• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lll View Post
    ghost if hit a little harder or a different angle if available
    to get the 12 on alex side
    near the side rail and above the side pocket
    that would stop you from having a free 2 railer
    i have to give you kudos to put alex in such a pickle .....
    it will be hard for you not to have the first shot to your pocket
    icbw
    Correct Larry. My intention would be to get the 12ball to the area that would discourage him from shooting the two rail on the nine ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post

Nice shooting Whitey...but I would like to know, how many times did you shoot the shots to get those two results?.

- Ghost
      jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

I always enjoy seeing what's possible, but a shot that requires superior execution is rarely -- NEVER! -- the right choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
          Nice shooting Whitey...but I would like to know, how many times did you shoot the shots to get those two results?.

- Ghost
          No fair.

Now you're implying that Whitey is human.

Comment

- Ghost
            About 2 to 3 times each, do not really remember. I do not do one offs anymore, for I do not practice 7 hrs a day and hustle all night long anymore. But just got up and sleepy eyed 4:30 am shots!

But for me, it just knowing the shots are there, for I do not have the experience, so I have to take them to the table. I thought the back bank on the 4 was there but was not sure, because the natural angle would take the cb ever so close to the 1, but with top spin it hugs the rail some and then clears the 1 as it comes around.

I did not see the the 2 rail on the 10 until after I had done the bank on the 4, so then I tried that shot. It is a little tricky hitting the 10 just right because you have to come down on the cb some, which slightly masse's it.

I do not mind asking how many attempts, and my answer will always be "the one off days are over for me", wish it wasn't, and the truth hurts!

I sure do not do these kind of shots everyday so I am learning the game, and shots as I go along working my way through them. In an actual game I would not of known if those shots were on, now I do know! Whitey
            Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 10-27-2019, 06:11 PM.

Comment

About 2 to 3 times each, do not really remember. I do not do one offs anymore, for I do not practice 7 hrs a day and hustle all night long anymore. But just got up and sleepy eyed 4:30 am shots!

But for me, it just knowing the shots are there, for I do not have the experience, so I have to take them to the table. I thought the back bank on the 4 was there but was not sure, because the natural angle would take the cb ever so close to the 1, but with top spin it hugs the rail some and then clears the 1 as it comes around.

I did not see the the 2 rail on the 10 until after I had done the bank on the 4, so then I tried that shot. It is a little tricky hitting the 10 just right because you have to come down on the cb some, which slightly masse's it.

I do not mind asking how many attempts, and my answer will always be "the one off days are over for me", wish it wasn't, and the truth hurts!

I sure do not do these kind of shots everyday so I am learning the game, and shots as I go along working my way through them. In an actual game I would not of known if those shots were on, now I do know! Whitey
              Whitey, imo, with whitey < hey! I made a pun froze on the rail, shooting those two shots just 2 to 3 times each to get those results is well above average....I would guesstimate that it would take most all of us on here 2-6 times each to get those results.

- Ghost

Comment

Alex's chosen shot has not been mentioned yet...here's a clue: Alex plays pretty good, I give him 9-8, and his style is to play very careful and strategic - he's no gofer.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                  ghost if hit a little harder or a different angle if available
                  to get the 12 on alex side
                  near the side rail and above the side pocket
                  that would stop you from having a free 2 railer

i have to give you kudos to put alex in such a pickle .....
                  it will be hard for you not to have the first shot to your pocket
                  icbw
                  Larry, I could still shoot the 2-railer = and either spin out of the corner towards the 1ball, - if I don't make the 2-railer I leave my opponent a very tough, not free cut shot (cuz the 9 will be by my pocket ) - or I can shoot the 2-railer and stop right there on the cushion, leaving a heart-check tough shot shooting off the rail, with the 9 sitting by my pocket.

Comment

That's more like it brother Chris...

- Ghost
                    LOL, funny Ghost...

BTW, when I envisioned the shot, the 12 ball was going more towards the other 2 balls up near the head rail, keeping them out of play more, but you probably will still have some sort of 2 railer available...

Comment

I wouldnt shoot it but my guess is Alex thinned the 1 playing the cueball to return to the footrail.

Comment

could these be the mistery shot!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LnUeNDkS4JYsxb4T8 Click on videos to get sound. The videos are coming up weird, so you might have to click on them a few or several times for them to come in.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fAFQSNop5FndjvYs7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BV9NQ33spsFDk7FUA

These are all 1st attempts. My ph. camera will not let me to continuous record, so I have about a little over a minute to do a video, or it is to long to post. Whitey
                        Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 10-28-2019, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Ghost vs. Alex 6

Thin the 4 and get cue ball back on the bottom cushion or maybe side cushion under side pocket

Comment

My choice is hitting the right side of the 8 ball(some calling it the 4 ball) and leaving the cue ball close to the side rail about 1 diamond up from the corner. Live to shoot another shot.
                            Chris P.

Comment

Originally posted by tucson9ball View Post
                              My choice is hitting the right side of the 8 ball(some calling it the 4 ball) and leaving the cue ball close to the side rail about 1 diamond up from the corner. Live to shoot another shot.
                              Then cant he just cut the 1 or 12 or bank the 1 or 12?

free shots basically...

Comment

Well, Alex took a couple of minutes trying to find a shot that he could settle for, but couldn't find one....so since he was shooting off the rail, with distance, getting only one try, and with a pool cue and not his computer mouse, he decided he didn't want to take a chance on leaving me a shot where I could possibly make it, run two more and win the game...

So he decided that he liked his chances better by getting 100% safe and playing at a 5-5 score going forward = he took an intentional and left me like this >>>

p.s. I can't see the 9 to 2-rail it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X