No announcement yet.

Ghost vs. Ike 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am coming thin off the five, opening those three balls up and going two rails into the stack. Much easier than the bank.
    JOHN HENDERSON
    Al Romero Cue
    Magic Chalk

Comment

I honestly like Frank's shot but I also don't mind firing the 1 ball 3 rails and putting the cue ball up table.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
        I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.
        The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]

I'm in agreement with Frank on this one. Looks like a enough room to get a good hit on whitey.
        Chris P.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
          Frank... where do you live?
          I am going to give Ike a bankroll and a plane ticket
          In this situation with that score I’m shooting my shot no matter whom I’m playing. As much as I admire Ike and his abilities I’m still shooting. Ike and I are no strangers in competition. I don’t see much of a down side to the shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
            I would take a foul.... kick 2 rails back and forth underneath stack to catcher's mitt. Try and freeze him on back of 15 ball.
            If the 3 doesnt pass the 5 clean then I would shoot the same shot but play off the 5 super thin.
            You cant leave ike that kick on the 5 8.
            i like this the best..the z kick above
            but
            i think this would work too
            the lines arent perfect
            ghost you play alot of 3 cushion
            is this do-able?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	ghost ike wwyd 3c shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	401552

Comment

Ghost vs. Ike 1

I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.

The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]

Anything else would be uncivilized 👍
              Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhendy View Post
                I am coming thin off the five, opening those three balls up and going two rails into the stack. Much easier than the bank.
                This is the shot I saw also. I wouldn't want to leave the 8 dead off the 5 if they kicked into my corner, been beat too many times with that Hail Mary.
                Last edited by Billy Jackets; 10-22-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

That's a very nice shot, as long as you don't need to put any left spin on the CB (because it's hard to gauge). Played properly that would really put the opponent in deep do-do...

Otherwise I'd shoot Frank's straight-back on the 1 ball.

~Doc

Comment

Looks like a natural angle to tick off the 5 ball and send the cue ball 2 rails under the 13 ball, IDK why you'd look to foul up 3 - 0 with the natural angle.

Comment

In this situation with that score I’m shooting my shot no matter whom I’m playing. As much as I admire Ike and his abilities I’m still shooting. Ike and I are no strangers in competition. I don’t see much of a down side to the shot.
                      I’m usually with Barber and this is no exception.
                      As Seasons said in that movie...
                      It ain’t that hard a shot.

PS I’d almost bet most here would shoot it.

Comment

If I am playing cheap, sure I shoot the straight back, it's a good shot!

For me though if I am betting higher or in a tourney really trying to win, my choice to play off the 3 is based on 2 things:

1) I dont like where the 3 is currently sitting. He can keep me off the combo a lot easier with the 3 staying in that position so I want to move it and I also like leaving distance for my opponent coming to the table when I can.

2) Jacking up in any situation gives you less control over the OB and the CB no matter how well you play, so when I can, I also try to shoot more level with the least amount of obstacles.

The zig zag into the stack was the very first thing that popped into my head but I dont want to move that combo by coming off the 5 and I dont need to take a foul here when I can leave him up table and get a better look next time.

just my 2 cents

Comment

I like taking the intentional and kick two rails to the stack. I like where the 5ball is now, no need to move it.

Dr. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wincardona View Post
                            I like taking the intentional and kick two rails to the stack. I like where the 5ball is now, no need to move it.

Dr. Bill
                            Zig sagging into the stack will just invite Ike to zig zag back into the five ball and destroy your combo. Just needs to move those balls an inch or two. Easy to do.

That two rail kick into the stack option will cause you a ball and his reply might not cost him any because those balls are so close to the rail.

Comment

Zig sagging into the stack will just invite Ike to zig zag back into the five ball and destroy your combo. Just needs to move those balls an inch or two. Easy to do.

That two rail kick into the stack option will cause you a ball and his reply might not cost him any because those balls are so close to the rail.
                              If he zig zags back, you are likely to have a much better angle to play the bank, and he could/should be jacked up to make his shot harder.

I would rather shoot a short rail shot jacked up than trying to hit the long rail bank jacked up. But I am an old guy with the yips.
                              JOHN HENDERSON
                              Al Romero Cue
                              Magic Chalk

Comment

If he zig zags back, you are likely to have a much better angle to play the bank, and he could/should be jacked up to make his shot harder.

I would rather shoot a short rail shot jacked up than trying to hit the long rail bank jacked up. But I am an old guy with the yips.
                                Don't forget with ton's of experience and wisdom, in 100% agreement plus that jacked up bank can go badly a lot of ways.

Comment

Working...
                                X