Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frost vs Chip - One Pocket for $20,000 a Man

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Frost vs Chip - One Pocket for $20,000 a Man

    I like Frost. Just looking for a small sweat. Bet $20-$200. First come first serve.
    Attached Files
    www.ontherailtv.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by Fast Lenny View Post
    I like Frost. Just looking for a small sweat. Bet $20-$200. First come first serve.
    I'd take $240 to $200 if you're interested.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd like to bet Scott whines about the table some more, throwing his arms up in disbelief even though he's had time to figure out the quirks.

      Window is wide open.

      If real money was on the light, i'd bet Chip. ( if scott keeps getting in 1P stroke over the next few months he would be the obvious pick )

      With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
        I'd like to bet Scott whines about the table some more, throwing his arms up in disbelief even though he's had time to figure out the quirks.

        Window is wide open.

        If real money was on the light, i'd bet Chip. ( if scott keeps getting in 1P stroke over the next few months he would be the obvious pick )

        With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.
        For what it's worth, they were doing serious woofing and Chip made the challenge but specified that the game would be in his home room in Okla City. Then Chip got staked for half of it and agreed to play at the Break Room where Sully was already set up. Sully said he couldn't afford to travel to Okla City to stream it, or to New Orleans, but he'd do it there. IOW, I'm as close as I could be to 100% that it's real money on the light, and whatever "royalty" Sully may be paying is minimal.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
          With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.
          You think there's enough streaming revenue to make much difference in a $40K match? I would be surprised.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
            I'd like to bet Scott whines about the table some more, throwing his arms up in disbelief even though he's had time to figure out the quirks.

            Window is wide open.

            If real money was on the light, i'd bet Chip. ( if scott keeps getting in 1P stroke over the next few months he would be the obvious pick )

            With a pre agreed upon stream royalties payout which seems like status quo the past few months, NO THANK YOU.
            You said the same thing on AZ, as if Scott hurt you
            As far as these streams go, heaven forbid the pool community makes a few bucks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Heaven forbid that anyone makes money on a stream

              The NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB and every other major sports league makes money on TV broadcasts. This money is shared with the athletes. Why is it a problem in pool?

              There is no unifying body for pool so promoters attempt to bring us quality content on their own initiative. They share the revenue stream with the players. Do you think that because the players get guaranteed money, they are not trying to win their matches?

              Being a pool player is beyond hard. Some of the greatest players in the world can't even afford a place to live. You have to finish in the top two or three in a tournament just to make a modest profit. If they are asking for a piece of the pie, it's only crumbs anyway.

              I would hope that some of you would refrain from implying the worst in people without knowing them, the facts of the match or the people putting up the money or the stream. It's reckless and it's malignant. On one hand you complain that pool is on its ass. When someone comes in to try to put on a quality match, the same guys say it's not a real match because players are making money. Remember your moms advice: If you can't say something nice about someone, Shut the **** up. Rant over.
              Last edited by BRLongArm; 09-16-2019, 04:40 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I’ll take Scott for a 100.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr.J View Post
                  You said the same thing on AZ, as if Scott hurt you
                  As far as these streams go, heaven forbid the pool community makes a few bucks.
                  Naw there's no I'll will in my statement, or hopefully it doesn't read that way, I root for Scott and think of him as a HoFer.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Amen.

                    That said, pool gamblers have a long and well documented history of dumping and doing business, and we all know it, which does make it hard to know what to believe even when it is happening right in front of us or on a stream. This history has pretty much poisoned the well, and has deterred most of the main stream sponsors and media companies from any participation in US events. Maybe Matchroom can change the texture of this problem going forward.


                    Also: the money prizes in pro sports, and the TV advertising and rights revenues, are paid by corporate sponsors, not put up by the players or their backers as a wager. Isn't that a fundamental difference to what happens in these made for TV pool events?


                    Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                    The NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB and every other major sports league makes money on TV broadcasts. This money is shared with the athletes. Why is it a problem in pool?

                    There is no unifying body for pool so promoters attempt to bring us quality content on their own initiative. They share the revenue stream with the players. Do you think that because the players get guaranteed money, they are not trying to win their matches?

                    Being a pool player is beyond hard. Some of the greatest players in the world can't even afford a place to live. You have to finish in the top two or three in a tournament just make a modest profit. If they are asking for a piece of the pie, it's only crumbs anyway.

