John Morra v. Danny Smith live on Buffalosbilliards.com

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I know Morra isn't considered a top 1p player, but there's something really special about his mechanics.
He has the absolute cleanest stroke. It's like watching the perfect tennis serve or golf drive.
And even after switching hands...

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
I know Morra isn't considered a top 1p player, but there's something really special about his mechanics.
He has the absolute cleanest stroke. It's like watching the perfect tennis serve or golf drive.
And even after switching hands...

I agree, if one were looking for a players stroke to emulate John Mora would be a good one. I don’t know much about John and what keeps him from being a top player. The few matches I have watched, he pocketed balls cleanly and rarely landed on the wrong side of the ball.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I agree, if one were looking for a players stroke to emulate John Mora would be a good one. I don’t know much about John and what keeps him from being a top player. The few matches I have watched, he pocketed balls cleanly and rarely landed on the wrong side of the ball.

He beat me pretty quickly last year in the derby but I played horrible so, I guess anyone could have. :)

But I agree he has a nice smooth stroke and a good pre-shot routine.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

He really did not care for one pocket at all a few years ago. I talked to him about it after playing him at CA Billiards at the West Coast Swing Tournament.

Looks like he figured he would have to get on board when he switched sides and got back into full time playing. He won the Derby City Banks playing right handed a few years back. He was a top rotation player and it looks like his game is back. We will have to see about one pocket.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
He really did not care for one pocket at all a few years ago. I talked to him about it after playing him at CA Billiards at the West Coast Swing Tournament.

Looks like he figured he would have to get on board when he switched sides and got back into full time playing. He won the Derby City Banks playing right handed a few years back. He was a top rotation player and it looks like his game is back. We will have to see about one pocket.

Oh yea I forgot about that, he switched from a lefty to a righty! That takes some skill right there to be able to compete at the top level either handed...

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Oh yea I forgot about that, he switched from a lefty to a righty! That takes some skill right there to be able to compete at the top level either handed...

Hell, he quit pool altogether for awhile, to pursue a new career... He came back strong, it seems..

BRLongArm

Verified Member
They played one pocket, banks and ten ball. They have been playing for a long time, probably over 40 hours this week. I don't know the result, but I figure Danny must have won the first two to go to rotation.