Ghost vs. Steve 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Steve 6

Interesting situation here.....Steve's shot --- his pocket is at the top left --- ball score is 2-2 --- I just banked the 5ball straight back, missed it by a little, and scratched cross-corner ...Steve has ball in hand --- should/does he shoot the 7ball? - there's a lot of options here....wwyd? ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-26-2019, 03:23 AM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

A Pick em.. I like that..
        "Born Into This"

Comment

This is a very interesting situation and shot selection would be determined on the caliber of the player shooting. Top players would shoot the 7ball and then play some type of a safety. Players that play my speed and under should pass on the 7ball and look to move balls, but how do you do that?

I have a strategy in mind but I'm waiting for others to respond.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Bruce, I know what you would do. Because, I like the way you move,
            remember.

Why shoot the seven ? Even if you make it you get one ball.

Just shoot from where the cue ball is in last picture and bank 5 ball up table
            with top right. Whitey lays down on end rail and 5 ball should be up table on
            your side I like simple shots and solutions.

Comment

i would bank the 5 ball cross corner and try to catch the back half of the 10 ball. If I miss the 10 then I still catch the good side of the 13 ball.

Comment

Hard to tell if it's laying right but if it is, it's a Jimmy Fusco shot. Place the CB around the spot and cross the 5 so it goes to the bottom rail. It will come back into the CB which will hit the 5 over to your side. The 5 ball hit the CB back towards the side pocket. It's a great shot to learn. Jimmy taught me this shot which l had a chance to use in a match. It worked like a charm and l dropped him a few after the match.

Comment

I'm a mover, but just like Tom, I'm all about "controlled aggression"...I'm looking to shoot at my hole on every shot - and as long as I feel that I have a high % likelihood of playing safe at the same time, I surely will...this situation being a perfect example...

If it was my shot here I'm definitely playing the carom, 13 off of the 12 - it's laying real good as seen in the pic below...I'm using high inside english and having the cueball either settling down behind the 5, or kicking the 5 away off of the foot rail - I'd have to study the angle to decide which way would be best.

- Ghost
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-27-2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Shoot the 7 bringing the cb 1 diamond out. Next play the 13 pocket speed removing the 5.

Comment

I’m cutting the 13 and taking out the 5 by kicking it away. Should get it close and got the other stripe next or cover

Comment

Rail ball, shoot the 7 into the long rail above the 5, force follow whitey behind the 14. 7 cross banks, 5 ball banks long rail two rails.
                        Bill Meacham
                        WBT
                        www.worldbilliardtour.com
                        no link....

Comment

I'm looking to rearrange the balls here, shooting the 14 ball straight down the rail to the right side of the 5 ball with decent speed, clearing the 5 ball down table and sending the 14 2 rails into the 12 and 13 ball, freeze the cue ball where the 14 sits now.

Comment

Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
                            I'm looking to rearrange the balls here, shooting the 14 ball straight down the rail to the right side of the 5 ball with decent speed, clearing the 5 ball down table and sending the 14 2 rails into the 12 and 13 ball, freeze the cue ball where the 14 sits now.
                            I like this -- very reliable and especially tough if you pull the cueball back 4" to be besides the 7. Just don't overdraw it.
                            "LOL ... judging by your shot selections you play good" -- Hacker, September 29, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post

I would also shoot the 14-ball to the right side of the 5-ball with medium speed to clear both balls from the vicinity of my opponent's pocket. The caveat on this particular shot is not knowing where the 14 and 5 balls will stop on the table. Based on the angles I perceive in the diagrams, I would not freeze the cue ball to the rail where the 14-ball now sits. Instead, I would draw the cue ball several inches back and freeze it on or as close as possible to the rail to prevent a return two rail bank shot on the 7-ball by my opponent.

Comment

Working...
                              X