Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wdcfd?

What Did Chicago Fats Do?

Some of the boys were asking me to show them a shot yesterday I pulled on a one-ball-left game. I figured if I was going to spend time making an image I might as well post a thread.

I was playing a local tough player named Sergio. You all know I don't like a game that lasts more than 5 minutes, but this game we already spent 30 minutes and at least 15 or 17 minutes was on the last ball on the table.

I ended up in this position where the object ball was on the head of the table about a half inch off the rail.

I didn't think I could one rail it with out jumping the cue ball off the table. I ended up loading up with as much left hand english as possible with my cue at about 30 degrees. I kick popped it in off the rail for the 2 rail bank and more importantly killed the cue ball there.

Sergio asked me after the game if I ever shot that before. He doesn't speak much, so it was nice to see he admired my shot.

These are always fun winning the game on a hum dinger.

Zing!!!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChicagoFats; 10-14-2019, 04:48 PM.

nice shot Fats...

If you promise to shoot shots like that against me, I wont ask for as big of a spot!

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
      What Did Chicago Fats Do?

Some of the boys were asking me to show them a shot yesterday I pulled on a one-ball-left game. I figured if I was going to spend time making an image I might as well post a thread.

I was playing a local tough player named Sergio. You all know I don't like a game that lasts more than 5 minutes, but this game we already spent 30 minutes and at least 15 or 17 minutes was on the last ball on the table.

I ended up in this position where the object ball was on the head of the table about a half inch off the rail.

I didn't think I could one rail it with out jumping the cue ball off the table. I ended up loading up with as much left hand english as possible with my cue at about 30 degrees. I kick popped it in off the rail for the 2 rail bank and more importantly killed the cue ball there.

Sergio asked me after the game if I ever shot that before. He doesn't speak much, so it was nice to see he admired my shot.

These are always fun winning the game on a hum dinger.

Zing!!!!
      nice shot there homey. you got a bag full of em.

(i've watched sergio perez play before - that cat can play some....)

Comment

Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
        nice shot Fats...

If you promise to shoot shots like that against me, I wont ask for as big of a spot!
        You might be begging me to stop shooting them after a couple hours.

Comment

I think that is a pretty legit shot and doesn’t have to be lucky if you practice it and are confident playing it.
          Live long and play strong,
          -Chicagomike

Comment

Originally posted by chicagomike View Post
            I think that is a pretty legit shot and doesn’t have to be lucky if you practice it and are confident playing it.
            Thanks Chicago Mike. I guess when I am playing for 100 a game that is considered practice. I need to stop splashing a full rack once in a while, but this was a pretty controlled shot. ...Not a flyer in my book.

Believe it or not I actually practiced my stroke a few weeks ago. It's not as painful as I thought.
            Last edited by ChicagoFats; 10-14-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I think the creativity in the shot is there and if you are comfortable shooting it, more power to you!

IMO, when there's 1 ball left, thew ONLY thing i am trying not to do is scratch lol....seems like this would be a shot where scratching comes into play sometimes...

Comment

Wdcfd?

I shot this shot once for 300 a game. And no I am not kidding. . I needed the last two. And yes I lost the game 😂. I hit it well and left it by my hole but this maniac fired back at me and made a very low % shot to win the game.
                Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Mitch, youre not talking about Sergio from Florida are you?
                  I heard hes one of the better players down there.
                  If youre there have you run into Hacker?
                  I miss that guy.

Comment

Wdcfd?

Originally posted by keoneyo View Post
                    Mitch, youre not talking about Sergio from Florida are you?

I heard hes one of the better players down there.

If youre there have you run into Hacker?

I miss that guy.

No that was Dan who played Sergio and I believe he is a Chicago local. I think Rob quit playing pool. He is funny I agree. And a straight shooter m.
                    Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
                      No that was Dan who played Sergio and I believe he is a Chicago local. I think Rob quit playing pool. He is funny I agree. And a straight shooter m.
                      Your answer got me to thinking about all the people I have known that played great pool and now never play at all.
                      100s of guys , most people will never play as well as

Comment

Working...
                      X