural angle to cross the 3 and off to the races.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                  This would be my choice. If you get it somewhat close there will be al lot of protection for it.
                  I also like this shot. A natural.
                  Bill Meacham
                  WBT
                  www.worldbilliardtour.com
                  no link....

Comment

If the 8ball had room to go then that obviously would be the best shot hands down, however, it doesn't which puts that option at # 2 or 3. Banking the 3ball would be my second choice slightly over the 8ball option, banking the 3ball is mostly about cue ball control, which means this shot cannot be hit hard enough to pocket it a higher percentage of the time. That would be the problem with playing the 3ball and playing a good cue ball, you are not going to get the turn on the 3ball hitting it at pocket speed that's needed to pocket the bank. Playing the cue ball to the side rail near the side pocket would be a good spot to leave it. Playing off the 10ball into the stack is mostly always a good option IMO but in this situation you are positioned to apply more pressure on your opponent and possibly put him in serious trouble without losing your position, which leads me to my number one option..

Banking the 7ball. This option is not the easiest to execute but the reward is much higher than any other option. Equally as important as the accuracy of the hit is controlling the cue ball to the upper left quadrant of the table. If you're able to control the cue ball to there than you can afford to lose accuracy with the hit. As long as you can control the cue ball and manage getting the 7ball close to your pocket than your opponent is in serious trouble. That would be as you say in Chess...Check. Check Mate is just around the corner.

Dr. Bill
                    Last edited by wincardona; 09-11-2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

OPG Good wwyd with many options.
                      Only problem is there arent any good kicks.
                      Maybe thats what you were after?

Comment

Ghost vs. John 45 wwyd?

Like many the 8 is my first choice. Followed by crossing the 3.
                        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Bank the seven ball as you have a lot of cover with the six, eight, nine and eleven. Get it close and you might be golden.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                            John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- score is 0 to 0 --- John's in a very good position here with several offensive shots available, and also one real good move --- wwyd ----->
                            I'm not saying it's what I would choose to shoot here (like Ben & Chris, I'd probably choose to twist bank the 5)..but as I said in my opening post, there's one real good move here, and it's not coming off of the 10 and into the stack - that shot would leave an escape route of banking the 9 straight back whilst leaving the cueball on the head rail, or 2-railing the 11...

My move is to thin the 8 and drop down two rails to freeze up behind the 12ball - the opponent would be in big trouble from there.

- Ghost

P.S. Btw, the 8 was/is makeable - but you'd have to twist it.
                            Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-11-2019, 03:52 PM.
                            jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

As I'm sure you all will agree, being at the table affords a far better assessment of the proper choice of shot. Given what we have to work with, and to Ghost's credit, he usually provides multiple images from various angles allowing us as good an idea of the position of the balls as we can hope for.

As others have suggested I too like the bank on the 8 ball but sending the cue ball long into the upper left quadrant would not be my first choice. The prospects of scoring large numbers of balls should the 8 fall is huge if the cue ball is stunned for an easy shot on the 6. This shot has little to no risk. Keep positive when a strong aggressive shot presents itself. Setting up a move is fine but the ultimate goal is to score 8 balls.

My second choice might be to bank the 2 ball off the bottom half of either the 10 or 15 balls drifting the cue ball forward. This too is an aggressive shot with high scoring possibilities.

These two shots would be where I would first set my sights. After that should I deside to pass on either of these two shots I would then consider banking the 7 with primary focus on controlling the cue ball into the upper left corner area.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Tom.

Where would you plan to leave the cue ball after banking the 8 to then make the 6? I ask because it looks like the 6 might bank back to his hole and I’m curious to get your thoughts on that.

Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
                                As I'm sure you all will agree, being at the table affords a far better assessment of the proper choice of shot. Given what we have to work with, and to Ghost's credit, he usually provides multiple images from various angles allowing us as good an idea of the position of the balls as we can hope for.

As others have suggested I too like the bank on the 8 ball but sending the cue ball long into the upper left quadrant would not be my first choice. The prospects of scoring large numbers of balls should the 8 fall is huge if the cue ball is stunned for an easy shot on the 6. This shot has little to no risk. Keep positive when a strong aggressive shot presents itself. Setting up a move is fine but the ultimate goal is to score 8 balls.

My second choice might be to bank the 2 ball off the bottom half of either the 10 or 15 balls drifting the cue ball forward. This too is an aggressive shot with high scoring possibilities.

These two shots would be where I would first set my sights. After that should I deside to pass on either of these two shots I would then consider banking the 7 with primary focus on controlling the cue ball into the upper left corner area.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X