No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. John 47 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hyy3RUaJF1caCA6FA Click on video to get sound.

I felt like I should correct my previous video to represent what Tom wanted to portray. Obviously I stroked it just a little hard, but it is tricky to get the cb just hooked on the 12 so the spotted 8 ball can not be seen, but not to leave a shot on the 12 for Ghost. So it has to be stroked just right, but that is OP.

This wwyd reminds me of chess puzzles from the LA Times that I would work. One puzzle like only had 3 or 4 pieces left on the board and they were well scattered, and it was check mate in 2 moves. It drove me nuts, never did get the right answer. Wish I could remember how it was set up. Whitey

Comment

• Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hyy3RUaJF1caCA6FA Click on video to get sound.

I felt like I should correct my previous video to represent what Tom wanted to portray. Obviously I stroked it just a little hard, but it is tricky to get the cb just hooked on the 12 so the spotted 8 ball can not be seen, but not to leave a shot on the 12 for Ghost. So it has to be stroked just right, but that is OP.

Come on Whitey, there is nothing tricky about it. Just lag the ball in and you're there. As far as your having stroked the ball "a little hard" Isn't that where Doc. Bill suggested playing the five ball? Well, you got it there and look at the result. I think it is safe to assume any decent player can pocket the 8 and hook the cue ball on the 12 and 5. But what if it laid a bit differently. There would be other ways to hook the cue ball behind those three balls and protect the 10. Even taking a foul could
      work out nicely.

This wwyd reminds me of chess puzzles from the LA Times that I would work. One puzzle like only had 3 or 4 pieces left on the board and they were well scattered, and it was check mate in 2 moves. It drove me nuts, never did get the right answer. Wish I could remember how it was set up. Whitey
      Like in a game of chess, learning to anticipate and avoid the potential traps our opponents might put us in is a key element to playing solid one pocket. This was one fine example.
      Ghost, just my own observation and preference. I like these straight forward wwyd threads better than those which require an understanding of the finer nuances of the situations.

As you are keenly aware, this situation which at first appeared quite simple still generated a number of interesting responses and debate.
      I for one would like to see more of the same.
      And of course, I appreciate your efforts as much as the rest of the crew. If I didn't, I wouldn't have provided my input. So, thank you.

Tom
      Last edited by Tom Wirth; 10-15-2019, 02:14 PM.

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Wirth View Post
        Like in a game of chess, learning to anticipate and avoid the potential traps our opponents might put us in is a key element to playing solid one pocket. This was one fine example.
        Ghost, just my own observation and preference. I like these straight forward wwyd threads better than those which require an understanding of the finer nuances of the situations.

As you are keenly aware, this situation which at first appeared quite simple still generated a number of interesting responses and debate.
        I for one would like to see more of the same.
        And of course, I appreciate your efforts as much as the rest of the crew. If I didn't, I wouldn't have provided my input. So, thank you.

Tom
        I agree. There still were a number of options but they are clear not muddled by if the ball clears

Comment

• I came late to this WWYD, and I agree it's very thought provoking. The 5 will definitely needs to be taken out of play, but I'd like to do it in a manner that would also eliminate his advantage. He's earned the 10, so let's give it to him while moving the 5 to our side of the table.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Thread 37....similar to your shot, but I'm trying to scratch the cue ball behind the 10. I'll have Allot more cue ball speed if I do hit the 10, and I know I can hang up (thin) the 5 ball, Every time.
            Bill Meacham
            WBT
            www.worldbilliardtour.com
            no link....

Comment

Working...
            X