Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Pat 39 wwyd?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by beatle View Post
    when in a super position like this there was no reason to open up balls for him.
    or take shots that can do that. so he went from a nice favorite to being in trouble.
    That's why he gets 11-7/10-7 from me.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

    Comment


    • #62
      What's the point in 5-railing the 4-ball when you can achieve at least as good a result by controlling the speed of the shot? As suggested by a couple of folks, cutting the 4-ball into the 9/11 with a center low CB to bring it back to its original area seems like the simple way to go. The 4 will kiss of the 9 or 11 and head towards the shooter's pocket.

      Comment


      • #63
        Ghost vs. Pat 39 wwyd?

        Originally posted by OneRock View Post
        What's the point in 5-railing the 4-ball when you can achieve at least as good a result by controlling the speed of the shot? As suggested by a couple of folks, cutting the 4-ball into the 9/11 with a center low CB to bring it back to its original area seems like the simple way to go. The 4 will kiss of the 9 or 11 and head towards the shooter's pocket.


        The five railer was never my real option, as I stated in a later post. In reality you described what I would shoot. (I posted that later as well). Good call. Heh
        Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
          If you touch that 12 ball... its game over. This is a bit risky.
          True enough. I executed my shot really well on the very first attempt, but the following ones were... let's say less convincing

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Mkbtank View Post
            The five railer was never my real option, as I stated in a later post. In reality you described what I would shoot. (I posted that later as well). Good call. Heh
            That's why I need a little something.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by OneRock View Post
              What's the point in 5-railing the 4-ball when you can achieve at least as good a result by controlling the speed of the shot? As suggested by a couple of folks, cutting the 4-ball into the 9/11 with a center low CB to bring it back to its original area seems like the simple way to go. The 4 will kiss of the 9 or 11 and head towards the shooter's pocket.
              the 5 railer looked to be laying good but I also would not have pulled the trigger on it in a real game. My shot would have been the 3 ball combo drawing the CB to side rail and back into stack or just some follow and follow down behind it, depending on what felt right at the table.

              Cutting the 4 is a good shot too IMO, and one that doesn't naturally jump out to me because of the CB having to be let loose a little.

              and welcome back Peter ~

              Comment


              • #67
                Grinder vs the dancing bear....

                Originally posted by cincy_kid View Post
                the 5 railer looked to be laying good but I also would not have pulled the trigger on it in a real game. My shot would have been the 3 ball combo drawing the CB to side rail and back into stack or just some follow and follow down behind it, depending on what felt right at the table.

                Cutting the 4 is a good shot too IMO, and one that doesn't naturally jump out to me because of the CB having to be let loose a little.

                and welcome back Peter ~
                Mitch....

                I did the same ''knee jerk'' reaction 5 rail thinking when I First looked at the pic, because I Liked (knew).... where my cue ball would end up.

                Let's call it....ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

                Mitch moment.
                Would love to see You someday, playing Nicky....Would pay top dollar for that copy.


                Have a great holiday guys, I'll be at our next event, but not if Orcullo is entered .

                You guyz were too tough on Varner, ease up will yah . Don't wanna scare em off.
                Bill Meacham
                WBT
                www.worldbilliardtour.com
                no link....

                Comment

                Working...
                X