No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. John 46 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant leave him down table so. way too many banks and him getting you in a pickle.

so

one rail the 11 back towards your hole.

or two rail it if you can hold the cue ball down on the rail

or one rail the 11 into the 3 ball hard and kick both over your way and a bunch of other balls. that is the risky high reward easy cue ball safe shot. and likely my shot.

Comment

Ghost said he had a senior moment. I must be having one also because you’re shooting at the wrong hole?
      Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!

Comment

I am banking the 11 STRAIGHT BACK! Lol! I am loading the cb up with left and letting the cb float across the end rail towards the corner pocket. Praying that he shoots at the 3 ball!

Comment

Ghost vs. John 46 wwyd?

Originally posted by beatle View Post
          cant leave him down table so. way too many banks and him getting you in a pickle.

so

one rail the 11 back towards your hole.

or two rail it if you can hold the cue ball down on the rail

or one rail the 11 into the 3 ball hard and kick both over your way and a bunch of other balls. that is the risky high reward easy cue ball safe shot. and likely my shot.

That’s pretty sporty Beat. 👍
          Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Bank the 11 straight into the 13, leave the cue on the end rail. You should get the 11 near your pocket, daring him to shoot at the three. If he shoots the three, god bless him. If he clears the 11, you bank the six. The key is you don't want to lose your position. Keeping him on the end rail forces him to either shoot at the three or fall further behind in position to an eventual crisis point. I don't want to bank the 11 at my hole, because that's too tough and I might lose my cue ball. I can bank it into the 13, spin to the side rail and let whitey die on the head rail. Nobody really wants to shoot the three from there.

The angle of the two rail on the 11 and the tracking of the cue ball looks perfectly symmetrical, which means there is a potential kiss. Not to mention he gets to bank the 11 unless I hit it perfectly. Shoot it five times and let me know how it comes out.

Chess, not checkers.
            Last edited by BRLongArm; 09-19-2019, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
              I am banking the 11 STRAIGHT BACK! Lol! I am loading the cb up with left and letting the cb float across the end rail towards the corner pocket. Praying that he shoots at the 3 ball!
              That's the shot. The cue ball will die coming off the long rail with excessive spin and Land...on or near the head rail, about 10'' out from the long rail.
              Bill Meacham
              WBT
              www.worldbilliardtour.com
              no link....

Comment

In going off of the 1st. picture and 1st. post, in reading the stack it appears by shooting the 7 straight forward into the right side of the 1, the 1 comes off the 5 and back towards the hole, and the 5 crosses over also. The cb goes straight forward in behind the 9. Whitey

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                  John's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- score is 2 to 2 --- wwyd ----->
                  I'd consider thinning the 8, CB two rails to snuggle in behind the 3. Even if it doesn't hide the CB, the new position of the 8 would preclude a return bank of the 5 or 6 balls. If the CB DOES hide, that's an exceedingly nasty leave..

Next, I really like Tom W's shot. The only bad outcome would be if the CB were to "stick", or stay in the immediate area, thereby allowing the 5, 6, or combo banks.

Tom's is probably a higher percentage shot.

~Doc

Comment

I still like kicking the 3 towards the 8 or my hole. Just miss the 15 with LHE, BOOM! No masse needed...(unless the 7 has you hooked? Ghost?)

Comment

I'm banking the 11 with about 4 oclock low right. Pocket speed .If I get it close , only a handfull of champions and a river of suckers are going to shoot the 3.
                      {Most of them will either miss , or get 1.
                      If I am playing a champion I am in a tournament and have no shot at winning anyway except running out the first chance I get.
                      Billy Jackets Phisolophy 101

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                        I still like kicking the 3 towards the 8 or my hole. Just miss the 15 with LHE, BOOM! No masse needed...(unless the 7 has you hooked? Ghost?)
                        Think about your post, but kick ''long rail'' behind' the 8, HUGE target to hit, and yah might land on the foot rail. I think I just taught myself a new shot. I know I can lag ''behind'' that 8 up and down all day long. The carom to land on the foot rail, ''feels'' natural.
                        Last edited by Island Drive; 09-19-2019, 06:34 PM.
                        Bill Meacham
                        WBT
                        www.worldbilliardtour.com
                        no link....

Comment

For clarity maybe 2 wwyds?
                          1 to each pocket as I aint that senior but.......

Comment

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
                            Think about your post, but kick ''long rail'' behind' the 8, HUGE target to hit, and yah might land on the foot rail. I think I just taught myself a new shot. I know I can lag ''behind'' that 8 up and down all day long. The carom to land on the foot rail, ''feels'' natural.
                            I dont understand your shot here Bill, I wish you could diagram it or video it, I want to see what you see!

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
                              For clarity maybe 2 wwyds?
                              1 to each pocket as I aint that senior but.......
                              Am I shooting at the wrong hole, I do it sometimes in a real game, so wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                                Yeah Chris, the 7 has you hooked - you would have to masse your shot.

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                                Am I shooting at the wrong hole?, I do it sometimes in a real game, so wouldn't be surprised.
                                Yes you are Billy-Jack - your pocket is the lower side pocket , and I am spotting you 8/1...

- Ghost
                                jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Working...
                                X