Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Morra v. Danny Smith live on Buffalosbilliards.com

Free stream on buffalosbilliards.com now

They seem to be playing some weird game where balls made in any pocket allows them to keep shooting. And they're only using 10 balls!!

Comment

Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
      They seem to be playing some weird game where balls made in any pocket allows them to keep shooting. And they're only using 10 balls!!
      Yes, looks like they changed it up.

Comment

New vid just put up today, if some of ya got the jones on

https://youtu.be/PWYmcvbNAcw?t=3
        "Born Into This"

Comment

I know Morra isn't considered a top 1p player, but there's something really special about his mechanics.
          He has the absolute cleanest stroke. It's like watching the perfect tennis serve or golf drive.
          And even after switching hands...

Comment

Originally posted by sneakynito View Post
            I know Morra isn't considered a top 1p player, but there's something really special about his mechanics.
            He has the absolute cleanest stroke. It's like watching the perfect tennis serve or golf drive.
            And even after switching hands...
            I agree, if one were looking for a players stroke to emulate John Mora would be a good one. I don’t know much about John and what keeps him from being a top player. The few matches I have watched, he pocketed balls cleanly and rarely landed on the wrong side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
              I agree, if one were looking for a players stroke to emulate John Mora would be a good one. I don’t know much about John and what keeps him from being a top player. The few matches I have watched, he pocketed balls cleanly and rarely landed on the wrong side of the ball.
              He beat me pretty quickly last year in the derby but I played horrible so, I guess anyone could have.

But I agree he has a nice smooth stroke and a good pre-shot routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardmix View Post
                He really did not care for one pocket at all a few years ago. I talked to him about it after playing him at CA Billiards at the West Coast Swing Tournament.

Looks like he figured he would have to get on board when he switched sides and got back into full time playing. He won the Derby City Banks playing right handed a few years back. He was a top rotation player and it looks like his game is back. We will have to see about one pocket.
                JOHN HENDERSON
                Al Romero Cue
                Magic Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                  He really did not care for one pocket at all a few years ago. I talked to him about it after playing him at CA Billiards at the West Coast Swing Tournament.

Looks like he figured he would have to get on board when he switched sides and got back into full time playing. He won the Derby City Banks playing right handed a few years back. He was a top rotation player and it looks like his game is back. We will have to see about one pocket.
                  Oh yea I forgot about that, he switched from a lefty to a righty! That takes some skill right there to be able to compete at the top level either handed...

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                    Oh yea I forgot about that, he switched from a lefty to a righty! That takes some skill right there to be able to compete at the top level either handed...
                    Ronnie OSullivan is attempting a 147 off handed....

Comment

Originally posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
                      Ronnie OSullivan is attempting a 147 off handed....
                      I don't feel like John or Ronnie even have off-hands anymore.
                      Pretty incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post

Hell, he quit pool altogether for awhile, to pursue a new career... He came back strong, it seems..
                        "Born Into This"

Comment

Danny just told me he lost 12-15

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                            Danny just told me he lost 12-15
                            Was there weight?

Comment

They played one pocket, banks and ten ball. They have been playing for a long time, probably over 40 hours this week. I don't know the result, but I figure Danny must have won the first two to go to rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X