Ghost vs. Steve 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    For those shooting the 14 into the 5...either the 5 or the 14, after colliding and coming off the rail, could clip off of the 12 and/or 13, carom forward towards the cueball and sell out.

- Ghost
    I considered that ghost, I think a few after me focused on the 5 ball and getting it close to the hole when I didn't care where the 5 went as long as it cleared down table, the focus of the shot is the 14 ball and what angle of the two rails ur getting before you collide into the 12 and 13 ball.

Also I considered drawing the rock slightly behind or beside the 7 ball, but why make the shot harder when the most important part of the shot is the contact point on the right side of the 5.

Comment

I am shooting the 7 at the 1 to push three balls my way and freezing on the 14

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
        I am shooting the 7 at the 1 to push three balls my way and freezing on the 14
        You'll end up playing ticky on that 14 until ur opponent can see the 5 ball, which kills the upside of your shot imo.

Comment

Push the issue. Don't be passive. Shoot the seven into the one ball and stick the cueball on top of the stripped ball. Open that cluster up and get something towards your hole.

Comment

Don't know if anyone said this but this would be my choice. Carom the 13 off the 12 and either duck behind the five ball or gently move it away.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
              Don't know if anyone said this but this would be my choice. Carom the 13 off the 12 and either duck behind the five ball or gently move it away.
              Hey Frank, you and I are partnered up - word for word here's post #9 in this thread >>>

If it was my shot here I'm definitely playing the carom, 13 off of the 12 - it's laying real good as seen in the pic below...I'm most likely using high inside english and having the cueball either settling down behind the 5, or kicking the 5 away off of the foot rail - I'd have to study the angle to decide which way would be best.

- Ghost
              Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
              You'll end up playing ticky on that 14 until ur opponent can see the 5 ball, which kills the upside of your shot imo.
              And TXOP....my reason for rejecting that shot when I analyzed it, is exactly the same as what you posted here ^
              Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-27-2019, 03:15 AM.
              jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by TxOnePocket View Post
                You'll end up playing ticky on that 14 until ur opponent can see the 5 ball, which kills the upside of your shot imo

I see this as a possibility but also see the advantage of allowing me to clear his pocket when he loses the ticky game or run out. I also feel very comfortable with this type of game as long as the cue ball is on the rail and the 14 is off so fundamentally the ticky will eventually open up a shot for me on the 5 ball for a huge advantage. though I do see the disadvantages of this shot and don't disagree with them as shortcomings, just I feel comfortable playing the ticky game here
                Last edited by catkins; 09-27-2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

I dont like taking out the 5ball off either the 7ball or 14ball because you will leave your opponent too often with offensive options.

I like The Ghost choice playing the 13ball off the 12ball and taking out the 5ball with a medium speed. My second choice would be to cross the 5ball sending the cue ball into the 10ball with a medium speed.
                  Dr. Bill

Comment

I like The shot also but I didn’t think you could get the 5 out without cutting the 13. I thought you had to hit it fuller thus missing the back of the 5.

Comment

Originally posted by one pocket guy View Post
                      I like The shot also but I didn’t think you could get the 5 out without cutting the 13. I thought you had to hit it fuller thus missing the back of the 5.

That's the way it looked to me too, even with the CB starting near the 7 ball.

Comment

I'm a mover, but just like Tom, I'm all about "controlled aggression"...I'm looking to shoot at my hole on every shot - and as long as I feel that I have a high % likelihood of playing safe at the same time, I surely will...this situation being a perfect example...

If it was my shot here I'm definitely playing the carom, 13 off of the 12 - it's laying real good as seen in the pic below...I'm using high inside english and having the cueball either settle down behind the 5, or kicking the 5 away off of the foot rail - I'd have to study the angle to decide which way would be best.

- Ghost
                        Hey Todd, howya doin'...

You don't have to hit the 13 thin to achieve a narrow post-contact angle...using high inside english (about 11:00) with a fairly full hit will have the cueball follow right through the 13 ball and accomplish that.

- Ghost

Comment

I rarely pass an opportunity to make a ball. I'm going to shoot the 7ball and power the CB into the 14ball, see where I end up, might have another shot ?

P.S. That's why all the players spot me.
                          P.P.S. I said players not hackers.
                          Rod.

Rodney Stephens.
                          (e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Comment

I’m cutting the 13 and taking out the 5 by kicking it away. Should get it close and got the other stripe next or cover
                            Well, Steve shot Todd's shot...I would have liked that shot if the 5ball was an inch to the left...but as it laid, it looked to me like if you cut the 13 thin enough to make it the cueball would miss the 5 - and that's just about what happened...

Steve just missed making the 13, and his cueball just barely grazed the 5, leaving it in front of my pocket...but he got very fortunate cuz by chance he left me dead straight in on the 5 so that I couldn't play position easily on another ball.....here's how it turned out >>>
                            Attached Files

Comment

Well, Steve shot Todd's shot...I would have liked that shot if the 5ball was an inch to the left...but as it laid, it looked to me like if you cut the 13 thin enough to make it the cueball would miss the 5 - and that's just about what happened...

Steve just missed making the 13, and his cueball just barely grazed the 5, leaving it in front of my pocket...but he got very fortunate cuz by chance he left me dead straight in on the 5 so that I couldn't play position easily on another ball.....here's how it turned out >>>
                              You couldn't draw back for the 7 ....

Comment

Wow!

I sure figured like Doc said with 1 o’clock spin I didn’t think you could miss kicking the 5 out.

Comment

Working...
                                X