Josh Roberts vs Roberto Gomez One Pocket Action Oct. 8th-9th-10th, 2019

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Day 2 recap

Day 2 recap

The Beast came alive on day two, at one point winning 7 games in a row and forcing frustration and unforced errors from Roberto Gomez. Josh played great, making the balls he was left and running out when he got a chance. Roberto was often indecisive, leading to slow play without an easily recognizable plan on his part. Experience does count, and Josh trapped Roberto repeatedly, forcing loose shots and mistakes from Superman.

The final tally ended 16-13, leading to an exciting third day where Josh has a lead, but hardly insurmountable.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
The Beast came alive on day two, at one point winning 7 games in a row and forcing frustration and unforced errors from Roberto Gomez. Josh played great, making the balls he was left and running out when he got a chance. Roberto was often indecisive, leading to slow play without an easily recognizable plan on his part. Experience does count, and Josh trapped Roberto repeatedly, forcing loose shots and mistakes from Superman.

The final tally ended 16-13, leading to an exciting third day where Josh has a lead, but hardly insurmountable.

Thanks for the update. I’m thinking about driving there tomorrow

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I have to bet on Alex, Dennis and Roberto to enjoy watching them... then I don't mind them taking all the time they want. :p

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
I wonder how they came to select the Morgan City venue? Was there pretty good local money?

The owner Jason Romero of Pool Do's Sports Bar loves the action and wanted to bring some to his room

He is staking Josh the one pocket match

He is also staking Robb in the 9 Ball match vs Double J

9 Ball is one set each for JJ & Robb. Decider set #3 race to 13 starts 2pm central.

One Pocket Josh leads 16-13 in a race to 24. Conclusion starts at 5pm central

Copy of Copy of A New Design small.jpg

pool do's logo.png

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Some Video Replays of Roberto Gomez vs Josh Roberts One Pocket Race to 24

Some the best shots of Day Two.

Here https://www.facebook.com/318365238193574/videos/2619766541413113/

Today Starts at 5pm Central

website-logo.png

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Double J & Big Truck in the commentary booth.

Listening to Jeremy's expert commentary is like taking a master class lesson in high level One Pocket.

He is as good as it gets imo

72286078_435996163707187_3855766229528608768_n.jpg

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The owner Jason Romero of Pool Do's Sports Bar loves the action and wanted to bring some to his room

He is staking Josh the one pocket match

He is also staking Robb in the 9 Ball match vs Double J

9 Ball is one set each for JJ & Robb. Decider set #3 race to 13 starts 2pm central.

One Pocket Josh leads 16-13 in a race to 24. Conclusion starts at 5pm central
Terry-- Really like the retro JJ/Saez poster!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Wow, wish I could have watched it! Did Gomez just run out more and Josh couldn't fade it? I know he cant out move Josh...so it had to (once again) come down to excellent ball striking?

Thanks for the action Joe, check your PM ~