                    I would hope that some of you would refrain from implying the worst in people without knowing them, the facts of the match or the people putting up the money or the stream. It's reckless and it's malignant. On one hand you complain that pool is on its ass. When someone comes in to try to put on a quality match, the same guys say it's not a real match because players are making money. Remember your moms advice: If you can't say something nice about someone, Shut the **** up. Rant over.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is why we can't have nice things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                        Amen.

                        That said, pool gamblers have a long and well documented history of dumping and doing business, and we all know it, which does make it hard to know what to believe even when it is happening right in front of us or on a stream. This history has pretty much poisoned the well, and has deterred most of the main stream sponsors and media companies from any participation in US events. Maybe Matchroom can change the texture of this problem going forward.


                        Also: the money prizes in pro sports, and the TV advertising and rights revenues, are paid by corporate sponsors, not put up by the players or their backers as a wager. Isn't that a fundamental difference to what happens in these made for TV pool events?
                        The money being mentioned is from the stream. Customers tune in to watch the event, and the promoter shares the revenue with the players. It is not coming from the players or their stake horses. The players can opt to gamble and take a percentage of what is actually paid, or they can take a flat fee from the streamer. The room owner, as sponsor, often also sells seating for the event, which is also put in for the appearance fee. That is their appearance fee, or guaranteed money.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
                          The NBA, NFL, UFC, MLB and every other major sports league makes money on TV broadcasts. This money is shared with the athletes. Why is it a problem in pool?

                          There is no unifying body for pool so promoters attempt to bring us quality content on their own initiative. They share the revenue stream with the players. Do you think that because the players get guaranteed money, they are not trying to win their matches?

                          Being a pool player is beyond hard. Some of the greatest players in the world can't even afford a place to live. You have to finish in the top two or three in a tournament just to make a modest profit. If they are asking for a piece of the pie, it's only crumbs anyway.

                          I would hope that some of you would refrain from implying the worst in people without knowing them, the facts of the match or the people putting up the money or the stream. It's reckless and it's malignant. On one hand you complain that pool is on its ass. When someone comes in to try to put on a quality match, the same guys say it's not a real match because players are making money. Remember your moms advice: If you can't say something nice about someone, Shut the **** up. Rant over.
                          Wheres the like button? I remember when some Aholes was putting Pat Fleming at AccuStats down. Yet he was giving players plane fare, room and board, and $1K to a winner of every match. Haters gotta hate.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Maybe if players were not in such a desperate position all the time, they wouldn't be tempted to do business. Maybe, just maybe, a guaranteed appearance fee makes sure the player won't have to sleep in his car and he will actually be able to pay his bills. If the player knows he is going to get $2,500 or $5,000 to display his skills to the world, win or lose, he can just relax and play his best game.

                            To be clear, this is not an excuse. But it may explain it.

                            But don't think that game fixing is only in pool. Soccer has been rocked by game fixing in the last couple of years, and tennis is undergoing the same scandal right now. This is not a pool problem. It's a human problem, friends.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tobermory View Post
                              Amen.

                              That said, pool gamblers have a long and well documented history of dumping and doing business, and we all know it, which does make it hard to know what to believe even when it is happening right in front of us or on a stream.
                              Same goes for NCAA x 10 so dirty the sweat dripping down will rot the tops of yer socks right off! What you are saying can be said for most sports, the brush stroke is to broad imo. I believe when you say the dumping stuff, it is more polarized because we are such a small community in comparison to corporate sports where Americans worship overpaid idiots and the corporations will squash any dirt before it leaks.

                              There is so much dumping in flopper, i mean soccer, and every single sport. Guess what, money corrupts the best of us lol....i have a price, do you? lol
                              You can add poker to that list, in fact you can edit the definition of collusion and ad poker to the example sentence in webster's. As a player we know this happens far to often, but the mainstream public really does not, yet it was televised till everyone would became blue in the face. Pool is like bamboo, where as every other sport seems to be easier to bend. That why i love pool so damn much.

                              ( not directed to you Tober, just a general theme and thought i see once a week in pool forums) Last thing to add, ever notice the very people who cant stand PPV are the same people who bitch about pool not getting anywhere, they will also complain about prices for anything! Ive lurked for so long on here and AZB that i could, if i hated time, i could compile a list of the same usual suspects over a span of 5 years and list what they have said, same shit over and over. Imagine complaining for over 5 years about PPV. And then consider how time is money, me spending 25 bucks to watch some pool and help the community vs some nit complaining about ppv . cmon! lol
                              Last edited by Mr.J; 09-16-2019, 06:03 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X