Ghost vs. Alex 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
    Well, Alex took a couple of minutes trying to find a shot that he could settle for, but couldn't find one....so since he was shooting off the rail, with distance, getting only one try, and with a pool cue and not his computer mouse, he decided he didn't want to take a chance on leaving me a shot where I could possibly make it, run two more and win the game...

So he decided that he liked his chances better by getting 100% safe and playing at a 5-5 score going forward = he took an intentional and left me like this >>>

p.s. I can't see the 9 to 2-rail it.
    What would you have shot if you were Alex?
    This was a tough one ghost
    Thanks

What would you shoot from there?

Comment

So now you go thin off the 8.

Alex shoots through the 2 banking it up table.

You have a bank to your hole. The 2 or the 8. Or even 2 rail the 9.

Alex was getting weight, now he is playing even. I guess you never said he made a good choice.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unoperro View Post
        So now you go thin off the 8.

Alex shoots through the 2 banking it up table.

You have a bank to your hole. The 2 or the 8. Or even 2 rail the 9.

Alex was getting weight, now he is playing even. I guess you never said he made a good choice.
        Nope, Alex is smarter than that...Alex plays good, and smart, I only give him 9-8 - and he's a very strong 3cushion player...

If I come "thin off the 8", Alex will do what I would do = not "shoot through the 2" as you said, and leave a bank - he will come off of the 8, banking it either 1 rail or 2 rails over to his side of the table, and sending Whitey down my long rail, leaving me on the foot rail, 1/2 of a diamond from my pocket.
        jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Comment

Well, Alex took a couple of minutes trying to find a shot that he could settle for, but couldn't find one....so since he was shooting off the rail, with distance, getting only one try, and with a pool cue and not his computer mouse, he decided he didn't want to take a chance on leaving me a shot where I could possibly make it, run two more and win the game...

So he decided that he liked his chances better by getting 100% safe and playing at a 5-5 score going forward = he took an intentional and left me like this >>>

Pretty damn good shot, really...

~Doc

Comment

so knock the 2 up table as you play better than him and welcome that type of finish.

or thin the back side of the 2 and leave it over near the rail and the cue ball near the 4 on the short rail.

Comment

no way on earth would i take a scratch here. as giving up a lead ball is much worse than the possibility he may give up one with a bad shot.

Comment

Well, from here, I am definitely banking that one ball back to my hole. The CB will naturally travel two rails (long and long) and finish on his side of the table. With just a little bit of good fortune I will get some cover from the 15 and 2 balls.

Last edited by darmoose; 10-28-2019, 11:03 PM. Reason: error
                The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.

Comment

Originally posted by beatle View Post
                  no way on earth would i take a scratch here. as giving up a lead ball is much worse than the possibility he may give up one with a bad shot.
                  I am with you on that beatle, no way I am taking a scratch when I need 2 and he needs 3 and I am the one being spotted...

Comment

I like LS Johns shot. If you shoot the one and make it shooting off the 8/rail I’ll tip my cap but you might leave bank should you hit it ever so slightly bad.

Comment

Originally posted by lll View Post
                      What would you have shot if you were Alex?
                      This was a tough one ghost
                      Thanks

What would you shoot from there?
                      Since he took a foul from there you might as well put him back to the same spot and maybe you can get a couple of more scratches out of him. lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	another scratch.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	401570

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post
                        Since he took a foul from there you might as well put him back to the same spot and maybe you can get a couple of more scratches out of him. lol

[ATTACH]25281[/ATTACH]
                        He must have been on his last air barrel for that game or there is no way he should be taking a foul.
                        Is this Alex aka ChiChi?

Comment

I agree with every thing frank says meaning the shot and the reason . I am a firm believer that if a guy doesn't like a position that is where you should put him all the time

Comment

Originally posted by catkins View Post
                            I agree with every thing frank says meaning the shot and the reason . I am a firm believer that if a guy doesn't like a position that is where you should put him all the time
                            Tripple tap. Taking a foul to go there is useless. You give up a ball and you are back where you started. You can put the guy up on the top rail without to much aggression and even the Love Child of Dennis Orcollo and Allison Fisher isn't making more than one ball 20% of the time from there....and you don't give up the ball. I may be not the best mover but that can't be the best move.
                            Last edited by Nick B; 10-30-2019, 01:48 AM.
                            Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

Originally posted by Nick B View Post
                              Tripple tap. Taking a foul to go there is useless. You give up a ball and you are back where you started. You can put the guy up on the top rail without to much aggression and even the Love Child of Dennis Orcollo and Allison Fisher isn't making more than one ball 20% of the time from there....and you don't giver up the ball. I may be not the best mover but that can't be the best move.
                              I think ur 50/50 to get a return bank if your opponents ego lets him shoot from the rail, if you think you are stiffing that ball from the rail trying to get shape well I'll have to learn that lesson the hard way, multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Almanza View Post

[ATTACH]25281[/ATTACH]
                                This isnt so easy. Take this to the table and try it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X