Ghost vs. John 47 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. John 47 wwyd?

My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom right --- score is Ghost ahead 7 to 4, both going to 8 --- I'm corner-hooked and can't see the 10ball --- there's about 5 choices here - wwyd ----->
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-09-2019, 02:26 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Ghost vs. John 47 wwyd?

I’m coming off the 5 and sinking his 12. Moving the 5 updatable on my side so even if I miss, it will be tough for him to get multiple balls.
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Are you serious this must be a trick question there is only one option that I can think of, anything else would be uncivilized. I hate to come on so critical but come on Ghosty you surely can think of a better wwyd then this one.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
            Are you serious this must be a trick question there is only one option that I can think of, anything else would be uncivilized. I hate to come on so critical but come on Ghosty you surely can think of a better wwyd then this one.

Dr. Bill
            No trick here partner - I believe there's a good lesson to be learned here - and if you don't realize that then you had better turn in your teaching credentials .....imo there's one shot that is the best choice, but it isn't necessarily the choice that most players would choose .

Dr. Ghost
            Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-08-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

The ONLY choice I see, and I assume is the one Dr Bill is referring to is to bank the 5 ball to the upper corner near those other two balls at pocket speed. He can have the 10 ball, but that is all. Score is now 7-5.

I would not take a chance trying to make the 10 ball coming off the 5 ball.You'd have to hit it pretty hard to execute that, and the 5 ball could come out leaving him a shot. And, there is absolutely no point in kicking the 10 ball in and taking any chance of coming off the hill

(Sure hope Ghost has some cookies on hand for this one)

Last edited by darmoose; 10-08-2019, 10:37 PM. Reason: error
              The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

I would just punt the 5 ball off the long rail short of the corner , and roll up near the stripe at the top of the table and let him try to get out from there . I would just give him the 10 rather than take a chance of drawing into it scratching and making a ball up in the top corner or some other goofy thing that usually happens when I turn a ball loose.
                Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-08-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

my gut reaction was kick the 10 ball in
                  but based on the score
                  i like the idea of put the 5 out of play and play from 7-5
                  i am here to learn so
                  lets see how the posts progress

Comment

I guess I'm going with the 5 ball out of play option

Comment

One thing. I like kicking 1 rail at the ball and hiding the 2 up table balls with the 5. I’m afraid if I shoot the 5 away and leave the 12 he will play shape on a bank and possibly knock the ball in by the pocket up there leaving me with having to deal with stuff coming back down to the business end. I don’t want that.
                      I should kick that ball in 9 out of 10 times.

Comment

i assume the first picture tells us which pocket you have. and that first pic you have the last ball in your hole with it being the pocket on the left.

that may be some confusion here. at least for me.

but in any case anyone that cant one rail into that ball every single time isnt supposed to be on this forum. there is another forum for those that cant play.
                        Last edited by beatle; 10-09-2019, 05:05 AM.

Comment

All Cue Ball Speed

Cut the 5, into your side upper corner pocket....hang it up or lay it ON that long rail....cue ball two rails back to THAT same long rail.
                          Last edited by Island Drive; 10-10-2019, 10:41 AM.
                          Bill Meacham
                          WBT
                          www.worldbilliardtour.com
                          no link....

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                            i assume the first picture tells us which pocket you have. and that first pic you have the last ball in your hole with it being the pocket on the left.

but in any case anyone that cant one rail into that ball every single time isnt supposed to be on this forum. there is another forum for those that cant play.
                            I figure 9/10. Where’s is that other forum for guys my speed?

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post

I don't understand your point, beatle. Just like anyone on this board should be able to kick the 10 ball in "every single time", I would think that everyone on this board can recognize which hole is the Ghost's hole and what the scenario is that we are analyzing here.

That aside, there is no point, and absolutely nothing to gain, and much to lose in attempting to kick that 10 ball in lieu of putting the 5 ball out of play.. To suggest otherwise to those who are here trying to learn is a disservice.

The question is not can you kick the 10 ball in; the question is should you.

If you disagree, please enlighten us on a few good things and a few bad things that can happen attempting to kick in the 10 ball, you know, risk/reward analysis.

Thanks for sharing, but I expect most will get it.

The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

Working...
                              X