Ghost vs. Alex 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost vs. Alex 6

Here we have an end game situation...Alex is in an uncomfortable position - what can he do here to not leave me a cut shot or any type of bank shot?...

Alex's shot --- his pocket is at the bottom left --- Alex ahead 6-5, both going to 8 --- the cueball and the 9ball are both frozen to the rail --- the 1ball passes the 12ball to my pocket --- wwyd? - that realistically, shooting off the rail, you can successfully execute in one attempt.

P.S. Hey Darrell...here's another one of the type you said you prefer = not a bunch of offensive choices, instead, a well thought out strategic shot needs to be accomplished.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-25-2019, 11:03 PM.
    jrhendy: Ghost does come up with shots that others don't see.

Last view ----->

Originally posted by Scrzbill View Post
    Whiling I was driving I saw a green van and thought about stiffing the six ball. Cue ball is drawn to the rail. Six ball comes off the end rail, hits the side rail right before the side and then into the one. Six goes in, your shooting at the balls by your pocket.
    WINNER WINNER
    CHICKEN DINNER

Originally posted by Island Drive View Post
    How about banking the 4 ball 2 rails short outta
    the corner, open up those 3 balls, and put the cue ball on the head rail behind the 6.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 11-13-2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Cut the 8 over by his pocket on the head rail and let whitey run back down to a few diamonds away from your pocket on your long rail.
      Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 10-25-2019, 11:16 PM.

Comment

I am crossing the 12 over to my side and trying to carom the 1 to the end rail. If I can get the 12 above the side pocket and still catch the top side of the 1 then I feel like the shot was a success. 2nd shot is to bank the 4 ball with speed and hopefully miss the 2 rail scratch in the side.

Comment

Bank the 12 across to your side above the side pocket and run the cue ball into the right side of the 1 to move it up table. It looks like the angle is natural but you might have to adjust the hit on the 12.
          Bob Jewett
          www.sfbilliards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jewett View Post
            Bank the 12 across to your side above the side pocket and run the cue ball into the right side of the 1 to move it up table. It looks like the angle is natural but you might have to adjust the hit on the 12.
            That's what I see, might land on the head rail.
            Bill Meacham
            WBT
            www.worldbilliardtour.com
            no link....

Comment

Half ball quiet hit on the ball and leave him doubled up on the label. Not much can go wrong if your weight is reasonable and nothing is easily bankable.
              Attached Files
              Regards,

Nick B

Name: Nick Beretanos

Comment

I would bank the 12 across side to between 1 diamond and 2 diamonds from my rail , carom into the 1 and knock it up by the 9 ball and cueball will go to my long rail near the kitchen line. Its hard to keep him off every shot , so I will leave a 2 railer with a ball on my side, that goes straight in , or a cross corner bank, with a chance for a kiss in it.
                I like the freeze the cue ball ,up on the one shot , but if you don't hide it, you could lose the game with it.

Comment

I cant find anything i love so I am gonna try to make sure that not more than one ball gets run so I am gonna cut the one to get it to the top rail and leave the cue ball tree topped over the 4
                  Attached Files

Comment

the hit on the cross on the 12 to hit the one was my first shot by looks to me with the follow your going to put on the cu ball your gonna miss the one or hit it to thin so I was worried about the sell out or the scratch

Comment

how about trying to save the game and not selling out.

bank the 12 toward the 9 only hard enough to leave it near the short rail. follow the cue ball enough so he hasn't a bank on the one.

Comment

I see that a lot of members that have been logged in last night or today haven't posted up their shot choice here - I guess it must be cuz they're in a coma looking at this situation and don't know what to do............

Hey, tell you what..for those that can't find a decent shot, I'll let youse guys out for 1/2 - just paypal me $20, since we're playing for $40 here...

- Ghost

P.S. I'm for putting youse in tough positions...I'll put up easier/simpler situations for y'all guys going forward...
                        Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 10-26-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kybanks View Post
                          I am crossing the 12 over to my side and trying to carom the 1 to the end rail. If I can get the 12 above the side pocket and still catch the top side of the 1 then I feel like the shot was a success. 2nd shot is to bank the 4 ball with speed and hopefully miss the 2 rail scratch in the side.
                          Those are the two shots I see.

Comment

or just hit the 4 up table cue ball goes left and the three balls kind of line up with no good shot.

Comment

Roll on the eight

Comment

Working...
                              X