Ghost vs. Ike 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Ike 1

My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom left --- Ghost ahead 3-0 --- Ike kicked from off the head rail and left me here --- not too many good choices available --- wwyd?
    Attached Files
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Another view ----->
    Attached Files

Comment

And another ----->
      Attached Files

Comment

Last view ----->
        Attached Files

Comment

I would take a foul.... kick 2 rails back and forth underneath stack to catcher's mitt. Try and freeze him on back of 15 ball.
          If the 3 doesnt pass the 5 clean then I would shoot the same shot but play off the 5 super thin.
          You cant leave ike that kick on the 5 8.

Comment

Since the 8/5 is lay so well I would not disturb them by going off the 5 2 rails into the stack. Take the foul, as Dan suggested, and hope Ike leaves you with a better position when he puts back where you are now.

Comment

I would say thin off the 1 and double him up but I dont like the 3 being close to that dead combo and messing it up for me so i would very thin off the 3 down to the head rail

Last edited by cincy_kid; 10-22-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
                My shot --- my pocket is at the bottom left --- Ghost ahead 3-0 --- Ike kicked from off the head rail and left me here --- not too many good choices available --- wwyd?
                Kick two rails into the 10. If you can do that by playing off the 5, do so because that makes his kick back more difficult.

Comment

Yes, I also like the zig zag into the pack like Fats..
                  "Born Into This"

Comment

I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.
                    The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

Click image for larger version

Name:	no spin required.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	401551

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                      I would try this since no spin on the cue ball is required. If it goes I have position on the twelve ball, if not, it's protected by the stack.
                      The eight ball appears to be enough out of the way to allow a decent hit on the cue ball.

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]
                      ditto was just signing in to post. lol
                      "I'm gettin worse everyday and right now
                      I'm playing like it's next year"

Comment

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]
                        Frank... where do you live?
                        I am going to give Ike a bankroll and a plane ticket

Comment

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]
                          Great shot if you can confidently handle the limited access to the CB. Too tough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFats View Post
                            I would take a foul.... kick 2 rails back and forth underneath stack to catcher's mitt. Try and freeze him on back of 15 ball.
                            If the 3 doesnt pass the 5 clean then I would shoot the same shot but play off the 5 super thin.
                            You cant leave ike that kick on the 5 8.
                            When I looked at the photos thats exactly what I was going to suggest. Keith

Comment

[ATTACH]25245[/ATTACH]
                              I feel like jacked up... this might come off at a 90 degree tangent. I will have to take it to the table.
                              If the 8 ball is not there, I think I shoot this all day long.

Comment

Working...
                              X