Josh Roberts vs Roberto Gomez One Pocket Action Oct. 8th-9th-10th, 2019

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Josh Roberts vs Roberto Gomez One Pocket Action.

Pool Do's Sports Bar Morgan City Louisiana

Roberto has been really stepping up his One Pocket game the last year or so.

Now he's ready to get in the Action box with some of the top guys.

Three day match, 4pm Central Start Daily....October 8th-9th-10th, 2019

Full Production Event, HD Quality,Multiple Camera Angles and Instant Replays.

Format: Race to 24-Stop at 8-16-24 Each Day

Expert Commentary From The Best in The Business Double J Jeremy Jones. :)

Professional One Pocket Live Streaming From www.PoolActionTV.com

71689800_2529777400575752_528709018143686656_n (1).jpg

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Morgan City? Pool Do? Cajun name for a water chicken - poule d'eau - poor man's mallard. It's a coot, or gallinule. :D

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Double J Jeremy Jones has been confirmed as lead commentator for this match :eek:

The way Jeremy breaks down all the shots and strategies of the game is as good as gets.

Listening to Double J do expert commentary is like taking a master class lesson in One Pocket. :)

jj and ray 1.jpg

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
Live from Pool Do's in Morgan City, Louisiana on October 8th-9th-10th, 2019.
It's "The Beast" Josh Roberts vs "Superman" Roberto Gomez.
Professional One Pocket Challenge Match, Race to 24.
USA vs The Philippines.

If you plan on watching this event in person. Only $50.00 for full event VIP reserved seating.
VIP package includes Signed Event Poster and Free Raffle Tickets with chances to win the following:
6 Month Stream Packages, JB Case & Free Drink Tabs
For VIP contact Ray Hansen at (254) 379-2569 or on Facebook.

PoolActionTV's full production online streaming will be available With multiple HD camera angles & instant replays.
Double J Jeremy Jones doing expert commentary breaking down all the shots & strategies of One Pocket.
PPV Purchase Info Coming Soon.

Copy of Gomez vs Roberts Super HD Poster Template (5).jpg

A New Design (11).jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This oughta be a good one. I was very impressed watching Roberto at Buffalo's this year.

This is classic shooter vs mover. Neither is a slouch at the other skill, but at the top of the pecking order where he excels.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I may not even make it into the office on those days, even if I can remember where it is. :eek:

BRLongArm

Verified Member
This is classic shooter vs mover. Neither is a slouch at the other skill, but at the top of the pecking order where he excels.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this one. I may not even make it into the office on those days, even if I can remember where it is. :eek:

I'd say Josh is a complete player who does most things well. His main weakness, if he has one, is his banking, although he has tightened that up in the last two years. He runs balls as well as any American.

But the Filipinos are at a different level in ball running. Roberto runs balls as well as anyone in the world in one pocket. He was giving me 13-6 cheap and he ran 13 and out twice in a row, then 11 the next game. My spot just disappeared in one inning. His moving and strategic thinking are still developing, but he is playing all the killers even right now. He was playing Evan even and beat him in Houston. He beat Chohan in Houston even.

I have been calling for Roberto to be the next great Filipino one pocket player. This match will be a good gauge of where he is and what he can be.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I'd say Josh is a complete player who does most things well. His main weakness, if he has one, is his banking, although he has tightened that up in the last two years. He runs balls as well as any American.

But the Filipinos are at a different level in ball running. Roberto runs balls as well as anyone in the world in one pocket. He was giving me 13-6 cheap and he ran 13 and out twice in a row, then 11 the next game. My spot just disappeared in one inning. His moving and strategic thinking are still developing, but he is playing all the killers even right now. He was playing Evan even and beat him in Houston. He beat Chohan in Houston even.

I have been calling for Roberto to be the next great Filipino one pocket player. This match will be a good gauge of where he is and what he can be.

NOW I get this info, thank you sir! :)

Just kidding, I know he runs balls well but didn't realize some of his wins you mentioned. I was going to say what John did, I feel its mover vs shooter as well but the other part they do very good too. With Josh's commentary and overall knowledge of the game, i am hoping that will earn him the victory over a very good ball maker but less experience one hole player, we shall see.

Like you said, Josh can run balls very well too...this will be a good one!

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Joe
Your insight and perspective is always appreciated.
Thanks for posting

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Gomez

Gomez

He wanted to play Evan even for 10K of his own money, but Evan wanted to play 8 ahead instead of a long race. The fact that he was willing to bet his own means he thought he had a good game.

Which is very scary for the rest of the one pocket world.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
He wanted to play Evan even for 10K of his own money, but Evan wanted to play 8 ahead instead of a long race. The fact that he was willing to bet his own means he thought he had a good game.

Which is very scary for the rest of the one pocket world.

lol, true stuff, I like him more already... :)

chicagomike

Verified Member
I’m looking forward to this one...I think Roberto will edge out Josh based on his Filipino-ness.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I’m looking forward to this one...I think Roberto will edge out Josh based on his Filipino-ness.

I also think most top players of his caliber from the Philippines, are better matchmakers/gamblers. No different than Shanes backers waiting on mother time, to create his up coming match.
I would of bet against Shane in that spot 4 yrs ago....