Ghost vs. John 45 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 45 wwyd?

John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom right --- score is 0 to 0 --- John's in a very good position here with several offensive shots available, and also one real good move --- wwyd ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-10-2019, 06:48 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-13-2019, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

I see three shots here.

First choice, bank the 8ball and hide cue behind12ball up table.

Second choice, bank 3ball with top right, trying to hide whitey behind stack.

Third choice, bank 2ball, with top English, into the 15 and 10.

I will be available for action in Houston, if you disagree with any of my shots

Comment

I like the 8 ball if there’s room to bank. I’m with Robert on all counts.

Comment

Originally posted by rnewkirk View Post
            I see three shots here.

First choice, bank the 8ball and hide cue behind12ball up table.

Second choice, bank 3ball with top right, trying to hide whitey behind stack.

Third choice, bank 2ball, with top English, into the 15 and 10.

I will be available for action in Houston, if you disagree with any of my shots
            I like all of these though the 2 I might bank with bottom right to hit short rail and slide behind the three and play the two of the bottom of the 15

Comment

I would bank the 3 pocket speed and try to bump the 4 with my cueball. Opening up the combo on the 15 and 10 . and also have a shot at the 2 ball.
              Mighty tough to hit it perfect but if you do whoopeee and if you don't you can shoot the 2 and come around 2 rails out of the corner for position.

Comment

Im coming off the 10 ball, into the side rail and freezing him on the side of the stack. He will be in a big trap. He may have to take an intentional and if he does you can put him right back on the side of the stack. He's not going to like it. K

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                  Im coming off the 10 ball, into the side rail and freezing him on the side of the stack. He will be in a big trap. He may have to take an intentional and if he does you can put him right back on the side of the stack. He's not going to like it. K
                  Keith, we must think pretty nearly the same (I feel sorry for you.). That's exactly the shot I'd choose.

~Doc

Comment

On second thought

Can you bank the 7 with top left and run the cue ball up in the left corner around the 12?

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
                      Keith, we must think pretty nearly the same (I feel sorry for you.). That's exactly the shot I'd choose.

~Doc
                      As Rod would say, good eye Doc!!!

Comment

I think the best shot is the eight because it is easiest to get close and get certain cover. You have distance plus cover and plenty of balls to run if you get a shot.

I don't like the three. If you make it, you have played safe so you don't have another shot. If you hang it up, he just kicks it in. The bank into the stack is good, but you could loosen up a ball for him to bank back at you and that could end up bad.

No, the eight blends just the right mix of offense and defense. That's my shot.

Comment

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
                          Can you bank the 7 with top left and run the cue ball up in the left corner around the 12?
                          This would be my choice. If you get it somewhat close there will be al lot of protection for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                            You have to really glue him on the four to trap him. Too high and he two rails the eleven towards his pocket. Too low and he clears the 3 and 2 and l lose my position. I would like this better if I had a ball closer to my hole that I can harvest if he goes up table. I think it is ok, but against good players, it's not going to be the trap we think. They would just bank the nine, let you go and freeze you on the top rail and dare you to shoot. Now if you miss the long straight in, they are in business.

I love to put them in the stack when I have a ball near my hole, but when there is no ball close by, they are going to put you to the test.

Comment

Even with high right english, your angle is not straight enough on the 8ball to bank it to/in your pocket, and, get the cueball behind the 12.

Comment

Working...
                              X