WWYD - Player A vs Player B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
    I love the way people are doing diagrams to display their shot choices.. It means something...
    Originally posted by gulfportdoc View Post
    Me too. But they often draw lines representing impossible angles...

~Doc
    Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    ...yeah Jimmy, it does...it means that their mouse could spot their pool cue 12-5 and the breaks...
    alright knuckleheads....there shall be no fancy diagrams from this one from Miller as well.....

somewhere there is a thread titled: " A Video Is Worth 30 Times 1000 Words Per Second"

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
      option 1
      [ATTACH]25106[/ATTACH]
      option 2
      [ATTACH]25107[/ATTACH]
      Originally posted by BRLongArm View Post
      This is Tony Chohan's shot. Bank the stripe and go four rails under the balls along the foot rail.
      Larry and Joe with the cookies.

This is from T-Rex vs Sky 2019 DCC - Tony is the shooter.

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	401452

Tony's shot located here; forward to about the 8:00 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDVvh7DcX_w

Last edited by Miller; 10-05-2019, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here:

[ATTACH]25124[/ATTACH]

Yeah bro...I watched that match several months ago...that was one of Tony's crazier shots - made me chuckle seeing it...and that was no "Might have gotten a little fortunate" - that was: did get very fortunate >>>
        Attached Files
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

[ATTACH]25124[/ATTACH]

He hit it better than I did....
          Thanks for the wwyd dustin

Comment

Here it is all cued up https://youtu.be/lDVvh7DcX_w?t=8m58s

Comment

He ran whitey 4 rails around the table. Might have gotten a little fortunate - the six and five chased him for a spell. Leaving Sky here: ...

Wow! Did he tiptoe through the tulips on THAT one!! Great result, but Tony and R. Martinez are the only ones who'd fire at that one..

Nice wwyd, Dustin. And a good video clip.

~Doc

Comment

After watching that shot some of these WWYD should be classified strictly as what WWTCD.

Comment

you got a shot here ghosty?
                  Belatedly bro...

After looking at this situation, the shot I saw that I would shoot, is almost the same shot that Keith posted up, and with the same thought process that Keith explains here...

Except unlike Keith saying he would leave his cueball "on the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond"...I would most definitely be leaving my cueball on the side rail just below the 1st diamond - because I can't let my opponent see the 5ball or he would bank it cross-corner at the two striped balls, which would be disastrous.

Originally posted by sappo View Post
                  I don't know how to diagram maybe someone will put it up but here's my shot. I don't know what ball it is, its the blueish/greenish striped ball im hitting it into the 1 ball and then the 1 ball into the 8 ball. Im hitting into the ball thickly sending those three balls toward the side rail and im playing the cue ball to the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond. The three balls that I sent toward the side rail make them pretty much unbankable because the banking lane is now blocked. My opponent has no good offensive shot and Im hoping when I get back to the table Ill have a better position that will let me begin to get out of the trap.
                  Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-06-2019, 03:34 AM.
                  jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

nice wwyd Dustin ~

He did bank the ball off the 6 like me and a couple others suggested, but to go 3 /4 rails with CB , he def got a little lucky there were no bad collisions...good shot

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                      Belatedly bro...

After looking at this situation, the shot I saw that I would shoot, is almost the same shot that Keith posted up, and with the same thought process that Keith explains here...

Except unlike Keith saying he would leave his cueball "on the side rail at or just above the 1st diamond"...I would most definitely be leaving my cueball on the side rail just below the 1st diamond - because I can't let my opponent see the 5ball or he would bank it cross-corner at the two striped balls, which would be disastrous.
                      Ghost you are right. I never gave that 5 ball any attention and it is definitely the key ball to keep your opponent from seeing. Keith

Comment

Originally posted by androd View Post
                        No one picked this shot seems kinda natural to me, if you get lucky and make you might get a few.

[ATTACH]25108[/ATTACH]
                        If you can get the shot to shorten up and take the route you diagrammed then it's an option to consider, a little too aggressive for my liking. I like Franks option with banking the 9ball with right English to kill the cue ball and have the cue ball end up near the side rail up table on the shooters side.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                          With the ball count advantage that my opponent has he will try to protect that lead and not take a chance with a long shot if I can position that bank shot near my hole. He will most like play off that ball. Maybe on my next turn I will have a better opportunity. This might be my choice using right English.
                          [ATTACH]25111[/ATTACH].
                          This would be my choice applying pressure on my opponent and playing a good cue ball leaving distance.

Very tough situation for the shooter to negotiate from, at least with this option you pretty much know what you're giving up and then you can deal with the results.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X