Wwyd money game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wwyd money game

Last ball on the table. Your pocket is top right. Wwyd? 100 a game.

Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Wwyd money game

Better picture lol.

Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Bank it short of pocket speed back up towards the hole where the cue ball is now and leave whitey on the foot rail on the middle diamond.

Comment

i am banking that at my hole and the ob is not going to stop short or be rolling terribly slow. time to win the game shot, and prob not lose if i miss is the bonus.

Comment

cowboy dennis had a thread or 2 or 3 on this several years ago
          I could only find this thread
          as for what would I do
          I listen to my elders and shoot rods or toms shot

Click image for larger version

Name:	ball on spot androd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	401458
          cowboy dennis gave his results in his thread
          I will post the link and more results in the next post

Name:	ball on spot dennis 3 tom.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	401459
          Last edited by lll; 10-06-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

here is the link
            http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7692

more diagrams and results from cowboy dennis

Name:	ball on spot dennis.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	401460

Name:	ball on spot dennis 2.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	401461

Comment

back cutting the ball being sure to back cut it or miss the ball entirely (so now there are 2 balls on the spot) was not a favorite except for a few

Comment

Even though I do try to cut it sometimes if the bet is less and I am feeling good, more often I am banking cross corner playing all CB to be up table on his side someplace up near corner pocket if I can.

But if the bet was high and I really wanted to play the best shot I felt left little return, it would be similar to what brexit posted above. I use all LHE and just play the cb to side rail and rest on foot rail near mid diamond, OB banks up near corner pocket. Possible leaves include a tough back cut 1 railer or a funny angle 2 railer, try to focus on CB on rail, it makes all return shots harder.

Comment

I always cut it in if it’s outside the pocket(too the left in pic) in this instance I hit it full like the diagram. I think I learned that from listening to Grady on commentary. Like Larry said play to over cut it.

Comment

This morning out of curiosity since I have not tried a shot like this, I tried the cut on the 6 into the hole, I hit it a little thick and scratched, hit it perfect 'I thought' the next time, made it, but cb doubled out and went kitty corner and scratched!
                    All that other stuff you guys are discussing is way over my head! I'll have to work that stuff to get up to speed. Whitey
                    Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 10-06-2019, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
                      This morning out of curiosity since I have not tried a shot like this, I tried the cut on the 6 into the hole, I hit it a little thick and scratched, hit it perfect 'I thought' the next time, made it, but cb doubled out and went kitty corner and scratched!
                      All that other stuff you guys are discussing is way over my head! I'll have to work that stuff to get up to speed. Whitey
                      If you are past the point on the corner pocket, that is such a consistent scratch. Even very different tables, it will scratch lol.

I do not shoot at it once cb gets past the point. You have to get lucky not to scratch somewhere at that point.

Comment

Wwyd money game

Well I like to try to cut this ball in if i am shooting well that day at all. I just make sure to overcut the OB if anything. This way it’s never a loss and it gives me the chance to control my destiny and win the game this inning. So I shot it and hung it in the jaws. My opponent tried to get it out and couldn’t and gave me the game. We were discussing it afterwards and I shot it two more times. Once I missed the OB (so a ball would have spotted) and the next shot I made. So two out of three wins and once I missed but am still in the game so couldn’t lose that inning. I know it’s not the popular choice but I like the odds.

Comment

i ill cut if the pockets are big.
                          if not, knock it close to his side pocket.

against a weak player i will bank it down to the short rail and leave him up table. they always seem to sell out from there.

against a good player i have will have already won if there is just one ball left.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                            cowboy dennis had a thread or 2 or 3 on this several years ago
                            I could only find this thread
                            as for what would I do
                            I listen to my elders and shoot rods or toms shot

[ATTACH]25131[/ATTACH]
                            cowboy dennis gave his results in his thread
                            I will post the link and more results in the next post

[ATTACH]25132[/ATTACH]
                            You are shooting with the cueball in the wrong corner I believe.

Comment

I would shoot the shot to go near my side pocket and roll the cueball down on the end rail , I have seen too many good bankers make the ball one rail if you only come up 2 or 2 1/2 diamonds even when cueball is on the rail , Luat banked one in near the side pocket from just above the second diamond , so the others aren't that tough.
                              He killed the cueball with inside english and the ball never came out of the kitchen.
                              For the guys cutting the ball , its definitely make able, even I have made it many times for 5 a game and some tables are easier than others , but I can't remember ever seeing any of the great shot makers play the shot in a serious game.
                              Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-06-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X