No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Pat 39 wwyd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank the 4 just above the side pocket and then to the 5 ball that's by your pocket to make the 4. Draw the cue ball to the side rail and back out even with the one.

Cut the 4 directly to your pocket with your best soft left draw to return the cue ball to about where it is. It looks like it might actually fit, but just avoid hitting the 13.
    Bob Jewett
    www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
      my shot
      i forgot to show the cue ball to the object ball
      you guys get the idea
      [ATTACH]25183[/ATTACH]

Larry, you don't like hitting it a bit harder and letting the 4 go three more rails toward your pocket??
      "Born Into This"

Comment

bank the 4 off the side driving it into the 8 advancing both balls and leaving whitey on the foot rail.
        Attached Files

Comment

I like cutting the 4 ball towards the 9 ball here. Looks like a lot of good things can happen with little downside. Load the cb up with low left hand spin and pinch draw your cb.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy B View Post
            Larry, you don't like hitting it a bit harder and letting the 4 go three more rails toward your pocket??
            jimmy
            i need to look for the 5 railers more
            good eye
            thanks

Comment

Ghost vs. Pat 39 wwyd?

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
              I like cutting the 4 ball towards the 9 ball here. Looks like a lot of good things can happen with little downside. Load the cb up with low left hand spin and pinch draw your cb.

Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
              This is my first and most likely selected shot from your WWGD series.

I would back-cut the 4 ball using pocket speed, but plenty of draw and a bit of left on the cue ball. My two main objectives with this shot would be to put another ball down by my hole and leave my opponent with hopefully a game losing decision.

I've left a very low percentage back cut for the other player, he also has to decide if he just going to slow roll it and hope to duck behind my up rail cluster, or hit the one ball firmly with confidence and barrel though my cluster.

That simple 4 ball shot should lead to 3-5 balls on anything he does aggressively and fails.

[IMG][/IMG]

Good shot and if I didn’t shoot the 5 railer for fun and was just playing smart (very rarely lol) this is actually what I would shoot.
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like a rail first shot to the three ball might just work.

Comment

I like thinning the 1 ball on the left side sending it to the rail behind the 2 ball and 2 railing the cue ball back to the lower pocket. Looks like if hit well the 1 ball and the 3 ball will end up near your pocket.

From there your opponent would be forced to shoot at the 4 ball with no chance of position.

The shot all depends it there is clearance around the 15 ball.

Bill S.

Comment

Originally posted by jtompilot View Post
                    There’s a big wall to hide behind, so the three ball combo might be good. 1-2-5
                    Jim, not sure if it would be my final choice, but this is the shot that I saw and liked...although, I think the natural angle (fuller hit on the 1) to get the cueball to end up in the cluster as we would want...would dictate to us to have the 2ball go into the long rail, and then, cutting the 3ball in, or close.

- Ghost
                    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

I'm in the camp of those who suggest cutting the four and drawing the cue ball back to the right side rail. This should be a very safe option and create quite a bit of difficulty for the suc,,, r..I mean opponent.

One other option I like and I think it might have been mentioned, roll the cue ball into the 1-13 and drift the cue ball onto the 2 ball.

Tom

"Controlled Aggression" trwirth369@gmail.com

Comment

It's early in the game, and you have the superior position, by a large margin. Anything that detracts from that, has to be a mistake, in my mind.
                        I like several of the shots, but the simplest shot, seems to me, to be the best , Cut the 4 in, or at my hole, and come back behind all the blocking balls . If I made the 4 ,I would probably be closer to the rail and might have a little better angle, to shoot the 3 ball combo, pilot and ghost mentioned, and put the cueball behind the stack.
                        I can't get to a diamond table right now, but can the 5 railer come short?
                        I might shoot it if it did , but in my mind, it can only be hit long ,into the stack , which I would not want to do, you might bump the end ball out and your opponent gets a shot, and runs out on you , {it's happened so many times to me, in 55 years, that I believe there is a 5 rail " punishment" law in effect, whenever there are more than 3 balls in play.}
                        A Chinese voice comes out of the corner of the room, Ahhaaa pool dude , you likee 5 railer , see how you likee this!
                        Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-15-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Jackets View Post
                          It's early in the game, and you have the superior position, by a large margin. Anything that detracts from that, has to be a mistake, in my mind.
                          I like several of the shots, but the simplest shot, seems to me, to be the best , Cut the 4 in, or at my hole, and come back behind all the blocking balls . If I made the 4 ,I would probably be closer to the rail and might have a little better angle, to shoot the 3 ball combo, pilot and ghost mentioned, and put the cueball behind the stack.
                          I can't get to a diamond table right now, but can the 5 railer come short?
                          I might shoot it if it did , but in my mind, it can only be hit long ,into the stack , which I would not want to do, you might bump the end ball out and your opponent gets a shot, and runs out on you , {it's happened so many times to me, in 55 years, that I believe there is a 5 rail " punishment" law in effect, whenever there are more than 3 balls in play.}
                          A Chinese voice comes out of the corner of the room, Ahhaaa pool dude , you likee 5 railer , see how you likee this!
                          I believe in all of your logic here. My choice also would be cutting the four ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                            This is the shot I like also. Keith

Comment

seems like the rail first on the 3 leads to a few balls and is very playable

Comment

Originally posted by TxOnePocket View Post
                                This is my first and most likely selected shot from your WWGD series.

I would back-cut the 4 ball using pocket speed, but plenty of draw and a bit of left on the cue ball. My two main objectives with this shot would be to put another ball down by my hole and leave my opponent with hopefully a game losing decision.

I've left a very low percentage back cut for the other player, he also has to decide if he just going to slow roll it and hope to duck behind my up rail cluster, or hit the one ball firmly with confidence and barrel though my cluster.

That simple 4 ball shot should lead to 3-5 balls on anything he does aggressively and fails.

[IMG][/IMG]
                                This is my shot and you can't pay me to shoot anything else. I don't care who my opponent is. That's my final answer.

Comment

Working...
                                X